The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:40 am

((I'm fine with that being 'free', so you're welcome to take another action now.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12063

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:21 am

After his initial warning, Ulmwin does kind of demonstrate that really, he has little reason to not resort to brass tacks when it comes to it... Moving 4 squares up to give him a clear shot at whoever dark blue dude is on the map.

crossbow attack: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4


Obviously, it was just a warning shot, of course...

"Watch out up front Holger!" (Bardic inspiration on Holger)

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5306
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:53 am

Randy steps out of the tall grass and takes a snap shot at the elf.

long bow: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

long bow damage: 1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Coljin move 10 feet south and 10 feet west.

He will then take a shot at the injured enemy directly west of him down the road.


_: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12

Crossbow damage: 1D8+1 = [5]+1 = 6

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Ulmwin: You shift position, and fire on the leader who had been doing all of the talking, but your crossbow bolt arcs wide.

((Not that it affects the outcome of the shot, but I am reading your moving 4 spaces as moving north, at which he is still outside the 80 ft range increment of your crossbow, so you'd want to move closer next time if you're shooting at him again, or it will be at disadvantage.))

The grass rustles to the north west of Tess, and those of you on the roadway see another "tax collector" armed with a crossbow emerge at the top of the hill, next to the half elf. This is a human, his features hidden behind an unkempt tangle of beard and hair. He raises his crossbow and fires at Holger.
► Show Spoiler
((Everything below has the chance to change slightly, based on if Holger rolls Chaos.))

Two more human "tax collectors" emerge from the other side of the road, leading a pair of black mastiffs that they release as they draw their crossbows, not attacking this turn.

A final "tax collector" emerges from the tall grass, shooting Zephyr, the bolt slamming into her side for 9 damage.
The half elf grunts as Randerwaith looses an arrow that takes him in the hip.

((Do you want to retreat back into the grass after you shoot?))

He doesn't get a chance to deal with getting shot by the ranger's arrow, as Coljin moves up and drops him with a bolt to the chest.

Alistral moves forward through the grass to the crest of the hill, rising up on her hindlegs and firing off a pair of shots at the "tax collectors" in the roadway, both of her arrows striking true, hitting one of the dog handling "tax collectors", and the fellow who shot Zephyr.
As she drops back to the ground, there is a snarling bark from her location.

Zephyr: You move up next to Holger.

((You still have action/bonus action.))

Ambush: MAP!
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8645
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:32 pm

As she moves up next to Holger, she speaks sideways to him as she draws her javelin. "Make for the side of the road, standing out her in the open is going to get you shot, but stay by my side so I can at least try to protect you."
She lines up her throw at the leader who started this mess and hurls it with all of her might.
Javelin Throw: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
Javelin Damage: 1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15492
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Maji shifts to brown bear (bonus action) and uses his sense of smell to try to find the closest bandit (??? Action) and continues to sneak twoard them, if possible.

Per: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [8, 5]+5 = 13

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:44 pm

((Scent doesn't really give you a good sense of range, but in addition to the folks on the road and the now lupine scent of Alistral, you detect someone else to the west (breeze is going west to east, otherwise mastiffs would have pinged you before you arrived.). Holding off on updating until I have confirmation what Holger's doing, and if everything gets re-written by him dropping a fireball in the middle of the map.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6866

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Holger just used a normal boring shield :(

Holger wild surge: 1D20 = [5] = 5
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Zephyr: You rear back and heave your javelin, where it slams into the "head taxman". He grunts with pain, but seems to still be in pretty good shape.

Maji: You go bear form, and catch up with Alistral, who you see has taken the shape of some sort of huge wolf.

Krodop runs as fast and far as his legs can take him up to a few strides behind Zephyr, warhammer held at the ready.

The leader of the "tax collectors" pulls free Zephyr's javelin, steps forward and flicks a pair of daggers at Holger...
...but both blades deflect off Holger's mage armor, spinning to the roadway. Hissing in anger, he backs up, "Let's go men, put them down!"

With baying barks, the mastiffs surge forward, attacking Zephyr and Holger. The first leaps at the tiefling, but she manages to fend it off. The second goes for Holger's leg, but he manages to pull it back in time.
Dryderion charges out of the tall grass towards the sound of the hounds, pike levered forward as he bursts into view. The momentum of his attack spits the mastiff from one end to the next, and he lifts the dog's carcass into the air. He spins the haft to face the "taxmen", and the split carcass arcs towards them.
► Show Spoiler
There are some cries of confusion and surprise from the assorted "tax collectors"... it doesn't seem they were expecting centaurs....

Two more humans, large, heavily muscled brutes that look so alike that you almost feel you're seeing double, push their way to the front. Their similarity doesn't end at their brutish features, as each is carrying a similar mace that they swing threateningly.

((Maji, you hear rustling ahead and the scent of guy lessens... the guy you smelled was one of these pink guys that just moved out.))

((Dark blue - leader
light blue - human underlings
drab - half orc
pink - guys with maces
black dog - mastiff))

Ambush: MAP!

.Holger
.Rudolph
.Kreentath
.Rothar
.Nemeia
.Ulmwin
.Randerwaith
.Coljin
.Alistral
.Zephyr
.Maji
.Krodop
.Dryderion


[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6866

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:43 pm

"You ought to be more aware of the people in the world, or the very least have been able to understand a simple hint!"

Holger will shoot the leader with a fire bolt and move closer again. Using tide of chaos

Holger fire bolt: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [19, 17]+6 = 25
1D10 = [5] = 5
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:12 pm

((Realized that I missed an item trigger, though I don't think it would have made much use of the time if I had remembered? When Holger took the Dodge action, his ring got tingly. When you take the Dodge action while attuned to the ring, you can move an additional 5 ft that turn.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Patdragon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Rudolph ducks back out of cover as he heads forwards and decides to try and take out the small annoyance of the dog on route, however something about the dog seemed to remind him of his old family pet and the hesitation makes him whiff = 9 the chop.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14659
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Nemeia continues to sneak forwards (north and west) towards the edge of the tall grass.

Carefully again I hope...

Perception: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Nope!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Holger: You blast the leader, he takes the hit, and is starting to look somewhat rough.

((There is a mastiff right in front of you, so you'd have to move around it to move closer. If you want to move even farther, you'll take an opportunity attack from it.))

Rudolph: You whiff at the doggie.

Kreentath draws her pike free and swings at the half orc in front of her, slashing across his chest before kicking forward with her hooves, catching him in the shoulder.
He grins, spits blood from his mouth, and rearing back, brings down his axe on her front with a mighty swing, leaving her bleeding and limping. She's doing pretty bad after that blow.
The half orc leaves himself open to Rothar, who attacks him in turn, seeking to drop him before he kills the other centaur. His short sword bites into the half orc's torso, and he clobbers him with his hooves.
Tess: You sneak through the grass, and peering out into the roadway, see the "taxmen" arranged in front of you at the top of the hill. They don't seem to have noticed you.


((Dark blue - leader
light blue - human underlings
drab - half orc
pink - guys with maces
black dog - mastiff))

Ambush: MAP!

.Ulmwin
.Randerwaith
.Coljin
.Alistral
.Zephyr
.Maji
.Krodop
.Dryderion


.Holger
.Rudolph
.Kreentath
.Rothar
.Nemeia[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5306
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:30 pm

((I'll go ahead put in my move as it's not likely to be affected by Ulmwin's))

Randy will proceed forward another 30 feet and target the northern most "pink man".


long bow attack: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12 (umm... don't know. Maybe? )

_: 1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9 (Just in case it hits)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:36 am

((Tess, you have only used your movement so far.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12063

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:41 am

Ulmwin moves ahead as much as possible, and looses another shot at the target straight ahead of him:

crossbow attack: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9


Of course, it only makes sense that the moment things turn from social to actual battle, he quickly turns useless...

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14659
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:00 am

Ah cool. Nemeia will draw her bow then and shoot the leader before retreating back into the long grass to hide.

Shortbow attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [6, 7]+4 = 11

Oops.

Hide!: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 am

Coljin decides he will try to take out the leader and maybe lower the morale of the other bandits. (as it is a spell I'm thinking cover/people inbetween won't matter, if the people in between do cause a great lowering in the chance of making a hit, he will instead move first and then target the man directly to the west in full line of sight)


He will cast Guiding Bolt and target it at the leader. He will move south 5 feet and then west 15 feet after he is done casting the spell.

(I put my proficiency bonus in the roll, if that is not correct, it will be -2) (that is a lot of 'ifs', sorry)

_: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

Radiant Damage: 4D6 = [2, 3, 2, 5] = 12

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:56 am

((It's a ranged spell attack, so uses your spell attack modifier (proficiency + WIS), which should be more than +3? Like +6 or so?))

((Tess you used you move up get there, so would have to cunning action to move back into the grass and hide next turn.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:21 am

Ok, Yep, +6 then. Cool. Then Leader would be the one he'd be targetting if he didn't have to worry about a ladle full of cover.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14659
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:26 am

((but i want to do ALL the things!! :P))
Sure, my bad :) I'll dash 15 feet back into the grass and save that hide roll for my first CA next turn.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:27 am

((A 21 is probably going to make it past any cover. This guy doesn't look like he's working with a 19 AC...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15075

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 am

Tess: You fire off a shot from the edge of the grass, arcing over the heads of the "tax collectors". The leader and one of the dog handlers others whip their heads back, seeing the rustle of grass as Tess retreats.

Ulmwin: You move forward, sending another bolt flying off into the distance.

The "taxman" who turned to look behind them takes a few steps toward the no longer rustling grass, and trains his crossbow on that area. ((Tess, you don't have visual on him from where you are currently.))

The bearded fellow moves forward and fires at Rudolph, but the bolt clatters across his armor.
One of the dog handlers, tears in his eyes, fires on Dryderion, the bolt clipping the centaur's abdomen.
The same guy that shot Zephyr before shoots at her again, but she knocks it away as he curses.
Randerwaith: You move forward, firing on one of the mace wielding toughs. He grins at you as he snaps it off.

Coljin: You summon your energies, and unleash a blast of brilliant light that arcs across the battlefield before slamming into the leader, lighting him up with a radiant fire as he screams. ((The next attack on him has advantage.))

With a snarl, a massive dire wolf bursts from the grass to the north, the white patterning across the rump of its reddish fur indicating Alistral's presence in a new form. Her teeth clamp down on the arm of the man who fired at Zephyr, as she gives him a vicious shake, knocking him to the ground as she stands snarling over him.


((Dark blue - leader
light blue - human underlings
drab - half orc
pink - guys with maces
black dog - mastiff))

Ambush: MAP!

.Zephyr
.Maji
.Krodop
.Dryderion


.Holger
.Rudolph
.Kreentath
.Rothar
.Nemeia
.Ulmwin
.Randerwaith
.Coljin
.Alistral[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply