The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:03 pm

There's about 5-10 m out the front, so call it 30 feet. Round the back, it would be closer to 5-10 feet. In the clearing, there's a lot of scrub and rotten trees,with the forest proper building up in density the further away you go from the hut. There's some pots and maybe an old wheelbarrow lying around, but it's pretty clear that everything here is slowly being taken over by nature.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:37 pm

((I'll use the staff to bring it along side...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:20 pm

((korrik does that easily))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Kal checks the pendant.

ETA, now that I'm at an actual computer:
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:14 pm

Mehr places the mirror on the bed, then takes a distance as requested. "... Syli. Would you be capable of using your skills to evade detection while being transported here the same way we first arrived? I will ask you to go request permission only if you are sure you can do so."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:43 am

"Gonna be honest here. If you are expectin' those druid elders to give you a yes within a couple hours your dreamin' and I'm not sure sending Syli away for half a day when its possible the kobold can come tonight is...tactically sound. If we don't all go we gotta plan for a fight. I'm gonna scout out there a little ways and try and hide our tracks."

Varsk lets Mehr ponder that while he follows the kobold tracks into the forest proper 20 meters looking for signs of additional kobold tracks meeting with those that he already has found and then beginning the process of hiding his and the other's tracks around the hut. Making sure to leave the kobold's and a few of Vaceran's.

Survival - following tracks and hiding tracks: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [6, 16]+2 = 18

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:24 am

"We don't need the elders, any with their trust can grant permission. But we still don't have time, do we? Staying here puts us all at risk, but leaving is abandoning those two to their deaths. I cannot condone such action. But asking everyone to face danger for their sakes isn't just... Elders, what am I to do with this?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:20 pm

"That's not the only options though. We can bring them with us, cover our tracks. If we make it look like that he is already dead, they wouldn't try to kill him. They may try to burn this place down.
But if we have to stay or leave, I would rather stay and fight them off, at least give them a chance.

...There is another option but you wouldn't like it. It would involve me disguising as the old dragonborn and leading them away from this place. It's not one I look forward to, but it is an option. If we stay, we must make sure that we get him to the sanctuary afterwards, they will probably come back in larger number tomorrow night."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:26 pm

"If we can convince the elder to move, perhaps. But I'll not have you running off alone. You'll just take an arrow or spear and be done."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:48 pm

"I will try my best to convince the elder to move. If I cannot then we may have to stand our ground."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:54 am

Lizard Group

Kal unhoops the pendant from around the charred neck and takes a look at it. It appears to be a fairly large circular medallion made of dark, tarnished silver on a similarly darkened silver chain. On one side, the medallion is marked with the profile of a crow's (or raven's) head with an upside-down crown around its neck. Behind the large medallion, a smaller piece of bone has been carefully threaded through the same chain. The bone is etched marked with the now-familiar symbol of the black dragon, but there is no evidence of any blood marking this one.

There is no religious meaning to either symbol that Kal knows of (but you're all welcome to make history checks if you'd like, assuming Kal shows the others the symbols).

Other than that, the body and clothes appear to have been badly burned up and there is nothing of particular value left to salvage.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:58 pm

"Do any of you recognize these markings? I don't know much from outside of home, but if you want to brainstorm I might be able to jog your memory."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:41 am

Good thing I checked my skills, I forgot Merric was proficient in history :lol:

"He kinda looks like the guy that moved past our camp last night."

Merric history: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:58 am

(Does he get advantage if Kal is helping?)

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 am

Not for knowledge checks like this- you know what you know really :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:31 am

Druid Group
Vaceran holds the cup of tea under the old man's face, letting the steam receive him a little until he's aware enough to drink the rest of it. Gradually, he begins to wake up, but as predicted, he is not calm and speaks frantically in draconic. Mehriv understands:

"They killed me! They imprisoned you... The visitors... Did they come? We will live...I must meet them, or we have died... You..."

He looks at Vaceran and the words blend into a howl of anguish and pain and he begins to sob. Vaceran holds the old dragonborn and tries to comfort him, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:40 am

Gwen goes up to the dragonborn, not knowing what he's saying. "Sir? Are you okay?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:15 am

At the howl Varsk will look towards the hut during his hiding of tracks and minor scouting but will continue his work.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 am

((Let's have a straight CHA check from Gwen. (Don't forget the advantage) ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:12 am

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:42 pm

thinkslogically wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 am Not for knowledge checks like this- you know what you know really :)
Fair enough. I said "brainstorming" because I figured maybe Kal could fill in some detail that would help jog someone's memory. Seemed more likely than him knowing the whole thing. But, yeah, this is straightforward enough. Either you recognize it or you don't.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:53 pm

If you were in a library or something, then yeah, you could help each other research and stuff, but I think this is easier as a general rule, just to keep things simple during fieldwork :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:11 am

Mehr approaches slowly, speaking calmly in draconic, placing a hand on Gwen's shoulder to calm her, "If we be the visitors you await, then we have come, esteemed elder. We intend to face the coming assault to remove you to a safer place."

Cha: (6, 17) + 3 = 20
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Druid Group

Gwen approaches the man, speaking gently enough that she doesn't startle him. However, it is Mehriv speaking in draconic that gets his attention. He tries to see, his rheumy eyes struggling to make out the people in front of him and he clutches to Vaceran's arms as he pulls himself to his feet.

"NO! I must stay! It is necessary... it must...

Suddenly, he seems to see Gwen and grabs her, holding onto the tops of her arms with a surprising amount of strength, his bright golden eyes flashing with a sudden light, and boring into hers as his claws dig into her arms, rather painfully.

In Deep Speech:
"You! Khyzal's Bane... You have come!

He releases Gwen and grabs hold of Mehriv.

In draconic:
"And you! Son of Barethi... You have come! ...Where are the others? It cannot just be two of you... Vaceran! There must be more!

Varsk sets to work covering their tracks around the garden, taking care not to cover Vaceran's tracks and make anything look too obviously hidden.

-------------------------------------

Lizard Group
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Gwen thinks about what he said, who is Khyzal? int check? : 2D20.HIGH(1)-1 = [13, 6]-1 = 12

She replies to him in deep speech. "Please not so roughly. Do you know what I seek? Where to find it?" If she doesn't know who Khyzal is she asks "Who is Khyzal?"