The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8536
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:14 am

Zephyr growls at the dog in front of her and pulls her sword from its fancy new sheath. She tries to viciously attack the dog, but somehow majorly whiffs.
Sword Attack: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6
CON Save: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12


:tfacepalm:
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:15 am

((Let's have a CON save please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am

Zephyr: As you pull your sword from your sheathe for the first time ever since putting it in there, you are wracked by blinding pain... but in an instant it is gone, and you don't seem to be suffering any ill affects... puzzled, you swing at the dog bothering Rudolph, but miss, perhaps too thrown off by the flash of pain?


((Dark blue - leader
light blue - human underlings
drab - half orc
pink - guys with maces
black dog - mastiff))

Ambush: MAP!

.Maji
.Krodop
.Dryderion


.Holger
.Rudolph
.Kreentath
.Rothar
.Nemeia
.Ulmwin
.Randerwaith
.Coljin
.Alistral
.Zephyr[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8536
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:21 am

The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:24 am

You didn't see any of the supposed tax collectors casting spells, so it doesn't seem that someone would have hit you with something... it's probably the act of unsheathing your sword, but the pain is gone now... other than the pain of being shot with a crossbow bolt from before. You look down at the scabbard, and for a moment, you think the eye is looking at you... but when you blink, it is the same as always.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15084
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Maji moves 3 down left then down until he is between the two bandits (and flanking with Alistral) he mawls the one Alistral attacked. I think flanking was +3, but I forgot so I didn't put it in the attack. And I was npt sure if I got advantage due to sneaking or not...

Bite, claw: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
1D8+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
2D6+4 = [2, 4]+4 = 10

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:46 pm

((In order to have flanking, you need to occupy the square just south of the guy she hit... And we've been doing +2.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15084
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:54 pm

(I think i can do that with a diagnal movmeent but I am not sure because he is a large creature)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:16 pm

((You might be able to get there by going south, then West, but if you're trying to push between the two (from the West) to get south of the one she's attacking, that would be an athletic check to do so.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15084
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:16 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:29 pm

((It'd be your action to push past. .))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15084
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:41 pm

I'd rather maul.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Maji: You head straight south, then turn and get the prone crossbowman between you and Alistral as you casually kill steal him from her and chomp out his throat. You then turn and claw open the abdomen of the guy next to you, leaving two dead "taxmen" on the ground. (I put you where you wanted to be, just not moving the way you said, and since you killed the prone guy with one HP (that you technically had ADV against as well), used the other attack on the guy with two HP.))

Krodop runs up behind Rudy.

The leader moves up and takes a couple of slashes at Maji's bear form with his scimitar before stabbing at him with a dagger. Both swipes of the scimitar part the bear's fur, carving long gashes in him, and he buries the dagger to the hilt, for a total of 20 damage against the bear.
The mastiff turns towards the one who just whiffed so bad and tries to attack Zephyr, but isn't able to get a hold of the armored tiefling.
Dryderion moves in front of Zephyr, and tramples the mastiff into the roadway, leaving a canine mangle as he moves forward to jab his pike at the left most mace wielder, driving it into his side.
The other one moves up and starts bashing on Maji, slamming the mace down on the bear, once... twice, bone cracking under the blows, dealing 11 damage. Maji is about to fall out of bear form back to dragonborn form.
The mace toting "tax collector" that Dryderion just stabbed pulls free of the pike, and rushes forward to hammer away at the centaur, the mace slamming into his humanoid chest as a rib snaps.
((Dark blue - leader
light blue - human underlings
drab - half orc
pink - guys with maces
black dog - mastiff))

Ambush: MAP!

.Holger
.Rudolph
.Kreentath
.Rothar
.Nemeia
.Ulmwin
.Randerwaith
.Coljin
.Alistral
.Zephyr
.Maji
.Krodop
.Dryderion


[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8536
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:16 pm

I'll give the attack on the horse in front of me disadvantage
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:31 pm

((I'd say you don't have a clear view of the attacks... the intent is that you're interposing your shield, which is hard to do from the back side of the centaur... in this case, they still hit.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6727

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:37 am

"Zephyr, with me!"

Holger will move up and try to flank the mace man and stab him with his daggers.

Holger daggers: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9

Dagger damage: 1D4+3 = [3]+3 = 6
Doubt I'll hit with the other dagger even with flanking bonuses :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Patdragon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:24 am

Hearing Holger call to Zeph to assist him in attacking the mace wielder which Rudolph was thinking of attacking; he shifts his focus to the other two nearest him.
advancing forwards with his shield held solid he tries to place himself between both of them. Attacking the one on the outside nearest the orc (?) =12.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:24 am

Holger: You push past Zephyr, calling for her to follow, move around Dryderion and come up behind the guy who had just wailed on Maji-bear. You drive both daggers into him, one just barely parting his hide armor. He staggers, looking pretty rough.

((Rudolph, there was an art error on my part, one of light blue guys should have already been dead, having taken a lightning bolt from Holger. There is the guy with the mace in front of the centaur, and a crossbow guy near the edge of the grass...))

((Dark blue - leader
light blue - human underlings
drab - half orc
pink - guys with maces
black dog - mastiff))

Ambush: MAP!

.Holger
.Rudolph
.Kreentath
.Rothar
.Nemeia
.Ulmwin
.Randerwaith
.Coljin
.Alistral
.Zephyr
.Maji
.Krodop
.Dryderion


[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13994
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:12 am

On her turn, Nem will use her CA sneak from last turn, then move one left then up to the edge of the grass.

When she sees she's been followed, she'll target that guy instead of the leader, hopefully being sneaky enough to get a shot off before he sees her.

Sneak attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [6, 16]+4 = 20

Sneak attack damage: 2D6+2 = [3, 1]+2 = 6

Then, shell duck back into the grass with her remaining movement.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:44 am

((Can Randy reach north most pink guy with his movement?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:49 am

((Yeah, you can get there in 20 ft.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Patdragon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:14 am

Yeah put me near the crossbow guy then.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:04 am

Rudolph: You move up on the guy at the edge of the roadway reloading his crossbow, your blade biting into his side. ((Roll for damage please!))

Kreentath exchanges a look with Rothar before backing up, wheeling and stagger gallops out of the tall grass, leaving a smear of blood on the stalks as she emerges between Krodop and Coljin, a series of nasty gashes on her torso. She stabs her pike into the ground, and surveying the enemies still standing, begins readying her long bow.

His initial target now gone, the half orc turns to Rothar and slams the greataxe into the centaur, opening a vicious wound.
Gritting his teeth, Rothar returns the favor, carving into the half orc with his first short sword, then his second. As the second blade hits, the half orc drops to one knee, and is about to go down, when he surges back to his feet and licks the blood from the edge of his axe.
Tess: You emerge from the grass in a slightly different spot that the guy was expecting, and you get off your shot a moment before his, the impact making his shot fly wide before you duck back into the grass.
((Dark blue - leader
light blue - human underlings
drab - half orc
pink - guys with maces
black dog - mastiff))

Ambush: MAP!

.Ulmwin
.Randerwaith
.Coljin
.Alistral
.Zephyr
.Maji
.Krodop
.Dryderion


.Holger
.Rudolph
.Kreentath
.Rothar
.Nemeia[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11787

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:31 am

((So if I got the range just right, I could move four left, one diagonally left-down, and barely have the leader in range for a dissonant whispers?))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 am

(( Since I'm going to be busy with paperwork for a while, I'll put Randy's move in.))

Randy, seeing Maj is getting mauled, switches off to swords and rolls up on pink guy north.

short sword right: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7

short sword left: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8

:meh:

Apparently, he's too busy studying the guy's moves to properly close and engage, so whiffs both swings. ((Yes, I'm thinking optimistically here. It couldn't be Coyote is up to it's old tricks of making the battle bloodier than it has to.)) :P

Post Reply