Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:42 pm

"And I suppose you remember how to navigate this place?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:53 pm

((there's nothing stopping you from at least trying to go back the way you came in... It wasn't a long walk from where you arrived))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:46 pm

((Where we came in, no, but if we want to find our way to anyone else it's not too likely to work out. Plus that would get us back to where Valemgaldro was, and we don't know where that is in relation to where we originally were.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:23 am

((hang on- I think we're talking about different places. You guys arrived in the "entrance" of the Sanctuary last night via a tree-portal from Valemgadros but in the swamp. Tam took you from there to a little glade where you could sleep, and you've stayed there since. If you want to wander around the Sanctuary, there's nothing stopping you from doing that if you are bored of waiting. You can at the very least, leave the glade the way you came in.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:39 am

Mehr sighs, "This place is strange and unfamiliar, and I suspect we would easily become lost in it. We should decide together whether we plan to leave this glade to explore. I, personally, dislike the idea, but waiting here eternally would serve little purpose."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:01 am

"I suspect a fire would get a response quick enough from the locals."

He gives the trees where the voices are coming from a meaningful look.

"I'll look around for the old dragonborn's tracks to follow. He can't be that sneaky."

Survival: 1d20+4 = [6] = 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:22 am

Druid Group
Getting frustrated at the small creatures flitting around the trees nearby, Varsk discusses how fire might make the annoying problem just go away, but Mehr is rather more measured in his response and chooses to wait it out. After a short while, the giggling, singing creatures seem to get bored of their game and leave the little glade. Glad for the peace, Varsk takes a look around for Valemgadro's footprints and finds them easily enough, along with a set that could be Vaceran's. Both sets lead back in the direction you arrived from yesterday.

----------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group
Kal tosses the rope back to the group, where it's caught and held by Artho and Arok. With a stable base on both sides, Korrik reckons he can easily make the climb to join Kal, and starts making his way up the rope. As Korrik makes it about halfway, a cold drip of water drips down the back of Kal's neck... Glancing up, he sees a stalactite almost directly overhead.

-----------------------------------------------------

Temple Group
Locke takes a look at the big door in front of him, but other than the scorch marks reaching out from under the door, he doesn't see anything particularly interesting about it. Certainly no traps or the like. Two large, rather ornate stone handles are carved into the door's surface, but there's no sign of any locks or anything so he goes ahead and tries to open the door.

((Give me an Athletics check, please))

Shossk opens his eyes as his ritual comes to an end. There is a faint hue of magic in the stones all around him, giving the building a pleasant, warm glow, but nothing that he recognises as a distinct spell. Of more immediate concern is the sight of his companion attempting to pull the large doors open. At least it doesn't appear to be magically trapped!

((I'll take Perception checks from both of you))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:34 am

Korrik scurries the rest of the way, suggesting that they move it a bit to the side, a drip at the wrong time might startle someone into letting go.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:41 am

As Shossk opens his eyes their teal tint fades back into yellow, the ritual complete.

Standing up, Shossk takes a stroll through the accessible parts of the temple, namely through the areas Locke's checked already. He isn't looking for anything in particular, he's more looking to 'sense' whatever spells might still be active in the area, using that to direct his search.

Perception in Temple (w/ Detect Magic): 1d20+4 = [6] = 10

As such, he isn't too thorough in looking around, more just 'feeling' around. If he senses something, he'll direct his eyes towards it to identify what school of magic said hypothetical spell belongs to.

((I don't think you need to make perception checks benefit from Detect Magic?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:13 pm

((that's not why I'm asking for a check :) ))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:46 pm

Kal moves as well as he can while holding the rope steady, signaling to Korrik to hold position. He peers at the "stalactite" suspiciously.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:47 pm

Kal moves as well as he can while holding the rope steady, signaling to Korrik to hold position. He peers at the "stalactite" suspiciously.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:50 pm

It looks just like a regular stalactite. Except, you know, it definitely wasn't there before. Another drip drips onto the ground at his feet with a plop.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:16 pm

"Well, then, do we want to head out? No point just waiting around here since it seems like there's always some curious being wanting to watch the outsiders."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:49 pm

”We need to see what the consil says before we leave this place.”

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:52 pm

"There's only so much waiting we can do in one glade, though, isn't there? I can't even practice with magic for risk of doing damage."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:41 pm

"Well, Vaceran and Valemgadro went that way." He looks in the direction they can from. "We gonna follow them or make our own way? Didn't we follow some boulders last time we were here?"

Varsk looks around from some, in the SSW direction.

Looking: url=https://poke-roller.herokuapp.com/rolls/3428]1d20+4 = [3] = 7 [/url]

((Hopefully rocks are easy to spot!))
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:41 am

"They did seem to be placed specifically, but they didn't seem to be a guide. Still, if we spot them we would have the time to study such things. We hardly have anything more productive to do. Besides, Valemgaldro may have been taken aside so that time could be spent with an old friend who had little time remaining; I would be loathe to interrupt that."

(What happened to that corpse we brought? Since the druid we showed it to seemed a little displeased about the 'disease' did he take it, or was it left in that grove? 'cause I kind of don't want to just leave a diseased corpse laying around in their grove.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:34 am

((Varsk wouldn't want to destroy it either since the council may want more proof.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:06 am

Druid Group

Eventually deciding that they've waited long enough, the trio follow Valemgadro's footprints and head out to look for the others. They feel an odd, ear-popping sensation as they leave the little glade and re-emerge into the old oak woods of the Sanctuary proper.

Goroth is sitting on a log, whittling something small and looking serious.

"You are rested enough? The elders are speaking with Valemgadro and his companion now, and likely will stay with him for some time. They have seen the body you brought. It was tainted with the essence of Ash'Karoth. Done deliberately, and carefully, but they say it would have killed the creature eventually. They do not understand why this was done, but it is a perversion and must not be allowed to continue. You must return to the Gors Wyd. Learn what is being done."

He glowers, a dark fury in his eyes.

"The elders did not say this, but if there are still followers of the ancient evil, they must be rooted out. Do not offer them mercy. They have never deserved it."

He sighs.

"The city of Mhoeni, that was once Cyfan Ile, was where Ash'Karoth made his lair and where he died. Or so they say. There may be answers for you there, but the acid of the river will scorch the skin from your bones. These will help. Wear them."

He pulls a small pouch from a pocket and hands the group three twisted wooden rings, each inlaid with a small, oddly-shaped pearl.

"When you are ready, Tam can return you to wherever you wish to go in the Gors Wyd. And be careful what you do with that staff. It has more power within it than it appears."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:41 am

Varsk picks up a ring.

"Great. How's it work? Also do ya know how to get to Mheoni?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:43 am

Goroth blinks. "You put it on your finger."

"Tam can probably send you close enough."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:48 am

"Haha. Ya, nothing else? No magic word to make it do its thing? Great."

Varsk looks around,

"Where's Tam at?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:59 am

"He's with the elders. I will ask him to come when you are ready to leave."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:17 am

((Is Kal the only one to notice it's newly arrived there?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler