The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:47 am

Aw dude, that's horrible :( Good for you for following through and doing what was best for the bunny, but I'm sorry it happened.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:11 pm

((I'm amused by Maji writing down answers to questions no one is asking him. :lol: Still a good RP exercise, but I'm picturing it happening concurrently with current events in that game. Dornikal's getting chewed out by a dwarf, Holger's flirting with the caravan mistress under Tess's casually watchful eye, and Maji's writing a story about his spiders.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:15 pm

I know, I'm really enjoying seeing his answers though :D I like Maji!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:11 pm

I actually fed spiders as a kid. Had a few catface spiders I would feed daily. Is that not normal (ish)?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:25 pm

Seems normal to me, but might be biased.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:27 pm

Then I consider myself in good company.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:55 pm

I am glad you like Maji, it's fun Rping him!

I also like feeding spiders. :3

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:58 pm

I never had spiders, but I did have a couple of rats when I was a teenager. They're super cool, but I'm much more of a dog person :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Dogs are much more better to snuggle with than a pink toe tarantula. You always know the tarantula is just there for the body heat.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:32 pm

I guess I should clarify that I feed wild spiders, I sadly never had a trantula.

I love my dog. She's so sweet, timid, and shy. Since we had moved the food bowls into my bedroom for a few days, she was waiting for me to go into the bedroom so she would eat/drink. :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:36 pm

d'awwwwwww! My mum's dog used to be like that - never used to want to eat unless someone was in the room with her :lol:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:48 pm

I've housed and fed thousands of spiders, but the only true pet is Fluffy the Chilean Rosehair.

+Edit: That was me, not Korrik. He finds them gross, but has had some squirrels that he'd save nuts for.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Mom has the animals she watches over. They know her. But they're wild animals, and she respects that as they respect her. There's a pack of wolves who have basically adopted her. I used to play with the pups when I was a kid. They're friends. Her hawk, Clint, is her partner. He looks out for her at least as much as she helps him.

As I got older, I had more responsibilities and chores to do tending the shrine of Pelor with Dad. I didn't have much free time. But I did keep a little stash of scraps in my room. Bits of jerky, dried fruit, bread crusts, that sort of thing. There was a raccoon who would forage nearby, and I'd toss him a little something now and again. Eventually, he started coming right up to the window. A few times, he even knocked on it. But I never actually touched him. I named him Rocky because he often looked like a grey lump on the ground. (In daylight, anyway. He looked more like a bundle of warmth in my infravision.)

But, no, I've never had a pet.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:15 pm

That's really cool, wears :) thanks!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:19 am

It occurs to me that Varsk has had advantage on everything. I will just re-roll the last couple to see if anything changes!
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:24 am

Answer: ... Does Gwen count? Pulled her out of a river like a drowned rat and she's been following me like a lost puppy since... Don't tell her I said any of that, I don't think she'd realise it's a joke. But really, no, no pets. The clan had some hunting dogs and livestock animals, but no true pets.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:40 am

Hahahhahahhahaaa!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:52 am

My Brazilian pink toe was named Elizabeth Fang the Third. She turned out to be a male but didn't seem to mind the name, or for that matter respond to any verbal commands. :shrug:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:35 am

Today's question for you all:

What was the last thing you celebrated?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:39 am

A comfortable night spent in the hospitality of the druids. Before that, the successful acquisition of our store's physical location.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:55 am

Closure of a long overdue contract, with full payment.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:37 am

"I had partied in a sacred place very recently. Before that, I may or may not have gotten a bit drunk at the last Spring festival. The details are not important, buuuut I may have tried to charm a noble."

----
Maji wipes his board. Festival at Vale. Had much mutton. Festival ruin by ape faced cultists. They tried to bring monster. Maji has a scribble of many squiggles with circles and triangles on and coming from them. After showing the board he wiped it. Enacted justice. Tasted good. He gives a stoothy grin, slightly sinister while the person reads the board. Suddenly he frowns and puts down. Don't burn monster in cave. Very bad. Still have nightmares. Not natural. Want kill all those monsters.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Never got around to answering yesterdays question, but Merric never had a pet, though the sight of birds have always brought joy to him.

The last celebration he did was meeting the true god when he rescued him, granted it wasn't that much of a celebration.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:53 pm

The completion of my training. It took years of study and labor to earn the right to be ordained as a paladin. The ceremony ended with a party. Pretty much the whole village showed up to congratulate me and to wish me good travels. We danced and sang and played games and had a feast. The next day, I set out on the road that led me here.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:15 pm

A huge job that my brother and I took on. By all rights, we should have been caught six times over, but we managed to sneak through and netted a huge payout. We certainly lived it up that night. It wasn't until much later that I realized that it was my last successful job with him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler