The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:54 am

Randy thanks Coljin for the lantern, more than pleased to be able to stop filling the thing. When Maj and Ulwin aren't working with Renny, he kidnaps him so that he and Tess can cobble together a dessert nomad style outfit, complete with a face cover that covers everything below his eyes when hooked in place.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:13 pm

"Well... Long as we stay away from the south, then, I suppose things may be fine..." Ulmwin says, if a bit begrudgingly... Not like he's gonna start walking back west on his lonesome though.

Ulmwin will, for his part, at least try and keep to the promise of trying to "rehabilitate" Renny... Which mostly consists out of trying to get him understand basic body language and such, and having him cook with basic ingredients- He'll occasionally still cheat and have Randy translate a couple things for him... The most important thing likely being to see what the orc really wants to take with him, given how there probably won't be enough space on the cart for all his supplies.

He'll also need some private time to practice his music, for what it's worth... And to train his vocal chords- That was going to be... Fun, later.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Lol, just throw a sheet on him, it'll be fine :)

"Coljin, you said you have spell that could make someone able to hear and speak again. Do you think it would work on Renny? It was Randy's idea really, and I don't know if it's a good one... But it might be worth trying? At least it might make it easier to work out what to do with him."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 pm

(( :chuckle: If he looks like a nomad, he has an excuse not to show his face. We could pretend he's from one of those tribes which don't show their face to anyone who isn't a tribe member. ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:33 pm

((Just checked, Coljin has the shovel. Guessing he is willing to lend it/use it? Also got the pick to loosen up the ground if needed.))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Yep, Dorn can certainly use the shovel and Coljin will help. And he will try casting Lesser restoration on the orc if you all think it will help. He still is not on the bandwagon with the rest thinking the orc has magically turned into a decent being, but he won't withhold help.
When he has a day when he hasn't used a second level spell, he will cast continual flame for Maji.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:49 pm

(We can always hope that with his mind restored, he will attack us, and we can put him down.)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm

"Coljin, aye see ye have a shovel. Ye mind if aye borrow it once the sun goes down? Aye have some digging to do."
Dornikal will wait until the sun has set and it is getting cooler before digging holes for the deceased prisoners a few dozen yards south and east of the entrance. He will try to get the holes reasonably deep and will accept help from the other slaves and Coljin. If needed he will use the warpick to loosen the soil.

Once ready Dornikal will return to the cave ask ask Holger,

"Do ye think ye could magic clean the bodies? Aye know it doesn't matter now but aye think they'd appreciate it."

If he does agree he will wait until it has been done before taking the bodies to their graves, otherwise he will just take them. Once they are all placed to rest he will turn to see if Szartha, Tren or Galt has anything to say over them before himself whispering over each grave,

"Aye will meet ye on the other side, Dumathoin's peace be upon ye."

He turns back to his comrades and his rescuers that attended once he finishes and yells loudly,

"Now let's have a drink to honor theses four and all the others!"

He will lead everyone back to the cave and find the Amber liqueur and take a swig before passing it to Tren saying with a big, if somewhat forced smile and tears in his eyes,

"To Ren's chatty nature! To Benji's bad attitude! To Talish's openness to strangers! To Jhon's general sporking attitude! To all those that started won't see the end!"

((After this Dornikal will spend however much time he needs eating, drinking and sleeping to recover. He will carve headstone markers from the scrap wood as well.

Any rolls needed?

Sorry for the wall of text, Dornikal needs to give them their due, as do I.))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 pm

Randy will have changed to his formal robes for the occasion. He'll join in on the toast. "To the honored dead!"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Ulmwin will also try talking common to Renny, because we might have just been dumb about that. :roll:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Dornikal wrote:"Aye, the Lady of Estmont must have been gone at least a year an a half. Aye'd imagine he'd find someone in Estmont that could fix yer curse without having to go to Torfelna."

"Jhon's brother lives in Rayfell right? Do ye know his name?"
"A real, actual curse? Torfelna's a certain bet, but should be someone in Estmont that can do it.", Szartha offers.

"His name's Khurt, I think. Met him once. They don't live in Rayfall proper, but a small town just south.", Galt replies.

((Tess, give me an Investigation check, Coljin is freely granting guidance.))

Dornikal wrote:"Aye suspect a number of caravan's needed to dump things to make it here. We had to and aye think we were pretty well prepared coming in. Orcs seem to have been going out and getting anything dropped though."
Tren nods, "We didn't see any signs of abandoned wagons on our way in, and I know we weren't the first. They must have been clearing them... might even be that they've sent some wagons back to wherever they came from already."

Coljin wrote:During that time we can efficiently sort through items and figure out the must important items to take with us that will fit on the wagons.
((There is more than the wagons will fit. Hence why some things have been left piled up to the side or left behind elsewhere in the mine.))
While waiting out the time in the mine, Coljin will search for some small polished stones and some paint or stains that he can take some time and make the divining tool he will need to cast augury.
You recall Randy mentioning finding a small sack of engraved and carved bones when gathering up some blankets. Inspecting them, you realize that the orc shaman must have used these as components in her own augury castings.

((Lurks, I'm putting words in Randy's mouth, you aren't forgetting things. :D ))

He turns to Szatha, a lot more talkative than normal (which to be fair is not saying much considering it's Maji). and grins at the other dragonborn. "Glad...muzzle...off. Have....herbs...to...make...potions? Will...pay."

"Me too, scalebrother! I'm afraid I don't know what is still around. You're welcome to have a look and see if there is anything you can use. Most of the herbs and spices I was carrying were more of the culinary sort, though there were some rare bits that aren't found much outside the Krelpo area."

((You can make another Investigation check.))

Coljin casts continual flame on a few items and the party has circumvented the lamp oil and torch industry for the time being.

((I believe the good bard has proficiency with tinker's tools, so could help with making of some sort of large robe for 'Renny'. I'll say in time you guys can make a serviceable garment over the coming days, to where the orc cook is not so obviously an orc.))

keeping an eye on Remy as and when required. She'd like to know how well he and Ily get on.
((He'd get startled if you did any disappear/reappear with Ily, but otherwise doesn't immediately try to put your familiar in a cook pot or anything. How would you like Ily to approach him?))
Otherwise, she'll try and find some time to chat to Stharza about her next family reunion.
"It's always good to catch up with family, even ones you've not seen in a while. I had some distant cousins out west I was going to visit, but I've been trying to make a go of it on my own."

Ulmwin works to wean the orc cook he calls Renny away from cooking with horse, and more towards cooking with those preserved goods that are a bit more identifiable. ((The dried meat found on the orcs is anyone's guess.)) He doesn't seem to respond to Common.

((Let's have a pair of rolls, Persuasion and Performance.))

The ground outside is sandy, and easy enough to dig. ((If Maji is feeling helpful, it would go REALLY easy.))

((The latrine is them making use of a natural fissure in the rock.))

Graves are dug, bodies are interred, and moving speeches are made. The other three survivors of Szartha's caravan join you in toasting their fallen comrades.

((Let me know if I missed anything immediate, and I'll roll things forward a few day so you at least aren't exhausted and resolve any rolls from here. You can have Coljin's offered guidance if you would have sought him out and listened to a prayer beforehand.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Nem's investigation is about as good as expected:
Investigation: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10
Guidance: 1D4 = [2] = 2

Ily will probably approach the orc with curiosity, probably at some point while he's being fitted for his new outfit. He's not looking to be annoying, just adorable and playful. If the orc gets angry or upset by him for whatever reason, he'll leave it alone.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:48 pm

((Noted.))

Ily darts about, the big orc turning to watch the ferret. As he turns, he yanks the fabric from Randy's hands, soon swaddling himself silly. "Hurm, hurm!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Maji grins and nods at Szartha, . He gives Coljin a gentle poke on the shoulder, points to him. He puts a hand above his eyes, looming like he is looking for something, and pulls out an herb from his kit.

Invest: 1D20-1 = [5]-1 = 4

(I wanted to see if emojis work on the forum and try to communicate that way with Maji but it doesn't seem to work. :lol: probably for the best. )

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:17 pm

(( I believe that Coljin did offer to try Lesser Restoration on Renny. Randy would recommend starting with speech and then trying for hearing. ))

Randy shakes his head with a slight smile. "Ily, d'ye mind? We're trying to work here." He sets about untangling Renny.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

((How would you like going about that?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:27 pm

(( Which? Untangling Renny or trying lesser restoration? :) ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:31 pm

((The lesser restoration. You manage to get both him and Ily to stand still long enough to get him untangled.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Ily does not mind at all.

He spirals up Randy's leg to his shoulder where he ferrets around, squeaking cheerfully and being generally adorable after almost a day and a half of not-really-existing. He is trying very hard to get the orc or ranger to play.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 pm

The orc extends a big finger towards Ily, booping him on the nose. "Hurm, hurm!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Randy gives the ferret a good scratching under the chin and behind the ears. After he gets Renny loose, he pauses, looking thoughtful. "Let's go find Coljin, Ily. I have an idea I want to talk to him about." He sets off to find him.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Ily is quite delighted with all the attention and chirps back twice at the big orc before squirming up Randy to sit on top of his head like a little ferret-king while they go and find Coljin.

Nem will hang out in the kitchen (or wherever they're doing the tailoring) reading her book while she waits for them all to come back. I imagine by this point, she's managed to find a way to make herself a very comfortable sitting area somewhere out of various sacks, blankets, boxes and whatever other junk and such is lying around. She's got pretty good at making comfy places out of less-than-comfortable surroundings.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:48 am

Once he is feeling better, surprisingly healthier and more dexterous than when he came into the mine, he starts checking the discard piles for his vestments and looking for the unpolished gemstones.

Looking for his stuff: 1D20 = [9] = 9

Looking for his stuff guidance: 1D4 = [1] = 1

((So absolutely average if investigation, 14 if perception to see the gemstones.))

As he searches he holds his emerald, rubbing athumb over it slowly, absently.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:40 am

When Randy finds Coljin, he'll pause long enough to take Ily off of his head, cradle him on his back in his left arm and start doing tummy tickles (it's hard to have a serious conversation if you're wearing a ferret as a hat).
"Coljin, did I understand aright that you could do the Lesser Restoration spell? Could I convince you to attempt that on Renny? If he could speak normally or hear, we might potentially get some additional information about what happened to the other caravan wagons and supplies. I'd like to know if we should expect the orcs to move back into this area after we leave or not. Not to mention it'll make Ulmwin's job a bit easier...."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:06 am

Coljin listens to Randy and nods, "Yes, I can try that, although I'm unsure whether it will work or not on his injuries or problem. It might take stronger magic than I can wield to fix his issues. I also worry a bit that if do manage to give him all his sensibilities back, he may become a violent orc again. I have a way to ask my goddess, that will make my decision."

He will cast augury with his newfound bones and ask, "Should I cast Lessor Restoration on this orc?" and he will decide if he casts on the answer he gets.