MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Art is confused, but can't stop himself from walking right up to the snake-boy.

((Make a WIS save again please))

Ah'Sereen watches the chess pieces fly off the table and casts around for the king, watching as it rolls across the floor and stops in the crack between 2 flagstones about 20 feet away.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 am

Ah'sereen slips over and picks up the king, "Check-mate, forkers! Quit trying to mess with our heads or he gets it."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:51 am

"Hey, Warryn- Would you have any objection to shoving these little fucks in that bag of yours? They probably won't be able to bother us in there."

"Not a bad idea! If they don't cooperate, then I just might..."

Erik will ready an action to sneakily follow the snake-boy into the next room, should he make it to through a doorway without Dain blasting him to death.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 am

((Still need a save for Art))

Ah'Sereen scoops up the king and threatens the chess set.

"Unhand him!"
"This is treason!"
"You are a brigand and a scoundrel!"

The snake-boy is still crying and brandishing his pitiful little toy sword.

Dain is up.

---------------------------------

Art
Ah'Sereen
Erik
Dain <-------
Warryn
Aura

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:58 am

On my phone for a few days. Can somebody roll my wisdom save. Straight up 1d20

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:38 am

((sure))
Wis save: 1D20 = [14] = 14
Wis save: 1D20 = [9] = 9

Art manages to get control of his left leg back, but not the right one and starts lurching around in a circle.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Dusk9 wrote:Warryn curses under his breath as Aura starts beating up the chessboard. So much for picking a side!

Still, maybe there was a way to salvage this mess....

"She's right....chess pieces are controlling us! Snap out of it, dwarf!"

((So my new plan is to beat up the chess pieces, give most of them to the boy to eat along a bunch of apologies, and save the queen/king to give to the Dragon lady? She wanted "art" - living sculptures sound pretty close to me!))

Dain gives Warryn a measuring look. "I somehow doubt dear old mum is going to be very understanding." He abruptly spins towards the boy and there is a blinding flash and a boom:

Lightning: 1d20+6 = [11] = 17

Lightning damage: 8d6 = [6, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1] = 24

"No witnesses."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm

The boy is thoroughly zapped by Dain's lightning spell, and he finally stops sobbing to focus on simply breathing and panicking. You're not sure how he is still alive, but he is. Just.

Warryn is up.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:36 am

Cursing under his breath at how rapidly things had fallen out of control, Warryn chases after the snake-boy and pulls out his dagger. Dain was right, of course. Leaving the boy alive was just a loose thread, that would probably come back to bite them in the future. So letting him escape was impossible to allow.

But if the boy was to die, Warryn wouldn't be the one to land the lethal blow. Lashing out, he smacks the boy in the head with the hilt of the dagger, aiming to knock him out cold.

Action: Melee Attack
- Dagger attack (non-lethal): 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:41 am

It is just enough to do the trick and the boy is out cold.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 am

((Okay guys. Here's your chance to try to reign in Dain. Just bear in mind that snake boy is going to be dead no matter what, unless you can come up with a really good alternative. After all, Dain did the most damage here so he figures he's got the most to lose if the boy goes tattling. ))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:01 am

Art sees the boy go limp and he then puts his entire focus on the chess set.
ÔÇ£Stop the magic on me. Or we will not help you.ÔÇØ He will then just wait and see how they respond to that.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:02 am

Aura's eyes go wide for a moment as she sees the flash of lightning, before Warryn "helpfully" knocks it out, although with enough restraint to not kill him... As her wrath becomes directed solely at the dwarf instead- Seemingly looking to take a grab at him, although fumbles with her shield a bit too much to be effective. Still far from happy, though...

Grapple: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Not only was that abhorrent, but also..? Incredibly STUPID."

"I've dealt with your kind before..."
she speaks coldly, with just a tinge of venom. "So allow me to put this in terms you can understand. Did you take even two seconds to think beyond your whole 'no witnesses' crap..? Or is that so much of your automatic go to you weren't even able to? It might work if you're dealing with a regular in and out scenario, but here's some news for you- In case you've not noticed, everything is far from normal here. Did you consider the situation? We are newcomers for less than an hour, and less than an hour later one of her kids is DEAD? That she's going to be drawing an obvious line? Contrast that with justifying that we were mind controlled by those pawns, something she probably knows that they can do given she's the jailer of this place, and we might at least be able to talk our way out of it?"

"You know, I was originally thinking that we'd have to deal with the jailer sooner or later to get out of here... But so far the ones that have shown to be against her are a backstabber, and a chess set that thinks they have the audacity to try and control us- So while I can be far from sure that she might actually be good, I am starting to think things are FAR from just black and white... But you think you've the sole authority to make a decision like this and potentially fuck up any chance of doing so?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:07 am

The Chess Pieces continue to make a fuss while Aura says her piece, but Art does not manage to regain control of his leg. At least things don't get worse...

"That's it!"
"You got him!"
"Now gut him!"
"Cut him open!
"And put us back on the table!"

((Assuming NSF is still on mobile:
WIS save: 1D20 = [6] = 6))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 am

"...And get those damned pieces somewhere safe before they make us do something, so we can actually TALK about what to do next!"

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:16 am

Ignoring the chaos behind him, Warryn considers how best to get the swallowed chess pieces out without cutting the boy up. Could his Mage Hand go down the boy's throat? Preferably without choking him, of course. Maybe using Dancing Lights to illuminate the path as well.

Regardless of whether he's able to retrieve the swallowed pieces or not, he then heads back to the chessboard and starts grabbing the other pieces up off the ground, shoving them inside his Bag to shut them up.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:33 am

I'll take investigation from Warryn and anyone else who's scooping up pieces. And we'll come off turn order for now to give you all some room to respond.

Any aggressive actions will put us back on turns.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:34 am

Dain looks at Aura, giving her a measuring stare, then grins wickedly. "I doubt 'the Warden' cares about such niceties as whether or not our actions were controlled. Why should she? As for my reasons, why should I answer to you, missy? I don't know you beyond that you were hired for this job, just like I was. You think you've got a better way, you better prove it now, or shut up and stay out of my way."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:36 am

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 am

Strength vs grapple: 1d20 = [9] = 9

Dain jerks his arm away from Aura.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:13 pm

"Projecting, aren't we..? Just because that's what YOU would do, doesn't mean there's any other potential outcomes. Speaking of plans... Aren't you all supposed to be thieves? Are you saying you can't even spin a little lie?" Aura says, briefly seeming a little upset at her own words, but mostly going on a combination of both still being angry, and knowing that she needed to... Talk about something the others can understand. "The kid was pretty dumb, let's be honest. The events that happened can still be twisted to make it sound like it was all the pawn's work, and amends made. But if he's killed? No amount of excuses will save us from that."

"Unlikely? Perhaps. Your "plan"'s sole benefit, however, might be that it takes longer for her to find out."

"But this isn't even about listening to ME..."
she now continues, briefly looking across the room at the others. "I'm not sure if this is the firs time you joined a heist or not, but among every band of thieves I've ever dealt with,
you'd be considered a liability... Because you think you get to make decisions by your lonesome that will affect everyone here- And I'd urge everyone here to think for a moment whether they want to just ignore that, or wait for the next time you decide to take your own initiative."

"So you're going to back down, and we'll decide what we do by actually talking about it rather than just you doing whatever you want- And if you don't like that, you'd have to get through me, first."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Dain looks her over again, as though measuring her determination against his. He looks around at the others as well, and not seeing any overwhelming support, shrugs and turns back towards her. "Well. You've some sand in your craw after all." He grins again, not especially pleasant, but not as wicked as before. "All right, missy. Since you feel so strongly about it, we'll play it your way...for now. And do not be sullyin' my profession by callin' me a thief!" His face turns grim. "I'm a wizard and you'd be best not forgettin' it!" He gives Aura a final glare and then smiles mockingly. "Now, fearless leader, what say you we do with yon idiot?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:54 pm

As he searches for the chess pieces, Warryn speaks up matter-of-factly.

"The dwarf and I were the only ones to actually attack him. As long as we aren't in the picture, it should be easy for the rest of you to get him on side. He's a moron - give him a little stone to eat and he'll probably lap up whatever you girls say."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 am

Aura scoffs at Dain's remarks, seemingly mostly dismissing him. "You can be both, I suppose... And Warryn's suggestion is good. Just leave for a moment once we've done everything else, and I'll get him back to his feet."

Aura does a brief check on the boy to see whether or not he's stable, before helping the others collect the chess pieces assuming they're still a bother...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:37 am

Dain gives a curt nod. "Aye. So it is." He'll go over and see if he can assist Warryn. When the others are ready, he'll leave the room with Warryn.