The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:31 am

Kal hears a painful grunt from the north, then silence again as Korrik crouches into the bottom of the boat, palming his darts.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:48 am

"Was that an angry, 'I'm gonna eat you' grunt?"
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:03 am

Ah, opening outward means they'll be in full view when stepping inside, so having Mehr off to the side is fine. Stops them from shooting in through the door at him.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:09 am

Oh! Almost forgot. After Gwen gets to position she will use disguise self to make her look more leafy so she blends in easier.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 am

((sure thing. Also, did you want to leave a light on in the shed to make it obvious "someone" is in there?))

Korrik doesn't hear any grunts at all.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:01 am

((Yep, light on. Mehr will need it. Where can we put it so people looking in the window won't spot Mehr immediately?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:34 am

((ok, so there's the garden tool shed (marked with the red square on the map), which is full of oil and Gwen's decoy person; then there's the house, which is where Mehriv, Varsk, Vaceran and the old dragonborn currently are.

If you want to set up lights in the front yard or anything, you can have done so (you'll have whatever you guys are already carrying, plus maybe two additional lanterns from Vaceran if you want them). There is a lantern for the shed, and another plus candles for the main house))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:45 am

((However many lights Vaceran says are normal for them, don't want to be suspicious!))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:59 am

((They probably wouldn't normally keep any lights on outside to be fair unless Vaceran was having issues with wild animals. A couple of lanterns wouldnt be super suspicious, but darkness would be more usual, especially in a storm. Up to you.

Let me know if you want to have the shed lit up or not, and then we'll move on))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:59 am

((I don't want to decide for everyone but Varsk would so... light on inside. Not entirely certain of the plan with the shed but without a light they probably won't be drawn to it, so light there too. Latern, no open flames!))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:07 pm

Set up the lanturn in the shed so it looks like its occupied.

The plan on the shed is to draw many in and then light it up.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:21 pm

((ok, cool. I mean, it's still just a shed, so it's not going to fit a ton of people inside, but I get what you're going for)).

Druid Group
As the evening draws on, everyone waits in quiet anticipation of what might be coming through the woods tonight...

I'll take single-roll perception checks from anyone keeping watch please (the weather & darkness will cause disadvantage, but is offset by your ongoing faerie advantage).

((Let me know who's taken what potions too please (or if they've been left out on the countertop), and where exactly the contact poison has been applied (if anywhere) ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 pm

((Varsk will take - Regular poison: DC 11 and 1 one DC 16 and all the paralytics unless someone really wants one.))

From his spot by the western window he will peer out into the darkness, listening intently.

Perception: 1d20+4 = [19] = 23

((Missed the note line as it wrapped on my phone but it's Varsk's only roll on Mort's roller))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:34 pm

(Darkness won't affect gwen, so how would that work?)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Darkness won't, but the rain and trees will.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:40 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:33 pm

thinkslogically wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 am Korrik doesn't hear any grunts at all.
Korrik waits impatiently in the boat. He can't help but wonder what the others are up to, it seems ages since they'd parted ways with Mehr and the others... long enough ago that he can't recall if there was ever a good reason to.... Wherever they are, and whatever they are up to has got be more interesting that paddling through the middle of nowhere waiting for lizards to pop out and try to kill you or pop out and say they want to be your new best friend.

:halfling sigh:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm

((from Korrik's perspective, it's been about 24 hours hasn't it? I forget. Maybe it's been 48 hours :) either way, I was waiting for Kal to post, but I'll take votes from you and theis if you prefer. Assuming Kal mentions it, Merric would know the grunts came from about the same direction as he heard them before. The snapping sound is from a different location ))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 pm ((Missed the note line as it wrapped on my phone but it's Varsk's only roll on Mort's roller))
You should PM him and write "YOUR ROLLER SUCKS ON PHONES!" with no more context than that, he'll know I put you up to it even if you don't mention me :p

Merric will direct the others close enough to step on land and hop off the boat to meet and greet with the lizardfolk. He'll coat himself in his icy protection (casting armor of agathys)
He will walk slowly towards the middle of the island with open arms to indicate being peaceful and unarmed. He'll try to spot one of them and send his message telepathic as well.

"We come in peace and we can help your friend get better."

Can't roll at the moment
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Syli takes one Hallucenogenic Potion, leaving the other in the cabin for the others to use. She also grabs the Wyvern poison and one dose of the DC16 Basic poison.

Up on the roof, Syli crouched down, totem in one hand, and her bow in the other as she watches for threats, her eyes piercing the gloom to see what tried to hide within it.

Syli Perception (+5): 25 (CRIT!)

((CoyoteCode's down, eh? At any rate, I also still have that dose of Flying Snake Venom from back in 2017, so I'm pretty well-kitted up here. Based on how the other poisons are working, I'm guessing it's the same application as the other injury poisons at 3d4 damage? Although I couldn't hazard a guess at the save DC, it's probably not that strong))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:09 pm

(According to dndbeyond, flying snake posion does not have a save)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:49 pm

((that's when the monster uses it tho. For this, I'll say DC15 save and it does 2d4 damage (plus whatever the base weapon damage is) cos it's just an application rather than being fully injected by fangs. Syli did really well on the harvesting if I'm remembering right though, so that's worth something)).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:30 pm

... I decided to try Unseen Servant. Per: [1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2
Nat 1. >.>

Since Mehr just uses magic, no need for poison.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:38 am

Kal signals that he heard a scream from the north and he wants to check it out.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Merric perception: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13

Just in case it is still needed.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread