The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15175

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:00 am

((Korrik is on another 'island' waiting for you to join him.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 am

((you can talk privately if you don't want them listening, or you can wait until you're all together to have the chat. Up to you :) I know you're waiting for info- I'll get it all in the next update.))

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6900

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:22 am

Merric isn't bothered about others hearing him, he's not going to dampen the glorious talk about the true god!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Nioca
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2013

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Syli nods quietly, then goes off to find Rue again. She's intially somewhat dejected, realizing that she wouldn't be able to learn much more before leaving again...

...and then an idea hits her. Rue was leaving. They were leaving. So... where were these elven ruins again? She seeks her out, hoping to train on her abilities, but she also asks the whereabouts of these ruins in relation to the lizardfolk in the swamp.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:01 am

Right... Where were we?

Druid Group

The group decide that it's probably in their interest to stay and wait to hear what the elders have to say to them. Baryon, Freyd and Eva pack up their gear, and, regretfully it seems, wish you all and Tam goodbye and head out of the camp.

While they wait, Mehriv takes himself off to find a quiet space to try and make sense of his magical abilities.

((Are you going to practice casting, or are you just meditating? Either way, let's have an arcana check; remember you have advantage))

Gwen also heads off by herself to find a secluded spot where she can hide. Nestling up in the roots of a tree, and changes her appearance to look like the bark of the tree, she pulls out her book, camouflages that too for good measure, and starts muttering in Deep Speech. She gets about a sentence and a half into her request before a tree nut hits her squarely on the head. Looking up, she sees a little creature sitting in the branches, who looks for all the world like a humanoid plant ((You can make a nature check to try and identify it if you like; remember you have advantage)).

It is holding another tree nut and chattering animatedly at her in a language she doesn't know.

Syli takes herself off in search of her new dwarven druid friend. ((Investigation check please; remember you have advantage)).

Varsk is left at the little visitors' camp, completely alone now, except for a snoring Tam.

---------------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

Kal thinks back to his religious training, but is at a loss. The only male god of the ocean realm that he can think of is a fairly obscure elven deity named Deep Sashelas. Kal remembers reading a poem about him once, in which Deep Sashelas rescued a ship of drowning elves from a shipwreck by sending a pod of dolphins to their aid. He has no idea if this is who Merric is talking about, and in fact isn't able to get much of a read on the strange halfling at all. Merric certainly seems to believe everything he's saying, but that's hardly a help.

Artho is unable to stifle a laugh when he sees Merric recoil in horror at the idea of being touched by Kal.

"Maybe now you know how other people feel when YOU try to force your magic on them. Come on, I think Korrik and I might have found a path through this swamp. Why don't you have your bird look for this tree of yours while we walk? If it comes back with proof that it's been found, I'll agree to the detour."

Artho pulls his pack onto his back again and heads towards the two markers on the edge of the water.

"Merric, you follow me, and step exactly where I step. Kal, would you please bring up the rear and make sure this one doesn't fall in?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15175

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:50 am

I take my makeshift staff and prod the waters on my end to try to help guide them in the right direction.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nioca
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2013

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:35 am

Syli Investigation (+1 w/ Advantage): 9

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:55 am

Cool, let's also have a DEX save for Syli then :)

User avatar
Nioca
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2013

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:31 am

Dexterity Save (+3): 11

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Varsk mutters about people's trusting natures before deciding that he can probably take off his armor for the first time in too many days.

Pulling out his greatsword he looks around for a good spot to take a few swings within sight of his stuff.

Training spot: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15560
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:49 pm

"Ow!" She rubs her head and looks at the plant creature. She casts comprehend languages.

int check: 2D20.HIGH(1)-1 = [4, 16]-1 = 15

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11784
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Just meditating. Sudden and unexpected fires can be a rather bad thing in druid territory.

Arcana: 12
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:10 pm

((Well, you wouldn't want to be told off by a bear in a hat :) While we're here, what metamagics are you thinking of taking? ))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11784
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:11 pm

((Err, I think I was planning on Twinned and Empowered.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:19 pm

((cool stuff, I'll try and remember to write that down this time)).

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7025
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:59 pm

(Wait, I'm confused. At what point were oceans mentioned? I thought we were talking about "the deep" as in the lower planes.) Kal is troubled, but follows Artho's lead for now.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6900

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:12 am

Ahh could see it interpreted that way. Ceto's reach is a lighthouse on an island west of where we are now. To the north of it is just water (unless you go far north and reach the top of the continent we are on now).

"The true god's blessing isn't robbing you the ability to breathe or walk which is equivalent to what this will do! Besides, the blessing of entering inside people can't be forced! We should get something great for the bird to eat."
► Show Spoiler
Merric will grumble and follow after Artho for now and be unnecessary slow to give the bird a better opportunity to find them.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7025
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:16 am

"What is your god's name?" Kal asks as he brings up the rear.

As usual, he tries to keep an eye and ear out for potential trouble or anything new or unusual, but he's distracted trying to think about Merric's god.
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6900

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:44 am

"Well, he's the true god! Got a bunch of titles like the dweller in the deep."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7025
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:12 am

"By deep, you mean the ocean? I don't suppose you mean Deep Sashelas?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6900

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:18 am

"Yeah it's the ocean. Never had anything to do with the Sashelas fellow though."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7025
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:38 am

"I thought not. But what would a sea god want with affairs on land? And why do you say the other gods aren't true gods? I've studied several pantheons, and there's room for all. I follow Pelor, and I have felt his presence and his power, but that doesn't make the other gods any less real. "
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6900

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:02 am

"The true god has seen the rise and fall of plenty of so called gods. They are grand beings indeed but nothing compared to the true god's power! He guides his devoted followers with visions of what must be done to either receive his favor or how to change the world for the better! And while the true god doesn't need me or anyone to really shape the world, he still gives us a chance to do it ourselves as to prevent the chaos there would ensue should he take matters into his very own hand!"


Merric's goal will be to have at least 1 person take a level in warlock (the old ones) before he dies! :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:44 am

Druid Group

Mehriv settles himself down to meditate, reaching out with his mind to try and understand his magic a little better. It must be possible, right?

As he sits, he can sense the arcade thrum of power in the air around him, in the ground beneath him, and in the plants and creatures surrounding him (some more easily than others). The more he concentrates, the more aware he is of the energies around him, and they seem to respond to his attention more readily too, but in strange and unpredictable ways that seem to have nothing to do with his intentions. Just as he's starting to worry that he might be making things much worse, he is startled by a hand on his shoulder.

((Make an CHA save please; DC15. If you fail, let's have a d100 roll))

--------------

Syli wanders off looking for her new buddy, but can't find hide nor hair or her until a massive black mass drops on her from above, pinning her to the ground with its paws for a moment before rolling off and turning back into the dwarf woman who seems utterly delighted by her prank.

"You came back! Does that mean we're going tiger hunting?"

------------

Gwen guesses the creature is probably a Dryad, based on the variety of folk she met the previous night. She rubs her head and casts comprehend languages:

"...unnatural, nasty talk! Go away!"

-------------

Varsk takes off his armour for the first time in several days and wrinkles his nose at the pungent smell of stale sweat that is released as he peels it off.

He lays it to one side with the rest of his gear, and sets to work practicing some of his old footwork and sparring drills. He's pleased to find that they come extremely quickly to him, and that with a little thought, he is able to work through them more quickly and precisely than he could before. He suspects that these swamp adventures are doing him some good...

A bit after midday, Goroth returns to the campground.

"The elders wish to see you again. Where are your companions?"

---------------------

Lizard Group
The little hawk cocks its head at Merric as it picks at the bits of jerky, dropping most of it into the mud, much to Artho's annoyance.
► Show Spoiler


It flies off.

The trio follow the flagged trail quite easily. It would appear that although it is hidden below the waterline, someone has spent a bit of time making sure it is an easy enough path to follow and the group make it to Korrik without incident.

Merric can only delay the crossing for so long given the good state of the trail, but it's more than enough to visibly irritate Artho.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15175

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:58 am

As the others arrive, I reclaim my staff and other gear.

"C'mon, the trail goes this way!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply