The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun May 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Without hesitation, Shossk pulls the lever!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 26, 2019 2:40 pm

((If no one else has anything further to try, they are welcome to as Korrik recovers, at least making sure his arm is functional again.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun May 26, 2019 2:45 pm

((Nothing Varsk can do poison wise? Probably reasonable that he is missing some key tools...?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 26, 2019 6:08 pm

"Hmm? Oh thank you. I'll see if it takes it as an offering."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Mehr shakes his head when Varsk says they could still sell the staff. "While we could do that, selling something which may or may not be cursed would hurt our store's reputation. Questionable goods from shady places, it doesn't do good for a business."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun May 26, 2019 10:20 pm

"Lots of places to sell it without it bein' connected to the store. I may a few people that'd be interested."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 27, 2019 1:05 am

Rodgeir wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:45 pm ((Nothing Varsk can do poison wise? Probably reasonable that he is missing some key tools...?))
((I don't honestly remember what it is, but you still have whatever you didn't use in the fight))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 27, 2019 1:28 am

"And if this thing curses the bearer to seek out the same bloody rites at these barbaric lizards? The trouble wouldn't be worth the coin."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 27, 2019 1:59 am

((@Thinks, I was mostly just going to keep working Varsk towards getting that poison maker proficiency he got when he went battle master. More just fluff to show his interest and progression. Maybe he can look for poisonous plants instead?))

Varsk looks up from rooting around in his bag at Mehr,

"Maybe, maybe not. Probably depend on how much coin we could get and whose problem it would end up being. You're the boss either way."

Scratching his side he will settle back again the tree and start cleaning and sharpening his weapons while they wait.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 27, 2019 2:01 am

((Sure, why not give me a nature check? You're in the Feywild though, so let's have it at disadvantage))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 27, 2019 2:04 am

Varsk will give the area around the meadow/glade a check for plants he could use before doing his sharpening...

Nature check: 2d20+3 = [18, 12]+3 = 15

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 am

Druid Group
Varsk looks around the glade for a bit, while the others focus on their own tasks. Most of the plants he sees seem fairly benign, recognisable as edible berries and goodberries for the most part. However, towards the edge of the glade, he finds a small patch of forest bathed in a strange, pale glow, as if the moonlight hasn't quite given way to the morning sunshine yet. The plants here seem to be a deep blue, tinged with violet, and while they look similar to the other plants in the glade, their colouring doesn't change when he takes them out of the shade. Without better knowledge of the plants, he can only guess what their effects might be, but he now has a small collection of Feywild plants from a Dusk Glade (Let me know what he'd feel like collecting (e.g. flowers, leaves, roots and/or berries, mostly for flavour) and we'll go from there).

Temple Group
Shossk pulls the lever and the door unlocks and swings open gently, sending a couple of hand-sized centipedes scattering away from the doorway in alarm. In front of him, he sees a small entryway with hooks on the wall for (presumably) cloaks, and recesses for boots and personal equipment. Some rusty pieces of metal and dusty fragments of leather remain, but by and large, anything left here has long-since rotted away. The jungle, for the most part, seems to have been kept outside and the temple itself is relatively clear. A small wooden door is closed to his right, and beyond the entrance hall, the building opens into a wider hall, lit from above by part of a large skylight.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 27, 2019 5:17 am

Varsk grunts with mild surprise at the interesting find before pulling all of the plants out by the root, trying to keep the plant as intact as possible. He will then bundle them up and wrap them in the (cleaned) shirt he got from the dead dwarf and set them on the top of his pack before returning to his sharpening activities. He makes a mental note to ask someone about them.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 27, 2019 5:25 am

((Did the elf guy taking care of the dragonborn (Look, it's late and I have trouble with names under normal circumstances) stay in the glade with us, maybe?))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 27, 2019 5:41 am

((He was gone when we woke up.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 27, 2019 5:55 am

"Did anything happen while I was meditating?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:06 am

Merric yelps in pain, likely louder than Korrik, grasping his hand trying to rub the pain away.

"I'm sorry the true god didn't deem you worthy.. That's really painful, the vial is definitely full of the corrupting energies of a false god! Let's destroy it in the true gods name!"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 27, 2019 7:16 am

Varsk doesn't look up from his sharpening to respond to Gwen,

"No."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 27, 2019 8:12 am

Shossk's eyes widen slightly as he takes a step back from the opening door. His caudal spines shiver and his tail swishes back and forth as a slightly levity begins to fill his chest. Lizardfolk don't tend to emote much to betray their thoughts and feelings, but this is nearly as excited as one could get!

"Tthe way is open!" Shossk calls up to the roof. He himself wastes no time stepping over the threshhold as He would urge Shossk onward to explore. He notes the immediate door on the right, but chooses to go forth into the main hall and to mentally note what he sees there as well.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:18 am

((Does Locke see Shossk enter the main hall through the skylight?))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon May 27, 2019 10:04 am

"Are you okay? Do you need me to tend any injuries? Perhaps I should make the next attempt?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 27, 2019 10:09 am

"It's fine... just my arm's a bit dodgy. Sure, be my guest." , Korrik will untie the rope, wincing and holding his arm.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 am

Dusk9 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:18 am ((Does Locke see Shossk enter the main hall through the skylight?))
It's pretty dim and shadowy. Give me a perception check :) But you have darkvision!

He sees the door open and light stream in from behind the silhouetted figure of his lizardfolk friend.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:11 pm

Seeing the window, Locke grins to himself.

"Hey pal, think I found a way-"

Then he sees the light shine in below, and hears the lizard's weird emotionless voice call out. Well nuts, that's no fun!

Crouching down, he clears off the fallen leaves and gives the room a look over from above. Just in case there's anything interesting or dangerous down there. Then, as Shossk enters the room below, Locke knocks on the window to get his attention.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Shossk's head jerks up, expecting trouble, but just sees his companion eyeing him from above. So Locke found another way in after all, though it didn't seem to matter much in this instance.

Shossk thought to offer him another calculated grin, but he might not see it from this distance. How else do other species commemorate success? Shossk blinks, then awkwardly raises a fist in the air and gives Locke a scaly thumbs up. After a three-count, he abruptly drops his arm and continues looking about the main hall.