The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Randy chuckles and salutes him again with his stick, which he then tosses back into the pile. "You as well, Sir Dwarf! We'll have to practice together again."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:08 pm

"Aye'm to have another go at ye tomorrow, if we don't manage to get moving before then!"

((No idea how long we are going to chill here now but might as well train up!))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 pm

(( I figure that'll give Spider a mechanism for Dornikal and Randy to level up without divine intervention :P ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:36 pm

And now you know IC about Ily's Help mechanic :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:59 pm

After playing with Ily he still holds onto the little ferret, petting it. He doesn't seem to mind as it scurries around on his shoulder or head. Maji gives a sigh, deciding it's better to get this over with. He introduces himself to the ex-slaves. He goes to each one of them and gently taps thier shoulder to get thier attention. (Except Szartha because he already introduced himself) He points to himself "Maji"

He goes up to Dornikal last. He gives the dwarf a nod and beats his fist to his chest as a sign of reapect. He pulls out his tablet and writes in dwarven.
► Show Spoiler
He points to himself "Maji." he then writes: was bear

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Ily solomnly sits on Maji's head.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:46 pm

Randy goes and cleans up using a minimum of water to do so. After noticing that Holger was a little testy cleaning up the sheets, he decides it's better not to bother him. He'll check up on Renny before finding a quiet spot to settle down to meditate for a while. He gets a sudden thought and goes chases down Coljin with a couple of questions.
"Do you have enough material to do that light spell again? If you do, could you cast it on sword and have it stick through a fight?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:53 am

Dornikal looks up to Maji to respond,

"Pleasure meeting ye, aye'd put together that ye were the bear. Thanks for the ride even if aye didn't manage to do more an' fall off yer back."

He seems to consider for a moment before continuing,

"What do ye have for faith Maji?"

((This is also in Dwarven but the spoilers seem over the top.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:16 am

Maji looks at him, obviously thinking. He eventually writes on his board, I belive in various things, but don't follow a particilar god. I revere Garyx, god of cleansing and renewal.

He waits for Dornikal to read what he wrote before he erases it and carefully writes down what he is going to say next. I know it's hard for you, and you should not been forced. But I believe that eatting those you care about lets them live on in you. And that we can get strenth from our enemies in a similar way.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:56 am

► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:29 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:46 pm Randy goes and cleans up using a minimum of water to do so. After noticing that Holger was a little testy cleaning up the sheets, he decides it's better not to bother him. He'll check up on Renny before finding a quiet spot to settle down to meditate for a while. He gets a sudden thought and goes chases down Coljin with a couple of questions.
"Do you have enough material to do that light spell again? If you do, could you cast it on sword and have it stick through a fight?"

"Yes, i can cast the continual flame spell one more time before all the ruby dust is used up.
It can certainly go on a sword. " He will do the spell for Randy if he wants it done.

He will also cast the spell on Renny today and see how it goes.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:58 am

What's Dornikal know about Garyx? Apparently everything,

Garyx?: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22

Dornikal nods as he reads,

"Yer right it isn't meh way. Dumathoin doesn't offer renewal or rebirth. Any continuation will be in death and in his halls after. Death is merely a step in the path of exploration provided for us. Meh friends will live on in the next realm and in here," he taps a fist on his chest.

"Aye don't need to eat them to carry'm with meh. Their flesh is just a reminder of them, and aye'd just as well treat that with the same respect aye treated them with in life."

His eyes go briefly distant,

"Meh enemies, and the enemies of Dumathoin, will face Dumathoin in death."

He refocuses on Maji,

"Let meh know if ye would like to know more about Dumathoin. There is always a place in his halls!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:55 am

Maji gives Dornikal a nod.

What Maji knows about Dumathoin. religion: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16

He writes, Judgement of dead and mining, right? Also one of main dwarf gods? Chronepsis seems to be dragon equivalent.
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Randy takes his newly flaming sword from Coljin with a grin. "Now I don't have to chose to carry a weapon or that lantern. Thank you!" He positions both sword sheaths where he can easily draw them both with his right hand, the lit sword on the bottom and the dark sword above. He chuckles. "Now I've got a day blade and a night blade!"
He'll go with Coljin to monitor the effects of the lesser restoration.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:51 pm

NotStickFigures wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:29 am He will also cast the spell on Renny today and see how it goes.
((What specifically are you trying to do with it?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:22 am

"Aye he judges the dead, but he guides and protects them as well. He's a patron miners, jeweler's and gemworkers but he also is a god of exploration and discovery. Aye would say Dumathoin is the main dwarf god but aye'm a bit biased."

He gives a wry grin.

"He doesn't care what race ye are and welcomes all true believers."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:16 am

Coljin attempts to fix the deafness afflicting Renny

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:39 am

That sounds good. I prefer the dragon gods. Feels closer to family never knew.

Maji gives him a grin, and writes. That's why dwarves are good people.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 am

Nem is slightly disappointed that Dornikal is so keen on proselytizing, and will continue to avoid talking about religion and gods and such. She's not rude about it, but she's also not interested in talking about it.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:21 pm

To Maji,

"Chronepsis, from what aye know of 'im, is more hands off than Dumathoin. Though they both share the realm of death, they don't have any other overlap. Aye've never seen anything written negative about Chronepsis in Dumathoin's sacred texts, though they are written largely by interpreting his divine meanings."

Dornikal looks in the direction of Szartha and responds to Maji's second comment and turns back to him after the first sentence of his reply,

"Aye've always have good relations with yer race, and aye can respect yer choice to stay with the pantheon ye feel most comfortable. Aye would only ask ye come to meh if ye'd like to learn more about Dumathoin. The path is always open to ye and aye'd respectfully suggest that perhaps Garyx isn't yer best choice for a welcoming greeting in the next life."

Dornikal gives Maji a respectful nod before doing...something? Maybe going in the cave and looking for some silver veins the orcs maybe missed.

Looking for silver: 1D20 = [11] = 11

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:45 am

((A couple things I wanted to handle before we get leveled.))

Zephyr and Holger head out to the well, intent on destroying the second skeleton box.

((How are you going about this? Spells from a distance, up close and smash? Bringing anyone else besides Zephyr as a witness?))

Coljin places his hand on the orc's arm and casts Lesser Restoration, attempting to return hearing to the orc.

"Hurm?", his head whips around in confusion. "HURM!?" He appears startled by both of his own utterances.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:53 am

((aw yay!! He can hear again!

... This can only go well :) ))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 am

(( Pretty busy this morning, Going to be a while before I can properly post. ))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:02 am

"Well, Randy, seems it did work. Please explain to him if you can before he gets all confused and upset."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:13 am

I intended to just shoot it with fire bolts and eldritch blasts till it broke apart. With a bit of distance in case it should activate again.

Not really interested in witnesses
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread