The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:11 am

"It was quite obvious. Saying that, before I say more, I would like to know rather more about you and your associations. Cats and tattoos can only tell you so much after all!"

She gives him a broad grin. She's friendly, but wary.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 am

He considers you a moment.

"You may know the signs, but you wouldn't be the first non-relative to take a guard's coin. You reached out under the guise of good faith, but I'd caution you about getting too curious. If your intent is true, then all you need know for now is this. I am the doorman. I decide who I open it for, who I take a message from, and who I... turn away."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:33 pm

Insight: 1d20+2 = [14] = 16

"Fair. I just don't want to end up in jail myself either. ... Or worse."

If he seems honest, she shows him the dagger.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Dornikal mutters and throws his boot at Ulmwin and his loud snoring before trying to get some more rest.

Boot toward Ulmwin: 1d20+3 = [11] = 14

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:40 pm

When Randy finally stirs, he gets up and splashes some cold water in his face to finish waking up and clean up a bit. He then gets out his acolyte robes and dons those rather than his normal gear. He keeps the boot dagger, his unlit sword, and one other dagger, plus his purse. The rest of the gear he stows under lock and key with the innkeeper. He does get himself breakfast and a good strong cup of tea and waits for the others to come down.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:46 pm

Ulmwin wakes eventually as well. He likewise goes down, somehow feeling tired... Probably a bit sleep groggy. He greets Randy, and orders himself breakfast and some water, while talking with Randy in the calm of morning, making sure no one overhears.

"So, we got any concrete plan yet? If you've no use for me... I think I might try and return to the temple, offer my apologies. Hopefully I can make amends- Worst case scenario would be we remain where we left off, at least."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Randy nods. "We might go together after a bit. Let the Warden cool down a day or so. I'll pen a message introducing myself as a representative for the temple of Obad-Hai. That should at least get me a hearing from her. In the meantime, I've got a little shopping to do after getting some more info from our hostess about the missing apprentice. We also need to check back around noon. Tess went out sometime last night. I told her to check in by noon. If everything is okay, we can try locating the spot where they said the guards found her and do some snooping."
Last edited by Lurks_In_Shadows on Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:18 pm

((Ulmwin is prone, so make that boot attack at disadvantage. :P ))
((Will update more when I'm at a computer.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:36 pm

((PS I realise I just dumped a bunch of insight rolls into the mix- if you prefer to stick with the first roll (hard time reading the guy), that's fine - she'll just show the dagger but not give it to him))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:00 pm

((It's ok, if I feel like anyone is spamming checks, I'll say something. That being said, you're probably getting close to your quota. ;) ))

"Caution is well warranted."

His eyes fix on the dagger as Tess draws it out, and he extends his hand for her to place it in. After a brief inspection, he nods, his face a bit grim.

"It's genuine. I'd like to have the full details of how you came to find my cousin, and anything else you know."

((Randy, your room is lockable, does that suffice, or are you looking to have her place it somewhere else?))

Breakfast foods available consist of fried bread, eggs, and a sort of thick gravy with plenty of chunks of assorted meats in it. There is also porridge and honey, rashers of bacon, and indeed, a choice of between a few strong teas. Depending on how large a breakfast you're having, it'll run between 4-6 copper.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:21 pm

(( That will do. ))

Randy has the eggs, gravy, bread and a big mug of black tea with bergamot (( Earl Grey, hot! :chuckle: ))
When the server comes by with the food, Randy quizzes him/her about which room the apprentice used, gets as precise of directions as possible to the "murder " and then directions to the previously mentioned jewler and a tailor. " I don't want to wear out my robes, and travel clothes should be left for traveling."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:49 pm

((Let's have a Persuasion roll from Randy pumping the server for info.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:28 pm

Persuasion: 1d20+2 = [5] = 7
(( I guess Randy isn't his normal, charming self since he didn't sleep well. :lol: ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Maji places down a silver and grabs a few eggs, lots of gravy and bacon. He'll have one of the stonger teas, occasionally sipping it. After he is done he goes just outside of the inn, placing a small bone on the ground with a mussel shell covering to convey in druidic 'Body missing'. He puts another piece of bone near the mussel, with a piece of bark partially covering it to convey 'Might be dead or alive'. He has the bark partially cover it vertically, prefering a longer piece to convey it's a large animal or person.

(I got this idea from reddit, for how to make druidic languages seem more secretive and difficult to translate if you don't know the signs and mannerisms. I hope I am not overstepping my bounds...

Also the bones are from animal)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:12 pm

"I need food, where was the dead girl staying, where did she get murdered, and where can I go shopping?", Randy asks, and freaks out the server...

((I like it Burns, roll me a d100?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:29 pm

(( :o_O: :lol: Randy just devolved into Conan! ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:34 am

Boot throw at disadvantage:

1d20+3 = [2] = 5

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:52 am

Earlier, a boot sails past Ulmwin' snoring head to thump into the wall and land in his bed. He rolls over and spoons it... but stops snoring as he does.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:10 am

Nem nods and explains about the strange ancient temple and how they found the body. She won't mention the poetry book, but will tell him what they learned from his diary about his demise.

((I'm not sure who kept that, if we did at all, but if Nem has it and it's not her spellbook, she'll return it too))

"I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it was important to me that I pass it along."
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:15 am

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Coljin decides to get up when he hears the others stirring.

He will dress and take most of his stuff with him, although for the morning he wants to go shopping and he leaves his bedroll and crossbow in his room so he is carrying less and more comfortable. He does however take his remaining 'old gnome' item, as he is going to try to find a magic shop and see if it is tradable for something else he might want.

Down in the dining room he orders the porridge and honey and some sort of not-so-strong tea.

"I'll go shopping with you Randy."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:42 am

((If Dornikal would be awake by now he'd be down having breakfast and ready to go to a jewelers/clothes shop))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:22 am

The one legged fellow listens to Tess's story, and accepts the book and dagger from her.

"We thank you for bringing word. Have these plants that took his life been destroyed?"

"You've done us a small, but good favor. Here..."

He slips his fingers into his waistband and pulls out a copper piece that he flicks to you.

"A small favor in return. Should you have need of assistance, find one of the Family, and give them this, asking 'Do you accept foreign coinage?'. It is important that you remember to ask that... to forget to do so would be the same as asking me about a 'mermaid's tail' instead of a 'blue anchor'."

He rolls up his sleeve to expose a tattoo of mermaid on his other arm with an easy but dangerous grin.

((I'm pausing on the folks that are rousing late, as you'd be a few hours ahead of Tess.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:55 am

Randy sighs and finishes his meal. He's still tired and jet lagged out. He then debates trying again to get information from the server.
(( persuasuon: 1d20+2 = [3] = 5 )) He loses his own argument with himself. "I'm not sure how much help I'm going to be today." he mumbles, his native accent coming through (which sounds a bit Austrian :P ).

((Pretty sure Mort's dice roller hates me. ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:27 am

Nem grins and disappears the coin into her clothes.

"I won't forget, thank you. I had best be getting back, but before I do- you wouldn't happen to know anything about a female mage who was killed a few days ((weeks?)) ago would you? Seems she found herself some trouble in town and we've been asked to look into it."

Nem makes a minor illusion of the woman in her palm to show what she looked like.