The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:39 am

Dornikal hasn't heard of Eravin Tarfellion and goes over to Szartha and says quietly,

"Ye ever heard of this fella?"

Int: Does Dornikal know this guy?: 1D20 = [5] = 5

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:48 am

Dornikal doesn't recognize the name. Szartha whispers to indicate that he's not familiar with the man either.

One of the horses stamps a hoof as the guard shifts in his saddle, and Eravin's smile freezes on his face, but he keeps looking at the party by the wagons.

"I hope it's your friend out there, otherwise we have company."

((Zephyr, give me an insight check.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:00 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:03 am

Dornikal gives a nod to Szartha,

"Lemmeh see what they are about..."

And moves a bit to the side and squints over at Tess and responds to Eravin,

"If ye mean over there?" He waves at Tess, "Aye, she's with us. Where are yer wares, sir Eravin? Ye got some wagons coming behind ye? We don't want trouble but we'd gladly trade information of the road for news of the road back east."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am

"All to the good then.", Eravin's smile thaws as he turns to look in Tess's direction for the first time, where she is silhouetted against the night sky.

"My wagons are holding back for my signal." Planning fingers to his lips, he gives a piercing whistle, and the creak of wagons resume, soon coming into view along with gathered outriders and guards.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:27 am

"What word of the road? Aye can say we saw some trouble last stop. Just before dawn we were attacked by some sort of jackal men."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:37 am

Randy grimaces. " A pack of werejackals. Magic and silver works. Maybe fire. Regular swords and arrows, not so much. If you get within 30 feet, they can put you to sleep with some kind of mind trick. Nasty bunch. They were wearing sand colored clothing to blend in with the ground. You could practically walk on them and not see them."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:38 am

Nem waves back, largely amused by the guy. ((Would she have heard of him from her performing background?))

She messages Holger:
"Holy spoons! His ego might be as inflated as yours!"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:50 am

To Maji way back.

"Yes you acted rashly, had you looked for a moment you would have seen they attacked me and I clearly didn't control them. I'm willing to look past your attempt to attack me, but you should know that you can't solve problems with violence when we get to the city. "

Now at the caravan

Holger will theatrically swing down from his cart and go on to greet the mysterious stranger as well.

"Greetings Eravin, it's my pleasure to meet a fellow collegue of the entertaining arts. I'm Holger Starwind and in addition to entertaining the crowds I've been called every fathers nightmare, wielder of the arcane and vanquisher of monsters."

As he mentions monsters, he'll swirl his hand around to create a small whirvelwind that creates a miniature vrock from bottom to top. He'll close his hand in a fist causing it to burst in flames and vanish.

When talk goes on the jackalweres he'll show an exact copy of them followed by the transformation to their true form with the clothes blowing off the jackal body.

He also tries to remember if he has heard of him before. Can't roll though and a bit late at the introduction due to work.. :p

To Tess: not possible!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:59 am

Dornikal will step back a bit while the explanations are happening and take a count of the wagons and the crew. He will note the number of guards and how they are armed and acting as he counts.

Perception: Taking a count: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:27 pm

"Jackalweres? That's a new one. We appreciate the warning. In the spirit of sharing, I hope you're well supplied on water, the well you're headed to is off, some fool must have been over eager and toppled in. Our bucket brought up a finger...", he gives a shudder as his smile slips.

As Holger saunters forward and casts silent image a couple times, Eravin claps his hands in appreciation.
"I'm glad you're heading east while I'm heading west, friend Holger. I fear the crowds at the taverns would find my efforts lacking if I had to follow you!", he bemoans with what might be mock humility. True humility doesn't seem to be something he is familiar with.

((Holger's not heard of him either. _: 1D20 = [7] = 7
))

((Tess can have a roll to see if she has, though she certainly knows his type.))

Dornikal counts four wagons, each with a driver and someone riding crossbow. There are a half dozen outriders including the two flanking Eravin. They all seem to know their business and be attending to it as such. You'd wager that everyone of them would have passed Hagorth's interview.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:41 pm

"We're aware of the water situation. The orcs that did it are....no longer a problem. We've been cleaning the wells as we go. The wells from here on SHOULD be okay. We think that the well you stopped at should be the last one the orcs contaminated."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Maji perks up slightly when he sees the wagons. He writes down Ask what they sell. and shows it to Randy.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:47 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:51 pm

"ORCS did that?!"

He took the jackaweres and Holger's display in stride, but his confident calm seems a bit shook.

"I'm... I'm glad that you've... handled things. One bad well seemed ill luck, but you say orcs were the cause?"

Tess thinks she's heard the name Eravin before, but doesn't remember much in the way of details.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Dornikal looks to Szartha for indication that he should explain what happened to their caravan.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Intelligence: 1D20 = [5] = 5

Ulmwin's also never heard of the guy, even though his pompous attitude seems to suggest he should be renowned.

"Yeah, twasn't exactly a pleasant sight... But like Randy says, we figured out a way to clean the wells... For the most part. The water here should be safe to drink, soon- How you've been faring yourself, with no proper access to the well..?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Randy gives a nod. "They poisoned 3 wells in a row to make sure caravans would stop at the 4th, where they would ambush them. The lack of water meant they were weaker and unable to fight effectively. They weren't looking for us to be coming the other way however. It was a bit of scrap (and the less said about that the better ) but we took care of them." He looks at Maj's chalk board. "My colleague here wants to know what you're selling. He's been looking for some ingredients for spell work and wonders if you might have any?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:47 pm

"If we're talking potential business, getting some silvered stuff might not be bad, assuming it's available... I've also been looking for a hand crossbow..?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:30 pm

Too late to use tide of chaos? o:)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Randy tries to think if he's ever heard his friend Buckleburry mention Eravin Tarfellion.

intelligence: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7

Randy draws a blank. Clearly the gent is either new or in serious need of an ego deflating. Well, he thinks, that's a job for someone else. Life is likely to hand him an opportunity for "development" before long. Granted he seems to have some good men under his command. They might be enough to let him survive the lesson when it happens.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 pm

While she focuses on the conversations below, Nem sends Ily maybe 20-30 feet further away from the wagons to listen for other approaching sounds on the road, or out in the desert.

Ily Perception (Listening): 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [13, 10]+3 = 16

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 pm

"Our supplies were enough to skip the last well, friend gnome, but with nearly a week of travel, we surely would have run short by the time we reached the edge of the desert! Many thanks for cleaning the wells, however you've been managing it."

Szartha nods grimly at Randy's account of what befell his caravan and many others.

"Some spell work ingredients, silvered stuff and a hand crossbow? I don't want to dally long, we're already hard pressed to reach the next camp before the morning is too far along, so if you have specific ingredients your looking for, I can let you know if I've got it. As far as silvered stuff, those among us with such weapons had best be holding onto them if there are jackalwere's about. I do have a hand cross bow I'd be willing to sell, however."

Ily hears desert nighttime sounds. Scuttling insects and the like, but nothing to suggest a return of jackals, or anyone sneaking about.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:27 pm

((If Holger still intends to give that Witch Bolt scroll to Nem, he'd probably know she's run out of inks to copy it into her book with... :P ))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:36 pm

(( Would Randy be aware of Tess's need for ink? I don't know if she's ever talked about it the need where he would hear it. ))