The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:15 am

Holger can't help but make a solemn moment of remembrance for the slain guards and Maji all about him, as he projects his face above the doorway. There seem to be mixed reactions from the crowd.

As Zokk injures a chair, Anders calls another guard in who gathers it up nervously and takes it away to be 'healed'.

((I don't know how findable Maji's kin will be, as I don't think he even knew who they were having been orphaned at a young age, much less if he communicated any of that to you guys.))

Burns:
► Show Spoiler
As Tess asks about the family of a young mage woman, the Commander glances over at Holger before speaking.

"Unfortunately, no. We are not in the position of having unlimited funds to dispense. In the event of unintended death or murder, if the responsible parties can be found and held accountable, then the family may be able to receive some compensation that way. If she was a member of the Guild, most of the guildhalls will help out families of members that pass."

"As long as they are up to date on their dues.", Anders remarks.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:59 am

Gordon is as perplexed about the pouch of metal bits as zokk is. He peers down at them from his seat, trying to figure out what they might be.

2d20 = [10, 2] = 12 = -1

(Sigh... You poor poor confused little man.)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 am

((I want Tess to get a chance to continue her questions but someone should ask if they can intercede on our behalf to get back to the magic transportation circle thing.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:35 am

Gordon peers blearily at the pouch, his eyes still watering from the sun. They look like food?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:55 am

Gordon's stomach rumbles at the thought of food. He's a bit disappointed that the humans didn't give him any food.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:27 pm

"Denaria was her name. Does it ring a bell? She looked like this."

Nem recreates a minor illusion of the woman based on what she remembers from Kreldoran's illusion.

She watches the Commander particularly, paying attention for anyone who might recognise her face.

Insight: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:41 pm

((Give me an Int roll please? To see how well you're able to make her likeness appear on the painting you're conjuring.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Out of sequence: When asked by the Commander for the group's name, Randy briefly hesitates, and with a slightly ironic look towards Holger replies "The Change Winds."

(( So let it be written. So let it be done! :P ))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:24 am

Gordon looks around the room with mild fascination, drinking in the sights. His eyes have recovered from the brightness of the burning ball of light in the sky enough to allow him to look about the room.

He carefully climbs down from his perch and begins hobbling around with his cane touching and looking at random stuff and making various non-language sounds. (Hrmmm? Hmmph! Yeargh?)

He's fairly oblivious to any amount of what would otherwise be called personal space and freely looks at and touches things that are being carried or worn by others.

(Ex: touching cloth and muttering something about it's softness and then touching armor and murmuring about it's hardness)

If he finds food... He eats it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:36 am

There is a pitcher of something on the table and a stack of mugs.

((I'll let the others dictate how the react.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 am

Gordon's eyes brighten. He ignores the empty small vessels and grabs the taller one. He picks it up and looks inside and then begins to drink from it.

Or at least this is his intention. (Whether he's noticed and stopped or not)
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:41 am

((Give me a Strength check.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:43 am

(finally a good roll..)

2d20 = [20, 19] = 39 = 16

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:46 am

((Pretty sure you have a strength bonus too.))

"Gordon" manages to crawl onto the table and heads for the pitcher.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:47 am

Oh true... It would be actually be 19 then. Woo

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:24 am

"Ummm....Ulmwin, your...patient...is getting away from you."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Dornikal stays focused on Anders and the commander, doing his best to ignore the tattooed gnome.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:19 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:41 pm ((Give me an Int roll please? To see how well you're able to make her likeness appear on the painting you're conjuring.))

Int: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:21 am

The Commander peers at the "painting" Tess presents him with.

"It kind of looks like someone, but if you're asking about the same woman that Starwind was, she is indeed deceased, and as no one knew who she was or how to reach her family, she was buried in a cemetery a mile or two south. You say she was a mage? The guild didn't step forward to claim h---..."

He breaks off as "Ğøřđőñ" clambers onto the table and begins gulping from the pitcher he has lifted above his face, water splashing down on the table and running to the edge. The two guard leaders scoot back to stay dry.

"You'll be taking him with you when you leave?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:40 am

"Aye think he is a local? Not sure he'd want to come. What do ye have for places we could leave him?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:44 am

Having satisfied a thirst that had been burning in his stomach for longer than he knows, Gordon walks back over to the edge of the table, climbs down and resumes his seat on the tree. He pats the tree in a friendly thankful kind of way.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:07 am

Randy grimaces. "Apparently, being left in magical hibernation for a couple of thousand years messes with your head. I believe Ulmwin said he doesn't know who he is?" He looks to Ulmwin for confirmation on this.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:32 am

As much as Coljin thinks it will be a lot of work; having another confused, non-common speaking person along for the ride; he is not about to let this ancient gnome be left behind and get treated possibly badly in a city that is so human-centric.

"Dornikal, that would be like letting you here alone in this city if you were lost." he says chastisingly. "I doubt you'd be getting along very well with most."
"He's coming with us. He needs the help and he also has knowledge, though he can't remember it now, of the long past which might be very worthwhile to the world."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:37 am

"But isn't he from here? An' aye've seen plenty of gnomes around here."

Dornikal shrugs, he was just trying to be helpful and isn't sure hauling a confused gnome through a portal to the far side of the continent is going to be all that helpful for their stability.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:12 am

"He mostly seems... eccentric, rather than dangerous, but if he needed to be institutionalized, there is a facility a few days to the north east. As I understand, they do care for a number of non-verbal patients... I speak a smattering of gnomish, but what I've heard him say doesn't make any sense to me.", Anders chimes in.

"Ah, please, it was remiss of me not to offer you a drink. I can send for another pitcher, of if you are so inclined, you could join some of the others in the mess for a meal. Nothing fancy, but an additional thanks for your efforts.", offers the Commander.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler