Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Merric, let's have a dex save :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Your supposed to put the whole hand into the birds mouth while feeding it, right?

Merric dex save: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:24 pm

"What is this true god of which you speak? I don't believe I've encountered it my studies."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:32 pm

"So, we need to come to a decision ourselves. We don't know how long the Elders will need to make their own decision, so we have to work out whether we can afford to wait for them. The longer we wait, the more innocent may die. But we don't want to return quickly just to wait for the others... This is a struggle indeed, especially considering we cannot assume we will be contacted should we leave before the decision is made."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 am

Lizard Group

Merric turns round to talk to Korrik, holding the jerky in his fist. He's not paying much attention, and the hawk clearly has no experience in taking food from a hand. It swoops in a little enthusiastically, grabbing a chunk of jerky and taking a chunk out of Merric's hand (-1hp).

Artho calls out to Korrik:
"You see a trail? Can we follow it?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:13 pm

To Tam:

"So that old druid isn't here? And I'm going to guess that you don't know how close his place is to anythin', right?

There isn't a single druid here that knows that area better that could help you?"

To Mehr:

"I am pretty confident I can get us back to the tree I (glances at those gathered)...we spent the night in after I got...separated. We got our invitation there.

That said I am up for givin' it a day more. We're gonna need help from someone to save anyone without gettin' killed ourselves. Always try Trip's crew if the druids don't pan out."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:09 am

"One day training here to allow time for a decision to be made and the others to handle their scouting... It's certainly not a terrible idea. Do we have any opposition?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:57 am

((Rodgeir - just to clarify, who are you talking about? The super old guy who lives in the acid swamp alone? Yeah, he's the last druid out there that Tam knows of. There are probably others elsewhere, but you were asking before about folk who live near the acid river.

... I think anyway, unless I'm misremembering.

Your guide from last night (the massive guy) is still around somewhere you assume.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:40 am

((Varsk is talking about the the old druid but is giving Syli an opening to note that the panther druid is here too, who probably knows something about the Lizardfolk disposition and a few nearby trees.

Varsk mostly doesn't just want to hop to the old druid's place and find it is 3 weeks from where they need to be.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:28 am

((yup, that would certainly be suboptimal :) ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:33 am

"Hmm. Does a day past faster here? Wherever here is? I think we should wait for thier decision, they may aid us in our quest. One way or another."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Korrik struggles a bit to pull the stick out of the thick mud, but eventually manages to wrestle it free and heads southwards following the bird's line-of-flight.

It doesn't take too long before he spots a similar, unnatural stick standing upright on its own in the mud, and he heads towards it. Unfortunately, while the probing stick does a good job, it doesnt alert him to a hidden hole off to his left and he plunges into it, stumbling to his hands and knees. He keeps his head out the water, but he's soaked through and very dirty. His sore hand aches in protest.

A little shoal of fish startles and jumps out the water about 10m away.

Artho calls over:
"Is everything ok, Korrik? We cannot see you from here."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:20 pm

"Yeah, just fell in a bit."

I haul myself out and resume probing.

"Think I found the stick the hawk pulled the marker from."

I return to where I pulled the stick and look too the north (?) to see if there is another in that direction.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:44 pm

((Ok, I'll take perception with advantage.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Artho seems to figure out what Korrik's doing, and helps him look. A little way (roughly 60 feet) further west of where you entered the area you spot a pair of sticks on the bank of the pool, with what you think are the same weathered and dirty bits of cloth attached. The ground looks a little higher and drier over in that direction, and it might be an easier crossing than climbing everyone through the tree like Korrik did.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:54 pm

"See if you can make it to me! Make sure to h grab my stuff, you can use my staff to make sure there isn't a hole!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:59 pm

"Well, as we are to wait, I am going to spend my time training. I suggest everyone maintain some distance from me." Mehr moves to a relatively secluded space and takes a seat. Sorcery involves the manipulation of ambient energies, and so one must understand the manipulation just as a wizard must understand their incantations. Extending his senses, Mehr reaches out to the myriad lines of power in the surroundings, watching their movements. It could seem chaotic to the inexperienced observer, but there was some order to it all. There must be. Mehr intended to submerge himself in this knowledge and find that order, that he might one day master his sorcery.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:43 pm

While everybody goes thier seperate ways to train, Gwen hides her grin as she goes to hide somewhere secluded and disguises herself as part of a tree she leans against. She opens her book, covering it in a minor illusion if needed. She speaks softly and looks around constantly, learning frm the last instance this happened.

"Illah'gal ifantu angam onp'lyl flemgen uun fatagun eyaah eyey...ect ect"
Deep speech
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:37 am

Merric forgets the argument with Korrik as Kal asks him about the true god.

"Really? Gwen didn't tell you of the true god, the grandest being in this world and beyond? The one she serves just like me. She really is as bad as I suspected! But she must be part of his plan as the true god is wise beyond measure and equally benevolent. He touched me and granted me just the slightest hint of his great power as I plummeted into the depths north of Ceto's reach".

Merric gets an unusual cold stare and shivers for a moment as he mention being in the depths north of Ceto's reach but seemingly shakes it off himself as he continues.

"He brought me back from the depths and in return I've devoted my life to his worship, the one true god that actually exist and takes part in this world of dread and dead. For my worship he grants me gifts no normal mortal could even dream about and guides me towards bettering this world with his visions."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Kal ponders this information, thinking back on his studies while trying to understand what's behind the strange ramblings.
► Show Spoiler
"I... See," he says, shaken. "You are demon touched, and it has affected your mind. I have a spell that might help, but you'd have to be willing to let me try. That you say it has also touched Gwen is disturbing news."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:54 am

Merric stares at Kal with dropped jaw and confusion

"Wait, wha... huh.. what? I just told you it's the true god not some feeble fiend. I would never serve such a creature that just want to spread fire through the world! And I need no spell that will remove his embrace from me! It's the only thing I have!"

Merric suspiciously watches Kal making sure he won't get too close.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:12 am

(Waiting on info from the religion check to see what Kal knows about the nature of this "true god" in general and if Ceto's Reach means anything in particular. Are Korrik and Artho in earshot of this conversation?)

► Show Spoiler