The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 22, 2018 7:09 am

Varsk will give Gwen a encouraging smile and nod, more than happy to let her and Mehr sit down and dig in first.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue May 22, 2018 10:03 am

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check, but I doubt there's anything of interest.

Artho, what do you know of the Blackmaw clan? Or what lies to the North?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 am

As soon as Kal doesn't forbid me, I'm scurrying up the tree to check things out.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:00 am

Merric will send a friendly blessing to the lizardman hoping the true god will protect him.

"Should we try gather the support of the various tribes in order to remove the false god from existence?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue May 22, 2018 11:04 am

Syli hangs back, lingering with Goroth. In druidic, she asks, "So, do you believe us now?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 22, 2018 2:51 pm

((Varsk's 18 perception on checking these people out is on the previous page, so it doesn't get lost.

Also what does druidic sound like.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 22, 2018 4:15 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 am As soon as Kal doesn't forbid me, I'm scurrying up the tree to check things out.
Not sure I'll have time to update tonight, but I'll take an investigation check.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 23, 2018 1:57 am

((Rodgeir, you know these could be other guests of the druids, rather than druids there to see to the guests' needs, yeah? May have just hunted food to stew for themselves. That's why Mehr's not approving.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 23, 2018 3:35 am

((I did not consider that! Though either way Varsk isn't keen on being the first to join them and certainly not the first to eat. He was trying to send/manipulate Gwen into interacting with them while he watched and judged the situation. Works as well with Mehr but he is the boss so you wouldn't be Varsk's first choice.

In character I didn't picture Varsk standing right behind them and talking though, I had them still a ways off and our group on the edge the camp area. I was visualizing a fairly large camp area from the description but I dunno? Trying to convey Varsk's paranoia as best I can.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Druid Group

"But we should figure we are always bein' watched? For our own protect of course."
Goroth shrugs.
"You will be seen, but I doubt any will watch you. As long as you respect the forest no-one will pay you much attention. Your visit is little more than the falling of a leaf to most of the people who dwell here."

With a curt nod, Goroth turns and moves to leave. Tam has already scampered over to the harpist with a look of deep concern, and is offering his help to repair the instrument. The woman seems appreciative.

Varsk wanders closer to the fire. The group seem friendly enough, and are dressed casually in normal travelling clothes. Their packs and armor are stowed neatly near one of the broader trees, as well as a bow and quiver of arrows. A closer look suggests that the woman may be a half elf, but it's difficult to tell.

"Hey, you hungry Gwen? This looks good."
"Do not simply invite yourself, Varsk. These people have worked to prepare their meal."
"Of course, how rude of me. After you boss!"
"I will offer apologies for my... Less amiable companion. Do you mind sharing your fire?"

"Not at all friend, not at all! Make yourselves comfortable! We were just preparing a meal, but you're welcome to the fire when we're done. Shouldn't be long now!"

In orcish: "It does look good. I am feeling peckish."

Syli catches Goroth's elbow:

"So, do you believe us now?"
"I believe that you have found something of concern, but the elders will judge your interpretation."

----------------------------------------

Lizard Group

As no-one makes any attempt to stop him, the lizardfolk takes another cautious couple of steps away from the group, then turns tail and sprints off to the north, back towards his warcamp.

Well! That went a lot forkin' better than I had any reason to think it would!
Do we want to see if there is anything in the guardpost worth noting before we take off?"

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check, but I doubt there's anything of interest.

Artho, what do you know of the Blackmaw clan? Or what lies to the North?"

"Our new friend's stronghold is to the north and I imagine he is being summoned back there. The blackmaw clan may be who we are searching for, though the translation is not one I have heard. Regardless, his warning is one I think we should take seriously. We must find somewhere defensible tonight where we can keep watch. This guard post might do, if that fellow doesn't simply betray us and send his compatriots back to find us. Still, I fear that night will be upon us any moment and we may be hard pressed to find anywhere better."

Korrik waits just long enough for permission from Kal, then springs up the tree into the guardpost. He finds a barrel of water under a fixed rain-catcher, but little else. The tree trunk is marked with the blood-red claw sigil that you are now quite familiar with, and a few streamers and skulls have been used to decorate the place. Otherwise there is very little here, and you wonder if it has been kept spartan out of a distaste for the new power that has risen in the clan, or if they simply don't care. The walls of the guard post seem sturdy enough, and it will provide good cover from the ground at least, if not from the trees.

Merric sends a friendly blessing after the lizardfolk, and feels a vague wave of amusement tingle through his mind.

"Should we try gather the support of the various tribes in order to remove the false god from existence?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Varsk remains back a ways from the fire. Glancing back he wonders what Syli and Goroth are chatting about before returning his attention to the interactions around the fire.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Mehr glances at the harp, "I can repair that quickly, if you wish, or more accurately return it to an undamaged state. If the string is frayed it may take several castings, but it comes at no difficulty."

If the woman accepts, Mehr moves to lay a hand over the harp, casting Mending on it, however many times need be.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 23, 2018 4:07 pm

"Oh! I... Well, thank you! We had an unfortunate encounter with an owlbear a few days ago and the frame got cracked. I've been trying to keep it from getting worse, but the heat and humidity isn't ideal. It's not a particularly fine instrument, but I am rather fond of it."

Mehriv takes the instrument and looks it over. The crack is quite obvious, but the wood has started to swell a little where the moisture has got into it. The mending spell works its magic, fixing the crack and a couple of broken strings, but there's a bit of an obvious bulge where the wood has warped.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Mehr frowns at the warping, "Hrm. Well, I fixed the break, but... I had expected more success than this. That should prevent further warping, but is it possible to repair the water damage already done?"
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 24, 2018 7:08 am

"If we rig it so the guard post can't be easily reached from nearby trees, it wouldn't make a bad spot to spend the night... if our new friend doesn't send others back here. If we go stumbling about in the dark woods looking for somewhere to spend the night, I'm afraid I won't be much help."

((While on the path to a Shadow Monk, I can't see in the dark yet..))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 24, 2018 12:34 pm

The woman carefully plucks at the strings and smiles broadly at Mehriv.

"No, this will do nicely! Thank you! I wish I had something to offer in return that would be of use, but we don't have much of anything of value... A song perhaps?"

She begins to tune the harp.

"What brings you to this place anyway? We don't often see many mages out here."

----------------------

Korrik muses over their situation. At the mention if the darkness, Artho frowns.

"Ah yes, I had forgotten. Well, perhaps this is the best place to stay then... It is at least off the ground."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 24, 2018 12:36 pm

"Merric, unless your... god... lets you see at night real good, you and I should split the first and last watches between us, and let the elven eyes take the middle shifts."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Varsk sidles closer to the campfire, glances at Mehr, and says,

"While your tunin' up for your song you can tell us a bit about what you've seen gettin' here. Any angry lizardfolk?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:01 pm

"He didn't indicate he would bring us trouble so this is a better place than many others. Doubt they'll search their own guard post for intruders so might be the safest bet."

Merric will climb up into the assumed safety of the guard post.

"Merric, unless your... god... lets you see at night real good, you and I should split the first and last watches between us, and let the elven eyes take the middle shifts."

"Sadly not a power he has bestowed me, he have granted me the power to be within people and commune with all living beings. I guess I could get inside the pointy eared folk and see through their eyes and have no problems, besides walking a bit funny. Though I sense my gifts might change soon. Being within people does not help vanquish a pretender to his true power, which must be done swiftly as to not tarnish the true gods repute and bring his wrath upon the this whole land!"

Merric will prepare for his nightly ritual and if no one requires any form of answer from him, he'll dip his head in his bowl of sea water to commune with his god and ask for guidance in his quest to appease it.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 24, 2018 6:34 pm

"We are here to rescue kidnapping victims of the lizardmen. Unfortunately the lizards are proving more numerous, prepared, and vicious than anticipated. Learning of some odd events, we came to meet with the druids in hopes they could provide aid."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 25, 2018 8:02 am

((Will the lizard group be making any extra preparations for the evening? Otherwise I'll take perception checks for the watches now.))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 am

Might try to hide our presence a bit before we go to sleep I think. Here's Merrics perception and I assume stealth to keep hidden.

Merric perception: 1D20+1 = [13]+1 = 14
Merric Stealth: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 25, 2018 8:43 am

I'll take survival again (as a group check) if you want to try and disguise the guard post? If you're just looking to hide yourselves individually, I'll take stealth tho.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:08 am

Is it fine to use my stealth roll for that? :shifty:

Otherwise here's a sucky survival roll :lol:

Merric survival: 1D20-1 = [9]-1 = 8
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked