The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 29, 2018 8:07 pm

:lol: I should probably work on a few alternative entrances for my NPCs! I guess it's a popular build amongst Archipelagan wanderers :D

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 30, 2018 4:20 am

My money's on "They weren't until you existed and created the idea of the Nature Ninjas."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 30, 2018 4:30 am

Druids are among those best able to slip about unnoticed, if they make use of wildshaping into something tiny or innocuous.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 30, 2018 5:19 am

Aye, and they have some cooool spells available to them. It's quite easy to make them disappear from the view of a 2nd level PC :P

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 30, 2018 8:32 am

I've not played a druid before, but my gator hillbilly barbarian died, so I'll be playing as a 'warforged' druid (not exactly warforged, but the DM's custom race of sentient constructs). I've spent the last 175 years encased in the hollow trunk of a yew tree. My name is Yew. And yes, I plan on replying every time a PC or NPC says "you". Or "ewe" for that matter.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 30, 2018 8:55 am

Awwww what happened to the hillbilly gator? I hope he went out gloriously :D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 30, 2018 9:25 am

Fought through hordes of undead to confront evil wizard... Had 9 HP, which the wizard's pet black drake took out with one breath attack. Didn't roll above a 5 on my death saves. Rest of party other than an NPC made it out alive though. No high enough level folks to bring him back.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 30, 2018 9:27 am

Ouch...! Sounds badass wading through the zombie horde though :D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 30, 2018 9:32 am

His radiant zealot damage came in handy for that!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 31, 2018 8:33 am

Rodgeir wrote:Thinks, Varsk is still totally on mission o:)...for now. Got to test out Tam's moral compass first
Lol, it's all good. Just know that if you want to disappear off to the other side of the world with no simple way to return, I'm not going to stop you :D

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 31, 2018 9:49 am

PS remember insight checks are a thing you can use to try and get a better read on someone's personality / mood / manner and such. You don't have to only use them to work out if someone's lying to you.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:33 am

Ok, so what do the lizard group propose doing? Merric is pretty clearly set on finding his "gift", but Kal / Korrik previously wanted to keep going to find the other lizard tribe. I don't want an NPC to make this decision for you because it will probably matter.

Theis: I've been wondering whether or not to prod you towards something you might not have noticed. If you want a nudge, you can have Merric make an INT check. If not, I'll leave you to wonder :)

Druid group: when you're ready to be done for the day, just let me know and we can speed up the time a bit. If you have more questions to ask / discussions you want to have though feel free.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:49 am

I guess it's the fact that we already went by the fey forest? But I'm not sure if that's it so here's an int check.

Merric int: 1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20

He seems to be very observant regarding the true gods gift :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:02 am

Nope, not that at all :lol:

There's something that's been annoying you about those dream messages.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:29 am

Noooo, don't cast doubt on the true gods words! :gonk:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:35 am

:lol:

You can make another check tomorrow in game, or just let me know if you have a revelation.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:02 pm

I'll be ready for time travel when the others are.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:48 pm

Time travel is a go.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:50 am

Same here.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:20 am

Lets do the time warp again.~

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 am

I actually missed a significant bit before saying that Kal wanted to continue south. This is why I shouldn't be playing right now. My brain isn't absorbing things properly. Kal only just met this very unusual new friend and the vision seems vague, but he does want to support a holy quest. On the other hand, we have a time-sensitive mission with innocent lives in the balance. Kal wants to better understand what the halfling is all about before making the call. What is this ritual with the water? What god is being served? What might be the consequences of going or delaying? Unfortunately, his religion check didn't go too well.

Also unfortunately, I've only had two full nights' sleep in the past fortnight, and it's been a couple of days since the last one.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:14 am

What you have heard from Merric is a bit blasphemeous as he just denounced the known and well respected gods. He has reffered to his god as the true god and dweller of the deep, a god no one knows and Merric might be the only one regarding it as a god (that's up to Thinks).
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:25 am

Korrik thinks he's totally batty, but isn't quite willing to let a fellow halfling go off on his own. As crazy and occasionally incompetent as Merric is, he does have some measure of ability with his magics, and may be useful in getting the job done. Korrik is only conveniently religious, so isn't as bothered by Merric's claims, and fully expects nothing to happen with the water, but is going along after exacting a promise that Merric sticks with them when it doesn't.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:49 am

No problem wears, thanks for the insight into Kal's thoughts :) I'll try and keep him following that line of action.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Ok, so I'm terrible at awarding inspiration points (IP) because I always forget they exist. The way they work is that they are supposed to be a reward for good roleplaying (i.e. when someone acts on their flaws, does something particularly in-character, really cool, or puts in a bit of extra player effort or whatever. It's pretty flexible), and they can be spent to give advantage on a roll. Any player can hold one IP at a time.

Like I say though, I'm terrible at remembering to award them, so I'm going to ask you guys to nominate events for IPs as we go. No self-nominations please, but please feel free to suggest when your fellow players might deserve an extra bit of inspiration :)