The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:48 am

To Korrik: "I could attempt to neutralize the poison, but I'd need to rest to regain my magic. If that doesn't work, I'd have to amputate."

In Draconic: "Do you have one of the fey daggers? Knowing the poison would help. Healing him is a considerable challenge. I may fail. But I will try. I will need to gather my strength tonight before I attempt it tomorrow. If I can't stop the poison, I may have to remove the (*I don't remember where the wound is - leg?). His survival this long shows his strength and courage, but would you accept his rule if he could not walk? I will do what I can to help for tonight, but the real test for us both will be tomorrow."

Kal casts Cure Wounds, knowing it won't be enough, but better than nothing, then consults with Artho to see if they can think of any herbs that might be more effective.

(At least they'll have motivation to help us with the fey problem...)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 am

Lizard Group
"If you must wait, you must wait. But know that if he dies while you sleep, your life is forfeit.
We do not have any such weapons. When he returned, he was alone."

The lizardfolk who you saved in the swamp grunts.
"The ones that attacked us might have left something behind. Their bodies burned up, but there might be something if the beasts haven't scattered it all into the water by now. We can take a look but it would take most of a day to get there and back."

The elders looks thoughtful.
"It is a significant risk, but perhaps it will be worth it. Take two of our fastest remaining scouts and see what you can find."

Merric stands nearby, fidgeting with his salt-water bottle while Kal translates.

----------------------

Druid Group

Inside the hut:
► Show Spoiler
From the outside, Gwen sees the two lizardfolk who'd been snared in the garden finally break free and sprint towards the entrance of the hut to join their companions.

--------------------------------------------

Turn Order

Varsk <------
Syli
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran
Gwen
Mehriv
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:36 pm

"I think it's on you Kal... If you want, maybe the rest of us can stay up and keep watch on him, and wake you if anything changes?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Kal nods. (Did the cure spell have any noticeable effect? Was there a reaction/response to amputation?) He'll prepare Cure, Detect Poison, and Bless for tomorrow.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:02 pm

((Could Varsk ram, say, a great sword through the crack and into the foremost lizardfolk?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:12 pm

((Yes he could. I'll say both sides would probably be disadvantaged by the setting so go ahead with a straight attack roll))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:15 pm

WearsHats wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:02 pm Kal nods. (Did the cure spell have any noticeable effect? Was there a reaction/response to amputation?) He'll prepare Cure, Detect Poison, and Bless for tomorrow.
((Ah yes, those.))

Give me an insight check please.

Cure wounds helped knit the tissue together somewhat, but you would be able to see that it's only a temporary measure and that healing him will require more than a few HP.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:41 pm

Varsk switches quickly to his greatsword upon seeing the cracks opening in the door. He runs up and slams it through the gap into the body of the nearest, unsuspecting lizardfolk.

Great sword attack through door: 1d20+6 = [20] = 26
Damage: 4d6+4 = [5, 2, 1, 1] = 13

((Yeah crit! Boo crap damage.

DC 11 poison on the blade))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:02 pm

((What's your fighting style again? If it's great weapon master you can reroll 1s and 2s on damage))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:15 pm

((Nope, defense. Varsk was my first character ever so several of his features are not terribly well thought out. He uses nothing but great weapons but when I built him I chose the thing that I understood :D.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:18 pm

((Well, at least you didn't choose protection fighter on a guy who uses two handed weapons. :D ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:22 pm

((It was probably closer than I like to admit.))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:05 pm

Coyote Code seems to be down, so I went to random.org and rolled a d20 there.

Insight 1d20+3 = 17+3 = 20

I can't remember if I have another spell available today or if anyone in the party still needs it.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:17 pm

((Yeah, Coyote Code's been down for a while, most of use have been using M0rt's roller. It has a few quirks (rank orders dis/advantage rolls, etc.) but does the job. https://poke-roller.herokuapp.com/rolls/new ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:07 am

((... Oh heck, that door is sturdy. A 1-2 inch crack in the door is something I can fix with Mending. Unbreakable defense, anybody? XD
And no, I don't actually expect that to work. Though if nobody tells me not to I'm considering trying it.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:28 am

((1 minute casting time means your doing that for 10 rounds... Door probably comes apart around your ears before then.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:44 am

((I completely forgot there was a casting time to that.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:30 am

Lizard Group

Kal sees a flicker of disgust cross the faces of the elders at the mention of amputating the leg, and there is a hushed murmur of voices from those who are close enough by to overhear the conversation. A glance from one of the elders silences it. It seems it might be better than leaving K’tharis to die, but it would certainly not be their first choice.

Druid Group

Inside the hut:
► Show Spoiler
Syli takes a shot at the lizardfolk who's still fleeing south from the shed. It staggers as the arrow thuds deep into its flank, but it keeps running and makes it to the house where it escapes her and Gwen's line of sight.

Syli's attack:
► Show Spoiler
A bolt of lightning splits the sky in half overhead and a deafening crack of thunder explodes around the little clearing. In the flash of light, Gwen and Syli both see a pair of humanoid figures moving just inside the edge of the forest.

What Syli sees:
► Show Spoiler
Behind her, Gwen hears a cry of triumph and the thud of pounding footsteps as the snared lizardolk behind her finally breaks free of its bonds and gives chase!
► Show Spoiler
Gwen is up.

Turn Order

Varsk
Syli
Valemgadro
Vaceran
Gwen <------
Mehriv

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Gwen fires an eldrich blast at the lizardman following her, moving closer to the hut.

[1d20+6] = 13+6 = 19[1d10] = 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 pm

Gwen spins to fire an eldritch blast at her pursuer, but it goes wide and she keeps running. She's about halfway to the house, and the lizardfolk is about 50 feet behind her and coming up fast.

Mehriv is up.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:15 am

Mehr curses as the fire takes, moving so that he can see one of the lizards at the window and fires off a Firebolt at one of them.

1d20+3 = [16] = 19,
1d10 = [4] = 4
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:55 am

Mehriv moves towards the burning window, but can't see the lizardfolk from the angle he's at. If he wants to stick his head out to get a better look, he'll be at risk of burning himself from the flames licking up the window frame... (It's starting to burn up one side - it's not an inferno, but it's still fire).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:27 am

Hmm... Nah, instead he'll just prepare an action to cast the Fire Bolt if a lizard comes into view.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:54 am

Mehriv readies more fire to cast towards the existing fire and sits tight.
Inside the hut:
► Show Spoiler
((Varsk can take an AOO vs the lizardfolk who moves past him, and then it's his turn. He's in melee range with 2, there's the bleeding slingshot guy about 10 feet away, and another who's moved towards the bed to engage Mehriv and the elves. Also there's still fire south and inside of the window and in the window frame. Remember you can also trial you battle master stuff if you want. I forget how we said we'd do it, but I can dig it up when I'm back on a laptop))

Turn Order

Varsk <------
Syli
Valemgadro
Vaceran
Gwen
Mehriv

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:30 pm

Varsk hacks at the lizardfolk rushing past and shouts,

"Got one inside, deal with it. Got these. Probably."

AoO: 1d20+6 = [17] = 23
AoO damage: 2d6+4 = [5, 2] = 11

Varsk turns his attention to the large one sizing him up and swings...missing.

1d20+6 = [3] = 9

((Anyway of moving to block a shot from the slinger without provoking an AoO?

The manuevers were a DC 10 Athletics/Acrobatics check.))