The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:00 am

Dornikal shakes his head and sighs as he moves away to keep from getting splattered, "Aye think he ate too quickly. Holger can clean it and Gord up when he comes out aye guess."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Holger rubs his temple as he lowers his defenses

"Something like that, killed a mummified version of them recently."
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:27 pm

Holger insight: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Sounds... hangry?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:46 pm

(Is there any vegitation or books on flora?)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:57 am

((Just in the waiting area? Give me an investigation check.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:36 am

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:37 am

Holger turns towards Zokk and mutters distractedly.

"Zokk, remind me to check your leaves later today."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:50 am

Zokk finds the equivalent of a coffee table book with fine illustrated pages depicting various flowering structures of common plants.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:45 am

((My, my that's a bit risqué reading material!))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:29 am

Insight to why Holger is asking about thier leaves.

Insight [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15
”Myyyy leeeeaaaveees aaareee fiiineee.

Whyyyyy ooonlly haaaveee flooweeers? Wheeereee otheeer plaaants?”

Zokk points at the book.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:33 am

(Zokk wants to know where the sexy trees are at, he's not interested in smaller races. o:) )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:46 am

"Hmmm...? Oh, that's an identification reference for wildflowers... was there something in particular you were looking for? We do have other books on plants..."

((Well, yews are gymnosperms, so any of what might be considered "sexy bits" of flowering plants are pretty distantly related. Roughly the level of if Holger picked up a book on lizard genitals. :D ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:54 am

”Hmmm....yooouuu saaaid sooomeeeethiing aaaboout aaaaniii...aaaamniiii... ummm.....I aaam noooot ooonlyyy waaalkiiing treeeee?”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:20 am

"Animated? Yes, there are more nature oriented spells that can awaken an otherwise non-sentient tree and imbue it with at lease a facsimile of intelligence... something that the dirt worshiping types can pull off occasionally, as I understand. I've not had an opportunity to study any such constructs."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:40 am

((Whatever floats their boats I guess!))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:52 am

”I diiiid nooot knooow diirt waaas aaalssooo liiikeeed byyy uuuuumaaaans. Dooo uuumaaans aaalsooo neeed doiort? Doooo yooou knoow wheeereee diiirt woorshiiing uuumaaans aaaaree?”

(Not like that :p)
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:53 am

"Ahhh... out in the woods, most likely. Mostly our nutrients come from our food."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:07 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:46 am((Well, yews are gymnosperms, so any of what might be considered "sexy bits" of flowering plants are pretty distantly related. Roughly the level of if Holger picked up a book on lizard genitals. :D ))
((Well.. Holger might take up a female dragon on that offer, Just to say he did it.. :roll: ))

"For the hot place I mentioned yesterday. Anyways, I grow tired of waiting for an exchange of notes that takes a lot longer than it needs to."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:28 pm

"Are you in fact authorized to deal in regards to this item?", Pembleton asks when answered by Tess's silence.

"Should you wish to depart, you may. If you wished access research tomes while you wait on your friend, we can discuss that.", Jones replies to Holger.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:29 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:18 pm ((She is, but I didn't tell YOU what yet!))

Tess hears a horn blast that no one else in the room reacts to, and manages to play off her surprise with a raise of the eyebrows at Pembleton's suggestion of possibly buying out her employer.

((It's been a while since the Horn of Silent Alarm has been used our time (I forgot you had it), but Tess would know Randy has it and is sounding it with the intent of getting her attention and warning her.))
((that's very true, I was assuming it would come up though haha!))

Nem smiles back at Pembleton. "That is an interesting question indeed.

Wizard Zottle, you do remember I paid you yesterday for a confidential assessment of the device? I assume you performed THAT task as promised? I would like to know what you found. PRIVATELY."

((Also, sorry for the delay I've been really sick this week))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:41 pm

Zottle looks a bit uncomfortable, and Pembleton looks ready to raise an objection.

Zottle speaks, "Yes. Again, apologies on the other matter, but I did undertake that assessment on your employer's behalf. If you would care to follow me?"

"Hold on now!", Pembleton sputters.

"Sit. Please, sit. I notified you as a term of our prior arrangement, but the girl paid for my services in this matter, I intend to satisfy them to the best I am able. If you're looking to buy her interest out, she ought to know what it is she's selling, don't you think?"

Pembleton makes some further indignant sputtering, he probably doesn't often get balked. His guard's hands have gone still at his side and he seems to be waiting for the word from his boss.

Zottle stands, slipping the orb into a pocket of his robes before opening the door and gesturing for you to proceed him through it. He closes the door to the study behind him, and then strides forward, taking you down a hallway and opens another door, again gesturing you through. He has a rather dour, pinched look on his face.

The room he's taken you to has a glass roof, and you are surrounded by the heat and humidity of an enclosed garden, the scent of the various plants growing here mixing with the buzz of insects going about their pollination.

There are a trio of chairs near a small table to one side, he waves a hand for you to take one before sitting in one of the others himself. He fishes the orb out of his pocket and puts it on the table in front of him.

Looking at it, he gives a sigh before speaking. "I've come to the conclusion that I very much wish I'd been out of the office yesterday, and that you'd never brought that for me to look at."

He looks up at you with a furrowed brow.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:47 pm

"I am starting to think this is far more dangerous than I was led to believe. I've also just received a warning. I don't know what is happening exactly, but I don't believe I'm safe here... Or at least, not for long. What did you find?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:36 pm

"Good instincts.", Zottle says wryly. "I would recommend you name a reasonable price that he's happy to pay... ah... far be it from me to slander a customer, but I believe you have some inkling of his 'business practices' when thwarted?"

"Anyway... The device is old. Very, very old. Nominally, it's function seems to be to project what seems to be a map of the constellations, as I'm assuming you already know, as you said you knew how to activate it. I am not an expert on astronomical phenomena, but if we assume it was produced faithfully, a comparison to current positioning suggests that the stars have changed position fairly substantially since it was made... of course, it is possible that errors or inaccuracies were included, and the actual change is not as drastic, but given the otherwise ancient nature of the device, it is conceivable that the stars themselves, and not just the wanderers are not truly fixed in their position in the night sky."

He waves a hand and mutters something, and the glass of the ceiling goes opaque and black, plunging the garden into gloom and momentarily dampening insect activity.

He reaches out and presses, then twists and otherwise manipulates the orb, before placing it back down. The otherwise grey, stone-like surface shimmers and ripples before pin pricks of light shoot forth, projecting a map of constellations that you probably recognize at least a few of the more well known ones of.

"This side seems to correspond to our night, while this," he rotates the orb so that face is resting on the table, "would be what those on the other side of the world see at night."

"By itself, quite interesting, for one interested in the stars, but that's not all.", he reaches out and twists the orb in a series of concise movements, placing it down on the table again. The surface of the orb shimmers, becoming red and flickering, while a sullen, and wholly altered constellation hangs on the ceiling above.

"Tell me, I know you know at least some minor magics... what do you know of higher level conjuration magics dealing with the cosmos?"

((Give me an Arcana check, please!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler