The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:28 pm

((Where would Ulmwin and co be, timeline wise? Would they also be on track for the apparent meetup, or would they only arrive at the potential aftermath? Potentially after Randy blew up half the city? :P ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:42 pm

((They are still a bit ahead... if necessary, we may have to retcon in a temple shaking explosion...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Nem sits down again, and makes them wait just a little longer than necessary for her to adjust her skirts and the like.

"You put me in a difficult position with regards to my company's reputation. That, and we were set to be well paid for returning the device. Still, I think 4000 gold should cover things for us to "fail" in this particular mission, assuming you're willing to purchase our services instead?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:35 pm

"Four thou--", he sputters fussily before composing himself with a glare at Zottle, who gives a bit of a shrug in return.

Pembleton clears his throat and looks like he just smelled something unpleasant.
"I can offer you two thousand. In platinum and gems, if weight is a concern."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:13 am

Pembleton eyes her shrewdly, attempting to assess if her silence is a haggling tactic. He's not sure, so keeps quiet as well.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:28 pm

"Come now, you can do far better than that! Our current employer certainly can."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:15 pm

"Was that a counter offer on your employer's part? What exactly are you offering?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:54 am

"That's great! I'll take Zokk with me to see my apparent child. Couldn't stand being in the guild house anymore and they wouldn't allow me in the meeting. I did however get a message off to the man
best suited to investigate what we're leaving behind.

(sorry about the delay, I'm apparently bad at hitting the submit button :roll:))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:34 am

"Thirty five."

"Twenty five."

"Three thousand."

"Twenty seven, fifty."

"Twenty seven fifty."

"Excellent!", Pembleton beckons his aide over and whispers instructions to him. The fellow leaves with a glance at Tess as if warning her not to try anything.

Outside, the others see a fellow exit then guildhouse, the bench boys recognizing him as the one who arrived with the official looking type in the carriage. Reaching the end of the walk at the street, he heads up the street to the carriage, not glancing in your direction, Zokk must be doing a good impression of a normal tree.

He gets into the carriage, and after five minutes or so emerges, carrying a small wooden box. He returns the guild house, presents a token of some sort as before, and walks up to the door, which is answered by Jones.

Tess whiles away a few minutes in tense silence, Zottle eventually making some tea that Pendleton declines. His aide returns and hands him a wooden box.

"Ah, thank you Mister Gibbs."

'Gibbs' nods, and resumes his watchful stance.

Pembleton opens the box, and counts out 2,750 gold worth of platinum and gems, sliding it across the table to Tess.

"I'd say it's been a pleasure doing business with you... but I will take the item now?"

Zottle hands it to him and Pembleton hands it to Gibbs, who stashes it inside his coat. The two depart, Zottle laying a staying hand on Tess.

"Best to let them leave first. Here. Don't need to have taken your money on a deal where you don't end with the item you brought to me."

He hands back the down payment Tess had made on his services.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:51 pm

The boys outside see the man with the box exit along with his employer, who signals for the carriage. The two get in and depart, and in short order the street is fairly empty, the watchers wh may have been guards also having left.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:03 pm

Dornikal waits outside for Tess, curious of the final details of what happened and what they will be doing next.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:57 am

Gordon watches suspiciously as the human comes out of the door he had been trying to get into with ease. Eager to learn his secrets he follows the man.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:15 am

Randy sighs and goes after the wayward gnome. He takes the opportunity to scrutinize the two men.

((They've changed the security settings here. I can't access any of the dice rollers. If a roll is required, someone is going to have to do that for me. >:? ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:31 am

Gordon goes for the departing carriage, but is probably easily corralled by Randy.

((Badge, if you want to roll for it, go ahead!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:00 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:13 am

Randy grabs Gordon by the collar and lifts him slightly, his little feet feebly trying to run still.

Grab a gnome: 1D20 = [14] = 14

((Possibly the only opposed Athletics check Randy will ever win against Gordon.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:15 am

Gordon struggles feebly to escape and then just shrinks into himself in utter defeat, hanging their like a limp rag.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:35 am

Randy tucks Gordo under his arm, pats him gently on the head and walks back to the bench with him.
Once back to the bench, he sets him on it. "Do you think we need to put him on a special diet? He doesn't seem to be bouncing back from his hibernation very quickly."

(( Randy is going to have to start carrying a flask of rye whiskey with him...for strictly "medicinal" purposes. :P ))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:49 am

Gordon seemingly melts into the bench... Starting to feel exhaustion from a days worth of energy expenditure. He spends much of his energy holding onto the lance with an iron grip.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:00 pm

It's about noon... somewhat later for the other gnomes.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:09 pm

"Back to the inn?" he asks Ulmwin, "to wait for the others? Hopefully they are getting as much accomplished and we are."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:19 pm

(( *<<Tuneless whistling>>* :halofall: ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:05 pm

"Aye got no clue. What do ye got in mind? More beer and and meat? That's what meh ma always told meh a growing dwarf needed. He isn't gonna be growing much more aye think though."

Dornikal sighs and looks back to building as he wonders if Tess is in trouble.

"Maybe we should go and check on her?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:42 pm

"Hmmm. Maybe eggs, milk with a little mead, and rice or porridge with dry toast? And maybe some honey? I'm worried his stomach isn't used to regular food anymore. After all, it's been about 2,000 years and I'm sure the food he ate then was probably different."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:43 pm

Gordon looks blearily between the human and not gnome as they babble at each other.