The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:01 pm

"If you will pardon me, ma'am, I need to run a quick errand and then I'll be right back. Zokk is waiting on an order from the store, so he's going to stay here. There may be one or two others show up in a bit, but they'll be either human or gnomes, possibly a dwarf." He gives a quick tug on his forelock and then briskly heads back to the inn to fetch the lance.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:56 pm

"Hmmmmm.... I aaaam heeeereee wiiiith uuuuncleeee's frieeeeends aaaaand I neeeeed theeeeiiir heeelp wiiiith sooooomeeeeethiiiiing."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:12 pm

Randy will go at a brisk walk back to the inn. He gives a nod to the inn keeper as he heads back upstairs to the rooms, where he collects the lance. He covers the tip with a bit of cloth that he ties around it, figuring that it wouldn't be a good idea to walk around with a bare lance in town. It might unnecessarily aggravate the guards or alarm people. He then quickly goes back down stairs and out the door, headed back to the general store.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Ulmwin bids his goodbye, and looks to go find the others again.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:37 pm

Ulmwin finds Zokk talking to an old woman on a bench while Gordon naps.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Dornikal greets Tess as she comes out with a nod and responds,

"So what do we do until tomorrow?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:02 am

I'm just gonna post a performance check for Holger in case I get busy when we reach that time of day. I assumed advantage as I am profficient in performance and instrument not that it matters in this case

Holger performance: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [19, 9]+6 = 25
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:07 am

Coljin is done with the strangeness of the day, of his companions, of all kinds of stuff. He just slowly heads back to the inn for some food and some quiet time to think and ponder.
Once there he will head up to his room and removed most of his gear, dressing more comfortably, and then heading down to the tap room.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:27 am

"I suppose we wait. I'll come back at dawn to see how things are progressing with the identification, but I have nothing else pressing to do until then. I'd like to visit the talk to the others and see about investigating this murder a little more carefully. If the Commander of the Guard is in on all this, maybe we should look at him a bit more carefully too. We've got a grave to visit as well, and at least one politician in town who has FAR too many locks on his secret basement door not to arouse at least a little suspicion."

She grins at him. "Where do you want to start?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:53 am

"Well aye'm always partial to graves and giving the lass a proper prayer. Maybe talk with the others first though?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am

"Yeah, I agree. I asked Coljin if he could speak to the dead and he says he can't, though he knows it's possible. Shame, really, but not much can be done about it."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:54 am

While Tess and Dornikal ponder about the logistics getting clues from the dead, and what roll the Commander has in all of this, and how Pembleton and his secret basement door fit into things, Coljin has had quite enough excitement for a while, and returns to the inn. He runs into Randy there, who is on his way back out with the lance from the sewers. It's hard to saunter casually with a lance, but Randy is trying. At least its well balanced and not overly heavy.

Coljin changes into his comfy clothes and heads down to the bar area where a few early arrivals are showing up to drink their dinners. The dinner menu is just going up, and is fairly seafood heavy, but there is also a sausage and potato dish, and a mixed root veg pie.

Randy eventually meets up with Ulmwin, Zokk and "Gordon", who are still sitting near the bench with Evelyn. Ulmwin is plucking a tune on his lute, while the old woman has conscripted Zokk to hold a skein of yarn between his limbs as she knits away at something.

She currently seems to be nattering on about how it's nice that Zokk is in town to visit some family friends, and that her family only comes to visit on holidays, especially now that the grand kids have children of their own, and would it be that much of a bother to bring the little ones to see their great gran?

"Gordon" is sleeping, the nonsense of the old woman providing a pleasant enough backdrop for his rest.

The shop's dog has been let out, and is curled up in a spot of sun on the other end of the bench, taking a nap as well.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:08 am

To Randy, "I'm gonna be here for a while. Ordering a drink and gonna think about what we all did here in this city, and about Maji, and will be here in case anyone from the group shows up. Go do what you need to do, Randerwaith."
Coljin will order an ale and then slowly just sit, sip, and watch people enter the Inn for early dinner. He declines food for now, saying he is just going to sit for a 'good while'.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:13 am

The server will bring you an ale, stopping by occasionally to check on you.

((You attempting to accomplish anything with your people watching? Or just passing time quietly? ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:51 am

Nem will suggest to Dornikal that they head back to the inn to regroup there.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:16 pm

Coljin will just be passing time and thinking about the last few days and how he and his goddess wish him to proceed. After about two hours and a very slow ale, he will go back up to his room, look at the items of Maji's that he snatched from the 'alter' and he will take the medallion and he will attune with it. He is interested in the item that gives a bonus to religion checks.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Dornikal agrees and heads back to the inn.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:27 pm

Zokk doesn’t seem to mind the lady using them as a holder for yarn. They play with the yarn for a bit, giving a few soft chirps as they do. ”Whyyy nooot goooo tooo theeeem?”

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Randy will find a place to just sit and start studying the lance, now that he has it in good light.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:14 pm

"I spent my nimble years running after them, now they can't bother with a visit every now and then?", she complains.

Randy inspects the lance, it is engraved metal, and well made, though a far cry from a typical lance, about half the weight for one. He had done a few tilts before, but with straight wooden shafts capped at the ends to get the balance right. This is a much more involved, complicated design, with various pivot points and shroudings, though it is rigid and solid. It's also quite grubby, bits of dried mud and seaweed clinging.

((Randy can give me an Int check of his choice.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:23 pm

(( I'm assuming you don't mean religion or nature...although I guess it could be a religious artifact. Makes a difference on the roll.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:58 pm

((Your choice, but what you roll flavors what you get!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:23 pm

"Hmmmm. I aaam noooot suuuureee. Maaaaybeee theeey aaareeee rooooteeeed?"

Zokk finally sees Randy and gives him a wave. "Heeeelloooo friiieeend Raaaaandyyyy. Iiiiis thaaat theee weeeeaaaapoooon?"

Zokk gives Gordon a gentle poke to try to wake him.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:25 pm

(( Keeping with the theme of a holy quest then...))

religion: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:10 am

Gordon awakes with a lurch.
2d20 = [17, 4] = 21

Falling from his perch onto the street which elicits a loud groan from him. He looks up at the tree, wondering why it woke him up.

He takes in the scene and as he does he spots the human with The Lance which had looked so familiar. He hurries over to the human who's holding it.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.