Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:35 am

Sleep is for the weak!

Holger wis save: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7
Holger con save: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24

Posting a con save in advance in case that is needed.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:50 am

((Since it's going to be busy today: ))

Con: 1d20+2 = [9] = 11

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 am

Since others are posting con saves..here is my pathetic roll

Con save: 1D20+1 = [5]+1 = 6

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 am

Con save: 1D20 = [11] = 11

Ok, I rolled the wrong thing, but it's +2 for a Wis save.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:59 am

When they get to camp, Nem puts the ring back on to check for any changes in the direction of the other shackles, then will keep Holger back a moment and shows him the control ring.

"This controls the shackles, and it's linked to two more sets to the west of us. If you attune to it, you'll be able to feel where they are. There's two other sets to the west of us that link to this. I don't know how far."

...I'm going to explain a couple of things to the others."

Over the course of the evening, Nem will speak to each of the original party (she'll tell Dornikal if he's decided to join the group, but not if he's still part of the Merchant party. I forget what he's decided on), starting with Randy, but saying much the same to everyone. She's unemotional as she speaks:

"I know you worry about the group, so I think you ought to know that this ((she gestures to herself)) might bring us trouble. I'm sure you've worked a few things out by now, but suffice it to say that I was not a willing participant in the circus I used to travel with. When I escaped, I left a hell of a mess behind me. Might be they think I died, might be they're still looking for me. I have no idea. I've just been keeping moving and keeping a low profile. I'm... tired of it. All of it. But since all of this might put the rest of you at risk, it seems only fair to explain a bit. I... will understand if it's not a risk you're willing to take."

"The ghost by the road was another ex-slave. She stole the control ring for her shackles and escaped. The ring itself is tied to two others that are west-ish of us right now. I don't know how far, or what to do with that knowledge, but... Well, I figure you should probably know. I'm going to ditch the shackles we have down the well once it's been cleaned. I don't want to be tracked the same way we can track the other sets."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:03 pm

((You've moved beyond the orc tainted wells, they are presumably clear from here on out.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Maji grits his teeth when he hears what Tess says, shaking his head. He writes Let them find you. We will butcher those that captured you and those that try to take you. I will see to it that they are severly punished.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Dornikal listens but waits for Szartha's response.

Read poorly.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:45 pm

((I don't think she's saying it to Szartha.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:48 pm

((Missed that and edited, I think Dornikal hasn't declared what he is doing but has noted he is contracted as a guard until Estmont. It's probably generally know he isn't going to continue as a guard but has anyone asked him to stay on with the group? He isn't sure what to do next.

So I guess it is up to Tess if she does or doesn't tell him.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:53 pm

((Szartha's not really made plans known. He's promised you three pay for your time once funds are in hand, but is not making any claims on your time or loyalty beyond that. Since your intent originally was short term work, he's anticipating that you'll be leaving his employ once paid. Tren and Galt are multi year employees, and have indicated an intent to stay on, whatever that means.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:09 pm

((Nem isn't telling anyone who doesn't need to know, just because it's less risky for her that way. If Dornikal decides to stay, she'll talk to him then, since it'll be important to him at that point.))

Nem laughs at Majis response and hugs him.

"I hope it doesn't come to that love! But I'm glad you've got my back if it does "

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Listening attentively to Tess' story, Coljin just nods at times.
Afterwards he quietly responds, "I can understand how it would get very old, very tiring hiding and looking over your shoulder all the time. I'm glad you are willing to trust me, and us.
We have all grown close and I feel I trust you all like family. Everyone in the group has risked their life to save one or more of the others." With a sly grin he adds, "If times got harsh enough, I think Z and Maji would even sacrifice to save each other, though neither would admit it."

"Anyways, it's all good. We can handle a snake mummy wannabe god, so we can deal with circus slavers if need be."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Randy nods to what Tess is telling him. " I wondered if there wasn't something like that. I take it that you want to find those others with the shackles and free them?" He looks thoughtful. " It could be risky, yes. But I have a dim view of slavers as a general rule. I would not willingly leave an innocent in bondage if we have the means of releasing them. I can't speak for the others, but you'll have my help." He gives Tess a gentle smile. " And maybe you can put your demons to rest. I'm with you." He gives her a quick hug.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Maji grins at Tess when she laughs. He stiffens when Tess hugs him, looking very uncomfortable as he's not used to this at all.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:35 pm

As Nemeia gives her explanation, Ulmwin listens intently... Letting out only a simple "I had no idea..." when it comes to an end. "Well, I might have had a couple thoughts and suspicions, but..." he pauses for a second, seeming lost in though, before continuing.

"I can certainly understand the sentiment though. Ya shouldn't have to hide anymore- And hey, if some old "friends" do ever come back to pay you a visit... They'll have to go through a whole bunch of new friends to get to you, get what I'm saying."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:10 pm

To Maji: sending him stiffen up, she lets go and touches his arm "Sorry love, I'm a hugger!"

To Randy: "No, I don't. Not at all... If I never see those people again I'll be happy. I don't want to find them, and I don't want revenge. I just want to live my own life."

She can't quite bring herself to make eye contact while she speaks to the ranger.

To Ulmwin: "Thanks love". She scoops him into a hug.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Randy looks closely at her, then nods. "I believe I understand." He gives a wry grin. "I sometimes forget that others aren't necessarily obsessed with being an instrument of vengeance or a tool of the gods." He gives a quiet chuckle. "It's good you can put it behind you. You'll probably be happier for it. I'm pretty damn sure you'll live longer." His smile turns hard and grim. He gives her shoulder a squeeze and then turns away, makes his way to a shady spot and starts working on removing the notch from his sword.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:10 pm

Nem sighs, rolling the ring between her fingers as Randy turns to walk away.

"I should go after them though, shouldn't I. For the sake of the other people they've taken."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:04 pm

Randy pauses before going. "Unfortunately, that choice is for you to decide. You'll have to decide to go or not...and then live with the results of that choice. I'll support your decision either way. I cannot tell you that one choice is better than the other. You're not a warrior, although you've proved you can hold your own in a fight. You've no oath or obligation to these people. The question I would ask yourself, though, is could you live with yourself if you walk away, knowing what these people may be going through? And then you must balance that against the risk that you would put yourself and your friends through to help them. It's no easy decision."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:09 am

Holger will smile caringly but stay practical as he asks his question

"Want me to attune to it and see if I can get a feel of how far away they are?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:48 am

Ulmwin gladly accepts the hug, giving a couple reassuring pats.

"Things will turn out just dandy, I'm sure. Hell lass, I reckon if they were to meet with you again they'd be in for a surprise- You've grown into those horns, and I'm sure they'd be raked over them should they ever try anything."

"Most important thing though, no matter what happens, we'll be there to back you along the way. Well, I'll be at least- Though I've little doubt the others agree."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:08 am

Holger (and whoever else is interested in where the other shackles are): "It doesn't give an indication of distance, just direction. The other sets are back the way we came, more or less. I'm not sure what's out that way."

She slips on the ring and points in the direction she senses.

((Forgot to hug Coljin, but he gets one too :) ))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:24 am

"I could see if I can do something about that with my own magic, only has to be temporary to know if it is feasible to intervene."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:11 am

Nem pauses.

"Ok... But don't use it. If someone gets inexplicably freed from their shackles it's more likely than not to go very badly for them.

It's important. Don't use it."

Nem gives him the ring.