The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:03 am

Coljin, from your position you hear a soft splash coming from the rightmost submerged tunnel, and scrape of something against stone coming from the leftmost tunnel. The guards closest to each don't seem to have responded to either.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:11 am

Coljin will point out what he heard to the needed guards, finishing with, 'my ears are good.'

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 am

Coljin gives a warning to his and Ulmwin's guards, who in turn alert some of the others that something is incoming.

The water in front of Maji surges as something swims beneath it for the attack!

((Initiative rolls from you three please!))

Dornikal and Randy move to the side, and try to look respectfully professional, as the leader of the squads has a few words with the guards at the alley.

((Holger, tailing along behind, you see Randy and Dornikal waiting off to one side from the alley.))

The guard waves Randy and Dornikal over.

"Like I said, sir, Company Leader Anders took two gnome healers down with him, these two are friends of theirs and want to offer their services as well."

The squad leader turns to the two of you, "I don't much care for bringing people I don't know down there, but I understand your concern for your friends..."

((Persuasion check?))

Tess meanders in a north westerly direction.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:38 am

How far away were Holger from Randy and Dornikal?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:45 am

((You were a few blocks behind the guards.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:07 am

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:52 am

Randy nods respectfully to the commander. "I understand your concerns, sir. I'm responsible for the well being of the two you took down and feel I should be present to help safe guard them. You won't have to watch out for us much. Dornikal is an experienced caravan guard. I'm a ranger attached to the temple of Obad-Hai. As such, I'm experienced tracker and trained in medicine, including magical healing if needs be. I've worked with troops before and can follow orders. I can also bring some specialized expertise to the field." He pulls his lit sword just enough to show the flames. " I'm willing to place myself under your command for the duration."

persuasion 1d20+2 = [20] = 22

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:58 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:01 am

Dornikal nods along to Randy's excellent word-smithing and adds,

"Aye've also had a 20 year stretch in the militia and will follow yer commands, sir."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:36 am

The squad leader nods his acceptance. "Alright then, let's head down."

He introduces himself as Petren, and the alley guards nod at you as they allow the squads and the two of you to enter.

Holger, you see Randy and Dornikal get let through with the guards, you're still a block or two away.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:22 am

Dornikal gives the guards a nod back before trying to position himself near the front of those going in explaining,

"Aye got good eyes for leading in tunnels without much light."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:27 am

Holger will step out while they were talking and walk towards them. He'll have the staff float with mage hand as he stows the gems away before strapping the staff on.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:36 am

They are heading into the alley, your gonna have to hustle to catch them!

Tess, were you keeping visual on Holger, or coming along later?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:02 am

If I spontanously were 60 ft further ahead, would they notice me :shifty:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:14 am

Dornikal asks Petrén, or another guard that is nearby,

"What's happened that three squads of guards are heading down now if the two fellas earlier weren't enough?"

As he walks he straps on his shield and, as subtly as possible, reaches into the bag of holding and pulls out the spear of possible poison.

Slight of hand: 1d20+3 = [11] = 14

((Does he need a perception roll off the bat?))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm

"Whatever killed that one man and wounded the other is either big, strong, or there's several of them. He was pretty messed up when I healed him. Unfortunately, they had to give him enough pain meds before I got there that he was pretty much passed out. I couldn't ask him any questions about what he'd mixed it up with."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:46 pm

Petren seems a bit confused, "Two fellows earlier?"

When Randy comments, he remarks, "Oh! Those were a couple of civilians that got grabbed, that's why we've men posted on this gate since they were found. Big, strong, many, or all three sounds about right. There was a report of something tripping an alarm, but I guess it was just some dragonborn exploring the sewers, that had had a run in with them too? First team was headed in to clear things out, we're going in as back up and to help with any clean up needed."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Initiative: 1d20+2 = [3] = 5

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:49 pm

"A dragonborn? Interesting. I wonder what he/she found down here? Be nice to talk to a witness."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 am

((@Theis: Ahead of the party entering the alley? I'd say that if you showed up at the end of the alley somehow, they'd notice. Just mentioning that if you're not hustling, the guards are going to close rank on the end of the alley...))

((@Rodgeir: Perception for? You're just walking in an alley right now.))

"Yeah, I don't know why there was a dragonborn down there either, hope it wasn't the one attacking folks and just lured a bunch of squads deep into its lair..."

Two shapes surge towards Maji and the lead guard, bursting up in a spray of briny water in a flurry of attacks, claws and a fist swiping the air in front of the dragonborn before a shroud of tentacles writhe out from the forearm to try to wrap around Maji's upper torso, but the dragonborn manages to avoid all of the strikes. The creature, illuminated briefly in the light of Maji and the guard's lanterns, has a roughly humanoid appearance, but with one arm ending in a barnacle encrusted claw, and the other wriggling with tentacles. The head looks like it might if a man were to wear and octopus as a helmet. It's attacks foiled by the dragonborn's dodging, it drops back into the water and out of sight.
The second creature attacks the guard holding a lantern near Maji, the first barnacle encrusted fist swinging wide, but the second connecting solidly and drawing a pained grunt, but the guard leans back, and misses the snap of the jaws of what looks like a shark head fused with a shelf of coral. It too drops beneath the roiling surface.
The squads by the northeast tunnel and the middle of the room look about nervously, forming up and readying their spears readying their spears.

The lantern bearer near Maji that just took a hit jabs downward into the dark water, stabbing at an unseen target, but from the way the spear jerks, must have managed to hit something.
His companions move up around Maji, likewise thrusting into the water, only one managing to connect.
Anders wades around the north side, slashing downward with his long sword.
((Reminder that the squares here are 10x10 due to my goof in arting them.))
((Also, if you're having trouble seeing detail, you can copy link address and open it in another page to be able to zoom easier.))

Turn Order:

Octo-head
Coral-Shark
Squad B (spears readied)
Squad D (spears readied)
Squad E (spears readied)
Squad C
Anders
Coljin (32/32)<<<------------------------------------------
Squad A
Squad F
Ulmwin (37/37)
Maji (18/31)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 am

To the guard holding Coljin above water, "Can you move us closer to where the guards are fighting. I have to be closer for any of my magics to work." He would point him North and a bit west to kind of stay in the middle of the pack of everyone. He would then cast resistance on his guard/carrier.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:15 am

Nem will resummon Ily into a garbage can or an old box or something and send him down the alley after Holger to eavesdrop on the conversation.

She'll lean against a building outside the alley and pretend to be meditating or praying or something while she sends her senses through Ily.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:58 am

((@Spider Just wasn't sure if he needed one as he went down.))

"Aye'm no expert on dragonborn but aye don't think they do that."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:59 am

I was thinking of making an illusion of Holger so that the real Holger didn't have to run in order to stop up for a moment. Otherwise he'll just call out to Randy.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:43 pm

(( Sounds like we found the crew of the Flying Dutchman. :P ))