The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Merric will reach out to the others mentally asking them about how to proceed. He also shrugs at Artho to indicate he can do other things

"I could show myself and let him come to me, maybe try communicate with him to see if it knows what the true god seeks."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:22 pm

"Use Merric as bait, and take him out if he comes investigating?"

((Did I see him see me see him? Or did he not see me see him?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:26 pm

((your eyesight isn't that good, but you know your own skills well enough to know that you are pretty well hidden at the moment. You didn't see him looking out at all, just getting a fright and moving a bit))

"...and what's stopping him from just shooting you?" hisses Artho.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:58 pm

"The true god"

Merric will look for the lizardfolk trying to see if he is within range of his telepathic ability (30 ft) He'll also start to distance himself from the others but keep them within telepathic range

Merric perception: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:26 pm

"...or we shoot him first?"

I ready my shortbow.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:34 pm

"I'd rather not shoot first," the paladin replies quietly. "Especially if we're hoping to get information from lizardfolk tribes that haven't been... Influenced... by whatever it is that's changed the ones we met."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:39 pm

"Except this is more of the same sort."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:23 pm

No further actions from Mehr.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Druid Group

The Druid group leaves the pool behind and heads west, walking deeper and deeper into the forest. As you walk, strange shapes seem to flit in and out of your peripheral vision, only to vanish as soon as you turn to look at them. The ground stays dry and flat, but the further in you go, the more oppressive the forest seems to feel. The sounds of the birds and animals begin to grate on your senses and you find yourselves becoming increasingly irritated by it and still the things flit around the edges of your vision, unsettling and distracting. Suddenly a piercing howl shrieks through the trees and a wave of fear surges inside each of you.

((I'll take a save from everyone please. Pick any stat from CHA / WIS / INT ))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

Some hushed discussion is suddenly interrupted by an arrow thrumming from the guard post into a thick tree root just in front of Merric's foot.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:29 pm

My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:32 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:34 pm

((Assuming I don't have visual, I'd like to move to where I do and return fire if it's possible?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 pm

"I guess that answers that," Kal mumbles softly. He'll move into a position where he can fire from cover, and, when he can, return fire.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:43 pm

((You guys will know that if the guard post is anything like the last one, shooting up at anyone in it will be almost impossible unless you are ready when they break cover to shoot. You can try to guess where the shot came from, then hold an action to trigger a shot when you see them reappear though? You've got a major disadvantage as an attacker from down here.

If you want to try pulling all that off, I'll take an investigation check from anyone trying to work out where the arrow came from))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Syli Wisdom Save (+5): 10

((Ah. There's the other shoe))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:40 pm

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Druid Group

The piercing howl sends shivers down your spine, but most of you are able to steel yourselves and shake it off. It's just a wild animal's call, nothing to be afraid of. You've faced worst.

Nonetheless, something about the cry roots Syli to the spot, and she falters. Whatever's out there... it's big, and it's hunting them, she's sure of it. As she scans around, trying to control her breathing, she catches a glimpse of a bright white... thing disappearing behind a tree ahead of them. She cannot bring herself to move further ahead.

((Syli can make another saving throw; the rest can act freely for now))

------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

((Waiting on decisions / rolls))

-------------------------------------

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:36 pm

I peer up through the leaves.

Investigation time!: 1D20 = [17] = 17
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Korrik works out more or less where the arrow must have been fired from and sneaks his way into a position where he thinks he can see a gap in the barricade.

((Would you prefer to take Monk 3 or Rogue 1 for your next level?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:00 pm

((Monk 3, I'd like to get to the class archetype stuff before I start doing any multi stuff.))

I'll draw an arrow halfway back, waiting for an opportunity.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:07 pm

((Cool stuff. Still going for Way of Shadow, right?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:19 pm

((Yeah, Shadow. I'm considering IF I'm still wanting to pick up rogue, there just isn't an easy place to take it, monks get something useful at every level, so finding a point delay taking another monk level is tricky. I may just PLAY him more rogue like, which Shadow already lends itself too, and he has thieves tool proficiency already. I may also consider what other thief options XGtE brings, as I was originally thinking Thief, but there might be others that would fit better.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:46 pm

((Yeah, I had a quick look through the monk's progression table and couldn't see anywhere obvious to take the dip. But, you can be perfectly rogue-like without it so whatever you prefer. I've not played a monk, so I don't know how useful the level 20 ability to regain 4 ki points from empty is, but then again, level 20 is a VERY long way away :D ))

((While we're here - Does Kal want to dip ranger now or continue to Paladin 3? He was going for Oath of the Ancients, right? (the nature one) ))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Syli came to an abrupt halt, likely sending the others crashing into her, as the howl echoes through the trees. She was certain the others didn't quite comprehend just what they might be up against, the subtle yet terrible power that had already been on display, and just what they might be walking into. Her totem was quickly in hand as she whipped about, scanning her surroundings. Something had seemed off the entire journey, and her mind's eye played out a horrific scene of a bloody ambush, half-feral creatures with civilized cunning tearing them apart as little more than midday snack. After all, why would these druids be interested in helping them, rather than helping themselves to a meal?

Yet there was an inner, child-like petulance that starting to boil forth. She wasn't interested in losing face, either to her companions OR to these idiots. Forcing herself to breathe more steadily, she tried to make her impromptu halt seem more deliberate, her scans of the surrounding forest becoming more steady and focused and she tried to steel her resolve. "Alright..." she hissed through gritted teeth. "Just what do you think you're playing it?"

Wisdom Save (+5): 24
Perception Check (+5): 17

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:57 pm

(We're driving home from Florida today and tomorrow. 1100 miles. Limited availability.

Kal would like to go ranger, but has to wait until he has the extra point of wisdom required to take the class. And apparently he can't gain the point and dual class at the same time, so he has to wait.

Unsure of best approach to taking down the guard. Unless there's a good way to climb up to the tower.)

► Show Spoiler