Shipwrecked OOC thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:18 am

thinkslogically wrote:I appreciate that you guys look pretty damn different now, but I owed you both an original sprite :) If anyone wants an updated, scaly sprite-version of themselves give me a shout and a brief, updated description.
Well, Henry has grown silvery dragon wings and gained a level in Dragon shaman (though I doubt the latter would affect his exterior).
Here's a description of what they do:
► Show Spoiler
So I would assume they look a lot like gargoyle wings.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:51 am

Which aura's did you take? Your sheet doesn't say which aura's you've picked nor that you have wings, so you might have forgotten to update it? (or gotten a new link to the sheet which I don't know about
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:56 am

Darfel has golden scales dappling his body (yes, everywhere ;) ), but since his sprite doesn't show much skin anyway, would look largely the same.... although, hair and scales share morphological and developmental origins, I wonder if his hair and beard would have turned golden as well.... Theis2, could you rule on that, or make a roll for me to determine whether that happened?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:38 am

I would say that's a minor cosmetic effect that you can choose yourself if you want one or the other, otherwise I could roll for you if you'd rather have it random :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:08 am

So Jasper has gained a level in the wyrm wizard class- Effectively granting him a bonus level in spellcasting abilities, and a (minor) feat. He doesn't have any physical changes, far as I can tell.

New spells he's learned are web and acid arrow. Mostly just giving a heads up to Cranberry that he doesn't pick the same ones, since we can copy from each other if we want to. Speaking of which, Jacon, I'm guessing Cran has no issue that somewhere in the past he copied his "alter self" spell? :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:24 am

What did ala get then? I know she is an egg, but i am curious.

....Okay so I may know how to tell how close the egg is to hatching. Something I am going to use in another game. Not sure if thesis or you guys want outside help...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:03 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:What did ala get then? I know she is an egg, but i am curious.
I'm leaving Ala's fate to be discovered in-game. No spoilers :P

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Theis2 wrote:Which aura's did you take? Your sheet doesn't say which aura's you've picked nor that you have wings, so you might have forgotten to update it? (or gotten a new link to the sheet which I don't know about
Oh, I have to pick? I thought I could use up to 3 at the same time out of all of them. Sorry, will read it once more and then decide. But the one that gives benefit to spot checks is a must have in this group. :lol: o:) 8)

Will update my Henry's char sheet soon-ish.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Just to be clear Jasper wasn't talking to the egg, just around them to see if anyone was listening from a secret cove

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:15 pm

I know... Darfel doesn't. :P
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Guys, I can't be online much atm, as I pulled a muscle or something in my right knee and it is really uncomfortable to sit at the PC at the moment. Very sorry for any inconvenience this causes and/or if I miss some updates in any games I'm in.

TL, I hope you're reading this (I won't stick around long enough to post this in every game/OOC thread I'm part of) and will put my chars either on auto-pilot or have their actions voted on by co-players.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:27 am

updated Ala's sprite:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:03 am

Does she have a tail of sorts that is visible?

Also: MUSHROOM!
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:26 pm

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=889286

Here is an updated sheet. Am sure I ahd some actual items but I didn't list them down so unless I can read all the posts to find out what I had I can't fill that part out...

By the way did I get a ring of protection? I feel like I did but I havent found it yet in my reread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:51 pm

@gathers - no tail, no. Dragonborn don't get them as standard and I didn't pick it

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Oh Mort, I was double checking the thread and our sheets. I think you have a bracers of defense +1 which are not in your sheet. Their only useful for me or you and when we got them Cranberry had just attacked the party so you took them instead. I'll let you know if I found out you don't have them for some reason

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:44 am

Are you going to listen to Jasper once again or just ignore that he wants the two groups to kill each other?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:28 am

I'm just saying, just butting in "wow wow guys why the need for violence" is unlikely to resolve conflict between the two races and lead to a prosperous union in which everyone is happy.

Maybe if we had a centaur princess and sphinx(Still not sure what they actually are) prince...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:33 am

Ala's going to see this for herself, if only to check that Henry isn't hallucinating :) what she does then depends on what she sees.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:26 am

M0rtimer wrote:"wow wow guys why the need for violence" ...
We surveyed one hundred people, and asked them "what is one thing Darfel has never said..."

Survey says..... 94!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:58 am

How could I have forgotten about the "Run in while screaming blood for the blood god" approach...;)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:52 am

Will Ala act upon the knowledge that one of the lion people are evil?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:07 am

I'm finally giving in and giving up on running this game.

For a long time I just haven't had the motivation to keep updating this game, which I guess doesn't come as a big surprise given the update frequency for a long while.
I'm not entirely sure why this is, given your crazy antics are really entertaining and the way you've "solved" certain puzzles have been great.

The grand reason for why I'm stopping is because the game is stressing me out. Silently lurking in the back of my head urging me to update when I don't have time and once I do have time I feel the pressure of making an amazing update which rarely happens and that often postpones the update even longer as I consider how I can make it better.

It sucks and feels like a defeat, but I sadly think it's a necessary to do this at the moment.

I've considered what this means for you guys, Nothing! Ha ha ha.. Self depreciating humor is the best! and decided I'll let you choose if you want to keep hope that I might be able to return to this and call it an indefinite hiatus on the game or if you'd rather end it completely and have me answer whatever questions you've been dying to figure out (or just vaguely curious)

But in the end, you don't have to fear hell froze over everytime you see shipwrecked in the top of the games forum :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:30 am

Would or would not jasper ever be able to properly summon something and have it actually work out? :p

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:07 pm

I'm here if you are ever feeling able to pick it up again, but I don't want it stressing you out!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler