MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
Post Reply
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Ah'Sereen takes barely a moment to open the shackles and they fall open in her hands.

The woman blinks at the two women, then stiffly, painfully pulls herself to her feet, rubbing her wrists. She let's out a delighted laugh and throws her arms around Aura's neck.

"Thank you!! You have no idea how long I have waited for this!"

She hugs her tightly for a moment and then lets go, taking the opportunity to test her legs as she shakily circles the room, leaning on the walls for support. As she walks, she talks, ignoring Dain completely:

"This place is a prison. When our three queens vanished, I, Cadamosto and Dogon set out to find them and return them to their rightful place in the world. We followed the trail to this maze, and though we found riches, we also found Psathyrella the Medusa. She is the jailor here, and utterly evil. Be wary of her, but destroy her if you can and seek out the sisters! They must be set free to take their rightful places as the queens they are!"

((I assume that Aura and Ah'Sereen are standing near the shackles in the centre of the room, but where is everyone else standing?))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14924

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:00 pm

((Thought they had locks?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11998

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Aura seems happy that the woman is so relieved to be free, and nothing bad is happening!

AND DEFINITELY NOTHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN EITHER.

((Ready for everything to go wrong in 3.. 2...))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:06 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:((Thought they had locks?))
((They do, but you rolled a 28 and they just weren't very good))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1371
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Art would have been standing between the painting and where she had been shackled.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14924

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:((Thought they had locks?))
((They do, but you rolled a 28 and they just weren't very good))

((Oh, did you mean Ah'sereen rather than Aura? I was getting really extra suspicious of this woman if the cleric is able to touch her shackles and they fall off...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:12 pm

((yes I did. Except Aura still got the hug because she's been consistently the nicest of all of you :P ))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7474
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:20 pm

((I posted before, if you missed it Thinks))
Dusk9 wrote:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5217
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Dain is standing off to the side where he can keep an unobstructed view of the woman. He's still primed to fire if anything funny goes on. Since it's likely to be out of 10 ft. range, he'll have rotated off to having Ray of Frost prepped.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:40 pm

((I totally missed that, thanks!))
► Show Spoiler
The woman circles the room as she talks and ends up standing near Art, next to the painting.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14924

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Ah'sereen watches the woman's behavior as she moves closer to the painting...

Insight: She getting ready to run?: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1371
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:47 pm

"Are you opening the door for us before leaving?" he asks in a slightly irritated tone. If she was just a prisoner he is glad she will be free, but he feels sorry for whomever she is going home to!

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 pm

► Show Spoiler
She looks at Art and laughs, draping an arm over his shoulder.

"But of course! Just pull on the chains and the door will unlock. Forgive the small deception, there is no magic barrier."
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Theis2 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spoilers

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7474
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5217
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Dain growls at her. "Stay put until we check. Is there anything else you know about the other side of that door? Once we've checked to see it's unlocked you can go." He adds soto voice "And good riddance."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:29 pm

The woman shrugs.

"You can ask me as many times as you like! I still don't know what it's become. It was empty last time I saw it."
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14924

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm

"No barrier. And I suppose it isn't really trapped, either?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm

She chuckles.

"No, it's not."

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7474
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:58 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:15 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7474
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:00 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:14 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7474
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:33 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14437
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:07 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11998

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 am

"Why didn't you just say so? Were you worried that we'd not let you go if you told us..?" Aura asks... Before pulling down on the chain.
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply