The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:59 am

"Yeah, I think so... you fellas going in the sack will need to make sure that you're carrying minimal gear so as not to overload it..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:39 am

"Can i still wear my armor and one weapon?" ask Coljin? He'd also have needed spell components.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:56 am

"Some, but you three should probably figure out what you're bringing in with you."
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:17 am

"Alright, let me just empty my packs... Spare weapon, check. Rope, gotta bring that. Grappling hook, could be useful. Never know when you need five plates of fine china..."

Needless to say, after some theatrics, Ulmwin likely shouldn't have issues. He traveled light, after all- Who'd have thought this simple excursion could feel like so long..?

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:41 am

Coljin will only take armor, magic and spell stuff. Deciding he will use cantrips and spells rather than weapons if it gets to that.
OK, ready to go.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm

Randy shrugs and nods affirmative. He takes out the rapier and after a brief pause, takes out the potion of sharpness and applies it to the blade.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:07 am

Dornikal will go in with only his shield, the new sword, a warhammer, two javelins and a healing potion (and some clothes).

((That'd be 6+2+2+4+2=16. Not sure how much the other trinkets he is wearing weigh but he'll keep his emerald on him along with a few of worked gems.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:36 am

((We ready or are we waiting for someone?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:50 am

((I think you're all set, Kreldoran is following your lead, and will cast Telepathic Bond again prior to things popping off.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:29 am

(( Is it night or day at this point? ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:21 am

((Mid-late morning, Kreldoran arrived at dawn, your time.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:22 am

Randy looks at the bright daylight outside, frowns, and sticks his new mask in his pocket. "Wouldn't do to be recognized burgling the house. Hope they won't see us at all, but …"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:49 am

Dornikal shrugs,

"Ain't planning on sticking 'round. Whenever yer ready Elder we can start walking in that direction and climb in when we get close."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:03 pm

"I'd like to do things as soon as possible... Longer we wait, greater the chance they do something with it. But breaking in at broad daylight might be far too risky just as well. Darkness would help us, yeah..?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 pm

"It might, but they might be expecting us to wait for night..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:59 am

"Surprise is going to mean more than the cover of darkness. They probably pull the guards in at night, too. More people to trip over and no idea of patrol patterns or guard posts indoors. If we go in the day, there'll just be the housekeeper, Pembleton, and Mr. Gibbs it sounds like. The housekeeper is probably just an employee. Pembleton doesn't do his own fighting, but never underestimate a desperate man. Mr. Gibbs.... Now he'd be trouble. He's either a fighter or an assassin, not your average street bravo. He moves and acts like a professional. I don't know if I could take him if we got into it. So we won't be fair. If we have to fight him, I want him contained to a small room if possible and a spell of silence laid on the room. We don't need his cronies getting mixed in. We take him as a team, you two flanking him while I keep him occupied to his front. Don't get careless. He might be capable of fighting all of us at once."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:10 pm

"I suppose those are fair points... And since we got a way to teleport in I suppose we don't need to worry too much about being seen entering. Then when we're done, we just have to meet in the alley right behind. Alright... That could work. So... We meet anyone, we go straight for the knockout, yeah? Before they can sound an alarm, ideally?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:51 pm

"Ah, that reminds me... Randerwaith, you said that I ought to bring some luck with me... while I don't dabble in superstition, I do work to divine portents and probabilities. I have a few items that may help, though I'll leave it to you to decide how to distribute them."

He pulls out a small wooden box and opens it to reveal four beads, explaining what they do.
► Show Spoiler
"So you swallow them beforehand, and the effects last until the potential possibility occurs, or until the next morning."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:26 pm

Randy looks thoughtful a minute. "I'll take red. If we have to take on Gibbs, maybe we'll get lucky and be able to put him down quick."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:27 pm

"...Green, maybe?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:21 pm

"Aye'd like the grey, thank ye Elder. Also Randy, aye think aye should be the one facing this Gibbs if it comes down to such an option. Aye can take a hit better while ye slice him down."

Dornikal is ready whenever at this point.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:39 pm

"If we can get to this Pembleton fellow... do you know of anyone in local law enforcement that isn't already under his thumb? I might be able to convince him to go spill his sins to someone who can bring him down."

((It'll be easiest to bail fast if Tess and Holger are waiting nearby with any belongings that you guys aren't carrying on you, once you're in position there and ready to make your approach, he can cast telepathic bond again before everyone crawls into the bag and gets bamphed into the manor.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:45 pm

Randy nods. "Lieutenant Anders. He's no fan of Pembleton and has gone out of his way to help us on the QT. I've told him that he ought to consider getting out of town before he gets killed, but he's stubborn."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:30 am

Coljin, asks, "Can a person take two of the pills and still have them work properly? If so, Someone else should use the last one, if it is only one per person, then I'll take the grey one."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:46 am

"Hmmm... side effects would be delayed, and manageable. One could even take all four and not be too bad off."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler