The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:55 am

I... Guess we might as well? Even if we have doubts about it, the only other option is staying here where we're likely to be found. Anybody got other options?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:00 am

Merric can see through somebody elses eyes right? What happens if he sees through Gwen's while walking? Would he see as she sees while in the dark?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 am

Is it Gaze of 2 Minds? If so, then he'd become blind and deaf to his own surroundings, but would be able to see through your eyes with your senses.

Do you guys not have a hooded lantern or something? Or am I thinking of a different group?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:26 am

Yep, that is what I mean.

I don't think we do and I think that would give away our position.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 am

The hooded part is meant to keep it from giving away our position. Limiting the direction the light can travel makes it harder to see from a distance. We can easily improvise, though. A thin layer of cloth covering an object with Light cast on it will block the light, so it would work the same way. Mehr would never come up with the idea to use his magic to replicate an item used by smugglers and thieves, though. :p
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:28 am

It's something you guys could think about while Gwen and Syli are foraging if you want?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:59 am

I had the same idea Burns, I'm just worried about what Thinks might make me roll for moving around in third person view :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:21 am

It depends how you set it up to be honest. You might avoid the roll entirely if you're smart :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:29 am

Hopefully the person will walk right behind me so I'm basically looking through a selfie stick attached to my shoulder :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:41 pm

How about looking at your body from the side?

[BBvideo 560,340]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcD7LMD ... EE0B321CE2[/BBvideo]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:39 pm

So um...do we know we did bad in a skill we are normally good at?

Also can you roll Kal's surv?

Also new plan of attack for next surv roll: Mehric helps Gwen and Korrik helps Syli, and Merric helps Kal.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:19 am

...So Syli somehow had the best survival roll of the group? :waitwtf:

Yeesh. The dice have spoken, and Varsk is getting a crash course in outdoor survival tonight.

(Although it does provide a convenient explanation for Syli's incoming failure. She's too busy trying to herd all the amateur navigators to actually follow tracks herself. :lol: )

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 am

Yup, I'll roll for Kal unless one of you guys feels extra lucky :) sorry for the slow progress, I'm utterly swamped this week but will get back to it asap.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:24 am

Unfortunally he already rolled and got a 5! :lol: Okay so, I think our best plan of attack is to help those with largest boosts which I think are Syli, Gwen and Kal.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:29 am

You're assuming we actually get another shot at picking up the trail, which isn't a guarantee. Or, alternatively, we DO find the trail, but the survival more pertains to finding suitable habitation along the way. There's quite a few ways this could play out, and some of those make this a very all-or-nothing scenario.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 am

Seems like we all get to live another night. Are you going to try and find Varsk now that you have a trail or camp out and try in the morning?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:55 am

Not posting this to argue, but because the Core books are silent on the subject but it has been given (optional) mechanics in XGtE.
Xanathar wrote:Going Without a Long Rest
A long rest is never mandatory, but going without sleep does have its consequences. If you want to account for the effects of sleep deprivation on characters and creatures, use these rules.
Whenever you end a 24-hour period without finishing a long rest, you mus succeed on a DC 10 Constitution saving throw or suffer one level of exhaustion.
It becomes harder to fight off exhaustion if you stay awake for multiple days. After the first 24-hours, the DC increases by 5 for each consecutive 24-hour period without a long rest. The DC resets to 10 when you finish a long rest.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:05 pm

I think we talked about applying some sort of lack of sleep rules earlier in the game, but it was before XGtE I think. Those are good rules though, so we'll go with them over whatever the homebrew version was. That CON save will potentially will save Varsk a bit of grief!

At any rate, the sleep-deprivation rules are definitely in play for you guys, because I specifically want this to be part of the challenge of your wilderness survival adventure :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:18 pm

So... what are the rules now then? Should I make a con roll for Varsk or?

Also do you need a roll for climbing the tree?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:28 pm

THe rules are as spider's posted. We didn't have XGtE when we started, but we'll use it now.

No roll is needed for climbing the tree - it's easy enough to get up there. The CON save is only needed at the end of the night if you skip the long rest, so you're fine for now. If you decide to go to sleep, you don't need the CON save at all.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:29 pm

But then the bears come, drawn by half-orc snores...

You okay with my last short rest hit die roll or would you like me to make another? It was absolutely average (8).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Quite possibly, or maybe nothing will happen at all :) It's your choice to make, but half-orcs should get a decent CON save bonus so you're probably fairly safe on a DC10 roll. Unless coyotecode still hates you all, in which case there's really no good option here :lol:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Ooohh then we find the bears and ask them for direction!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:38 pm

This is the OOC thread Theis, focus!

What was the word on the HD roll Thinks?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Are you resting? I'm ok with your last roll if you are, but it's helpful if you can post your actions in the main thread rather than here. I'm a little confused what you're actually going to do :)