Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:29 pm

As Zephyr repacks her bag for what seems like the 20th time, she grabs a hold of the large chunk of what had once been Roxy, the memories of that beast of a woman of rock coming back to her mind in a rush. Having a sudden burst of inspiration, she tracks Dornikal down and holds the large chunk out to him "Could you make a large stone that could be threaded through a piece of leather to make a necklace out of this for me...it needs to be in a shape that says power...thanks." She says all of this..quite shyly to the Dorf, who she's warmed up to significantly...he sure isn't like any of the Dorfs she'd ever met before.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 pm

As we move forward with the time-hop, Nem will spend the evenings merrily sharing stories, singing songs and generally going back to being her usual, exuberant self now that things are settling down a bit.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:42 pm

To Coljin: "Pick any morning. I want to be able to watch him over the day for any changes."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Dornikal will take the hunk of rock from Zephyr with a smile and scratches the stubble on his cheek. He gives her a critical once over while saying,

"Aye, aye can do that. Power ye say? Depending on the brittleness aye can see if it will shape into a closed fist around the band or hanging down from it? If it's hanging downwards it could be holding something... Either way aye something rough would be appropriate. No smooth lines, but a clear image."

He pauses before continuing,

"Unless yer thinking more literal. Then aye can probably carve the Dwarven or Giant rune for strength?"

((Spider, what kind of rolls am I looking at here?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Since it's about time skip time, Maji will meditate on the yew twig. He's hoping to be closer than he was before to the tree. He concentrates on the twig, lost to the world as he focuses on it.
Nature: 1D20-1 = [13]-1 = 12
If guidance: 1D4 = [4] = 4
16 if guidanced.

After his vision, he goes out of the cave. Wanting to get power from his enemies,he goes over to the orc chief. He takes off any remainer clothes on his chest and carefully carves out the orc's heart. He goes to the other fallen orcs outside and do the same. He bundles them up in cloth and takes it to the kitchen. He cleans it up and cuts it before frying it, and eatting the whole thing.

Next few days he purify food/water on them before trying to prepare them and eatting them.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 pm

"Let's do it tomorrow morning then, Randy. If you need anything after the spell, let me know, I'll help however I can." After pausing in thought a bit, he continues, "I asked my goddess about whether the spell with be a good or bad thing in the long run, and it came up without an answer. That could mean two things as far as I'm concerned. Either the outcome is too variable for me to get an answer from this low level of a spell, depending on how we do other things, it could turn out good or bad. Or....it could mean that casting the spell affects nothing at all." He shrugs and frowns, "Not the greatest of hopes, I know."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Zephyr nods in agreement to his suggestions. "yes, yes... A closed fist of a golem..that would be perfect. "

(like a closed fist with the hole through what would be the wrist")

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Randy nods. (Not the most dignified thing with a ferret parked on his head). "Well, we can but try. If it works, maybe some good will come of it and we can try for hearing on another day. If it doesn't, we'll know that it would take some major magic to fix his problems. And that if we fix his problems that way, we'll be dealing with a fully restored orc. Probably not the best outcome in that case."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:32 am

((Wrong forum))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:00 am

((... If he's deaf, shouldn't we restore his hearing first, then his speech?))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:28 am

(( He can lip read, so hearing isn't necessarily going to be the biggest problem. Right now we have no real communication except playing charades. So.... speech, then hopefully hearing shortly after.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:32 am

((I think I'm overthinking this. Let's see what happens :) ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:40 am

To Zephyr,

"Aye need to get a bit of a feel for the stone," he holds up the crystal to the light to check clarity and for obvious cracks, "but it shouldn't take too long to carve and shape. Guessing you'd be okay losing a few pounds off it too?"

"Anything aye should know about this crystal before aye start?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:09 am

Zephyr nods solemnly, "It was a piece of a Golem that aided us in battle. She was doomed to die from her birth, but she saved my life, and if over the course of my walk through this life, I ever have the power to raise her back into being, I would like to. For now, I want to remember her for who she was, a being of enormous power."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 am

Rodgeir wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:40 am he holds up the crystal to the light to check clarity and for obvious cracks
((It's a chunk of sandstone like rock, so clarity is very low. There are a few small fissures, but you should be able to work around them. It's not quite your thing, but you should be able to make a reasonable attempt.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:23 am

(And there's enough of a chunk (25 lbs) that should you make a mistake, there's probably enough to try again with. :lol: Though I thought it was quartz )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:25 am

((I don't recall... if you find where I said it's quartz, it is.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:30 am

((It was a grey crystal embedded in the stone, but it was 5lb, not 25lb:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1616&p=252783&hilit=roxy#p252783 ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:32 am

((So it was. You've found that then. It's still not high on clarity, but it'll be more gem work than stonework.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 am

((Which is more up Dornikal's alley anyhow. A 5 lb chunk of crystal is plenty to work with... probably.))

During the next few days as everyone is preparing to leave Dornikal considers the design of the pendant. He has a general shape but can't quite form it in his mind. He goes and gets an extra blessing hoping for a bit of inspiration. It manages to clear it up enough he can begin. Once started the work goes quickly and smoothly and he is pleased with the result.

Golem fist pendant dext and int+blessing: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21
1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D4 = [3] = 3

When the work is finished Dornikal whispers a prayer of thanks to Dumathoin before finding some of the damaged hide armor and cutting a length of leather to use use as the neckband.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am

Holger will do his maid duties and clean the dead slaves and other stuff, grumbling a bit when Randy wants it with the orcish bed sheets. He'll ignore everything about Renny and his rehabilitation program, not believing there is any future for him or proper fame to gain.

After the cleaning, he'll remember the box they left when fighting started and go back out to where they left it and start casting fire bolt and eldritch blast at it till it breaks. Nice and cathartic to destroy the box that turned almost everyone against him in the matter of seconds.

During the evenings at the mine, he'll go up top to where the vrock died and look over the desert and at the stars while occasionally playing his lyre
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:34 am

Zephyr will make an effort to spend time with Holger not only because the others are hating on him, but also to get to know him better. Having developed some kind of friendly affection for him.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:40 am

Nem will read her book in the starlight during the evenings while Holger plays his lute then. That seems nice :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Dornikal will present the crystal golem fist pendant to Zephyr,

"It ain't meh finest work but it did turn out pretty well, Dumathoin guided meh hand."

He will get a read on if she is pleased with it before continuing,

"Aye'd like to thank ye again for yer help freeing us and standing beside meh and Galt against Korgal. Ye swing yer sword like a real warrior."

He gives a small, awkward bow,

"Dumathoin bless ye."

Before moving away and going out to visit the graves, placing his emerald on each in turn and whispering to himself. A smile crosses his face after he finally scoops up the gem and heads in to find Maji.