The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Alas! Poor Korrik :( Those were some rough rolls!

All right, so for those of you curious how that little swamp event played out mechanically, you guys had to hold your breath for 2 minutes on that trip, split into four stages of ~30 seconds. Kal and Artho made the limit from the go and really just had to not make things worse for themselves but the halflings did not do so well and needed to act to make it through ok. Suffocation rules give you like 1 + CON mod minutes to hold your breath (minimum 30s) so that was the baseline.

The initial DEX save was to determine whether you got a full breath of air at the start of the trip (plus whatever other actions you wanted to take). Merric failed (just) but everyone else succeeded. Merric had less than a minute of air due to the failed roll, but it's cool cos he's telepathic and communicated quickly enough to do something about it. Also the telepathy is kind of creepy and encouraged his handler to travel faster than usual afterwards.

Korrik fighting at the start meant the lizardfolk grabbed him harder than it would otherwise, costing him 30s of air, and leaving him 90s of air to make the entire trip. All he needed was one success on the trip and he would have stayed conscious. But here we are...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm

thinkslogically wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:32 pm Alas! Poor Korrik :(
I knew him well... :skull:

Hopefully between a paladin, a rangery type and a creepy follower of a water god, someone can revive me.
Otherwise, time to start checking on lizardfolk PC stats... ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:39 pm

You'd certainly hope so, wouldn't you?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:45 pm

I hope so. Kal is going to be pretty mad about this.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Apnea is getting out of control again, and I don't know when I'll be able to fix it. But I'm already starting to come apart again. So might not be able to play.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 pm

No problem wears, we'll look after Kal and make sure he's looking after the party. Take care of yourself first, we're not going anywhere.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:24 am

Hey folks! Been hectic as hell lately, but I think I'm starting to find my feet a little better and want to pick the WA back up again. Things will probably be slow on Tuesdays / Thursdays since those are teaching days, but I will try to get at least one update on Mon-Wed-Fri, if for no other reason than to keep things moving.

So: Can I please have a show of hands from those who are still around? I know theis is travelling at the moment, and I think Spider, Burns, Rodgeir and Dlover are here? Wears / Nioca, are you guys still in? (will assume that you're autopiloting for the time being regardless).

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:12 pm

I'm still interested. I'm also still in rough shape. We'll see how it goes.

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:02 pm

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:08 pm

So, we decided that Varsk gets advantage on all his attack rolls right? :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Lol! Nice try :D

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:07 am

o/
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:33 am

Dlover wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:16 am ((I somehow imagine 1/2 cover from Varsk would mean nothing when they have 3/4 cover from the window.))
I was asking pre-emptively for when group 3 breaks down the door rather than trying to block the window. The question is if we should split our attentions temporarily so Varsk engages at the door and tries to hold there while and you and Vacerian cover the window?

Though... once the door is busted open Varsk is going up to engage either way, otherwise they will take our choke point. If we lose the window we are equally toast. :shrug:
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:04 am

I've been talking to people elsewhere about how I miss playing D&D and wishing this game was back on. With my constantly changing schedule and highly variable state of health, this is about the only way I can play - by post, with an understanding and flexible group. You're a good DM, Thinks, and I'm enjoying the setting. Glad to have this back, even if I've been in particularly rough shape this year.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:28 am

:)

You're very welcome wears. I've been missing it too, and I didn't realise how much until M0rt ran his Roll20 game the other day so I'm also glad to be getting back into it. DMing just fills a creative hole for me that other hobbies don't quite manage to get to! I can't promise I won't have phases where work gets all overwhelming again, but I have a decent handle on where this campaign is going and as long as I don't try and run any more giant battles off my phone we should be ok for a bit at least.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:13 am

Well that was a hell of a couple of hits against Gwen... :paranoia:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:12 am

OK, I forgot Syli had Healing Word so that changes a few things for Gwen and we're back to her :) Welcome back to life!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:29 am

Wasn't there poison on that hatch in the floor? You maybe already got it though.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:45 am

thinkslogically wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:12 am OK, I forgot Syli had Healing Word so that changes a few things for Gwen and we're back to her :) Welcome back to life!
It probably won't last long! :lol:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:06 am

One more question on Parry Thinks, it is a d8+Dex damage reduction. It would just be the Dex damage reduction then?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:19 am

Yes, for now, it's just the Dex reduction until you learn the maneuvre.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:09 am

Theis just got back from a long trip and is recovering from jet lag. He'll rejoin us later.

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:11 am

Yup hit me harder than expected, granted some of it might just be because I've slept less than usual the last month.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Question: Do failed Death Saves carry over after being healed? Like, if Mehr goes down again am I starting at 2 failed saves, or back to 0?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Resets each time.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler