The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:11 am

"Varsk. There are no local lizardman tribes. There is no local anything, here. If I take it right, this place is not really a place. It is nowhere, and everywhere, relative directions have no meaning. Tam, do you know of the place called Hightown, or perhaps of Rhul?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:11 am

"How far away is the tribe then?"

Merric grumbles as he also tries to figure how earnest he is in his suggestion or just doesn't get how important this is.

Merric insight: 1D20-1 = [10]-1 = 9
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:43 pm

Varsk will rub his face tiredly.

"Okay, should have figured it was too easy. Got to throw some magic planar travel in just for kicks and giggles. But for that to be the case how did the council know about the scales by the river unless they got someone watching it."

He looks over at Tam,

"Tam, you know anyone here now that hangs out in the area by the big acid river? South east of side of it where starts to melt damn near everything? We know at least one druid was in the area since they gave us directions to it."

((I missed that we had done some plane jumping Dlover, thanks for pointing that out.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:05 am

((I'm only guessing at that being a thing. But it seems like the most reasonable guess to make.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:43 am

((you can make nature checks if you'd like))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:23 am

((Eh, don't need to know the specifics, really. I'll save my luck for the future. :P))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:36 am

Varsk checks to see if things feel.. you know...other planar?

Plane check: 1D20 = [18] = 18

((Don't know the exact roll here but +2 for survival, +3 for arcana or +4 for perception.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:54 am

Gwen goes to the people at the pot. "Hello! My name is Gwen. How long have you been in this place and why are you here?"

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Syli blinks twice, dumbfounded. For a few moments, she just stares at Rue, trying to determine if the dwarf druid was serious or simply messing with her...

Insight (+3): 20

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:39 pm

Druid Group

Varsk, Tam and Mehriv chat:

"Do you know the name of the local Lizardfolk tribes and where they have their villages? Otherwise I'm goin'to need some help pickin' a good tree to go to."
"...Where... do you mean by local?"
"Varsk. There are no local lizardman tribes. There is no local anything, here. If I take it right, this place is not really a place. It is nowhere, and everywhere, relative directions have no meaning. Tam, do you know of the place called Hightown, or perhaps of Rhul?"
"I've heard people tell stories about Rhul. I haven't seen it though, and I don't really want to."

"Tam, you know anyone here now that hangs out in the area by the big acid river? South east of side of it where starts to melt damn near everything? We know at least one druid was in the area since they gave us directions to it."

His grin fades, and he looks a little sad.

"Only one now. He's VERY old, but he's the only one left anywhere near the Blood river. Other folk might come and go, but no-one stays there."

While Tam talks, Varsk looks around him. If this place is in a different dimension, it's an awfully good replica of what seems to be a perfectly pleasant forest.

Gwen walks up to the pot and is characteristically blunt.

"Hello! My name is Gwen. How long have you been in this place and why are you here?"

The halfling cook looks a little taken aback; the other raises an eyebrow and grins. The woman keeps playing her harp, but smiles.

"Well... Hello, Gwen! I'm Baryon, and our chef for tonight is my little brother Freyd. Your musical entertainment is being provided by Ela, who is also our map-maker. Like Ela said a moment ago when you first asked us what we were doing here, we're doing some survey work for the Cartographer's guild out of Rhul, looking for interesting plants and insects and... actually, we'll probably be keeping an eye out for dragons now too. All right, I think we're done with the fire. Go ahead and set up your things for your meal, we'll make room!"

There's a few moments of commotion as bowls are gathered and pots are shifted and food shared amongst the three travelers. As Eva stops playing, the forest seems strangely quiet, as if the trees themselves had been listening.

----

Syli blinks, wondering if the dwarf was making some kind of joke, but she seems utterly sincere. She did turn into a jaguar after all...

"So what other shapes can you take?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

"How far away is the tribe then?"
"If we knew that, I'd be far less worried. I do not know."

As far as Merric can tell, Artho simply doesn't understand the importance of Merric's god-given task. Few people do.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:48 pm

"Blood river, eh? I guess that means the dragon's death is likely what caused the river to turn acidic. Why is it still so after so long, though? After a thousand years, the dragon's blood should have run out, or lost its acidity. Is it not actually dead?"
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Tam shrugs.

"It's just what the old man called it, I don't know why. I don't like visiting that part of the forest - it's a sad, hurt place."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:04 pm

"Indeed it is. For all who go there."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:11 am

Varsk considers the normal-ness of the trees for a bit then shrugs. Doesn't matter where they are at if Tam can get them to where they want to go.

"Tam, you think this old man would be willin' to help us? We're all about gettin' folks out of that sad hurt place."

((Thinks, I think you mean Syli blinks in the last update rather than Gwen ;) ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:14 am

((well spotted, thanks!))

"Tam, you think this old man would be willin' to help us? We're all about gettin' folks out of that sad hurt place."
"Oh he won't leave, I tried. He would probably help you though, especially if you said you'd been here."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:15 am

"How long have you been in this sanctuary?" Gwen looks around as the forest is stilled. "Are we allowed to hunt and gather food from here?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:18 am

Merric facepalms and keeps his hand there as he tries to collect himself before he starts ranting.

"You don't know.. You'd risk losing a divine gift to undertake a comparable worthless task that could take weeks if not months and let that gift fall into the hands of whomever else have been able to sense its presence?! Even the hopeless Gwen would be able to recognise the importance of this event as the true god does not give away his power willy nilly, but unlike the other supposed gods like Kord, the true god actually cares about his true disciples and guides us so we can feel his power and grow in everyway and keeps us save! He'll grant any power that he deems important to the survival of his disciple.

I'm going for his gift right away and get something that will surely help with the false god corrupting this swamp and the captured people. If you want to give it a chance you can try my link to the true god first, even though he may not answer you as the heathens you are. All you have to do is close your eyes, take a deep breath and stick your head in the water with an open mind and ignore the burning of the lungs as long as you can in order to delve deeper into any vision he may show you."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:24 am

Hearing Gwen's question, Tam slaps his forehead with his palm and rushes over.

"Oh! How stupid of me to forget already! Wait right here, if the elders say you are to be well fed, then well fed you shall be!"

Tam is on his feet and off, disappearing behind a tree and then completely out of sight.

Freyd looks up from his food.

"Who's the "elders"?"

------------------

((Merric, I'll take a persuasion check please))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:27 am

"The elders are the elders. The oldest and wisest of the druids. Well respected and trusted. Surely in your own cultures there are elders, too. Those who have gained life experience which they share. Even if those are only grandparents."
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:29 am

Merric persuation: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

Maybe I should be proselytizing more :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:36 am

Druid Group

Freyd: "You must be important then if they're speaking to you..."

His brother nudges and gives him a disapproving look.

"All right, it's none of my business, right enough. Just don't like all this talk of dragons and world-ending terror and such over dinner."

Eva looks up at Gwen and says, "We've only been here a couple of days. These two wanted to take the opportunity to investigate the local plants and such before we went back to the survey we're supposed to be doing. Luckily for them, I work fast so it shouldn't matter."

----------------

Lizard Group

Artho just stares at Merric and then looks desperately to Kal and Korrik for any kind of guidance.

"You are completely serious, aren't you? You... Can't just go out there alone! You won't last the day!"

((Also I keep forgetting to ask, but I'll need a CON save from Korrik please)).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:45 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:48 am

"Er... funny you should mention it..." Syli replies, jolted from her disbelief and sounding a bit sheepish. "You see, I only recently mastered the art of wildshaping, and with the frenzied pace my companions and I have been travelling... well, there hasn't been much time to expand on it and..."

"...well, what you saw is pretty much all I know, at this point." She finishes, sounding embarrassed.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Lizard Group

While Merric proselytizes, Korrik is distracted by the hot throbbing from his partially-melted thumb. It really doesn't feel any better since yesterday, and he's worried the pain is starting to spread up the rest of his thumb.

--------------------------------

Druid Group

"...well, what you saw is pretty much all I know, at this point."

There's another long pause while the dwarf continues to watch Syli with that unwavering stare. After a few seconds, she grins broadly.

"Would you like to learn? The first one is always the hardest."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Not paying full attention to Merric, other than that he's going on about his god again, I speak up, "I'd like to see if we can find someone who knows what the spoon is going on with the stuff from that vial... my thumb hurts like fork. That probably means lizard folk, should have asked our friend before he left."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler