MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:33 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:38 pm

((I missed the stoat guy...))

Stoat: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

((Yup, seems about right.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:16 pm

history (Moon man): 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7 (Nope. Don't know who this is.)

history (stout): 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26 (Dain knows EVERYTHING historically about this one, to the point of it being a favorite subject/hobby.)

history (hand snake): 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16 (Yeah, Dain knows something about this one too.)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:47 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Lady Capilli responds to the round-faced man with a tone of surprise in her voice:
"I am Lady Crucem Capilli. ...and I did not intend to tell you that."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:10 pm

"I am Arthumas Clanhold." He then shivers a bit and wishes the 'hand' would stop looking at him. Instead he stops looking at it and stares at the man and asks, "And who am I speaking with?"
He also lowers his axe and holds it much more at ease in just one hand. They don't seem to be attacking right off the bat and just care to talk, and Art does not want to fight the weasel. Or the hand-snake.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Dain is sensing that something is not right here. He'll stay in the shadows watching and preps stinking cloud for instant use if things go south.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Aura just tries to look... Elsewhere. Keeping them at the edge of her vision, but not quite looking straight at them... That seemed like a sensible thing to do, given that there was supposedly a medusa somewhere in here...

"My name is Aura... May I also be so humble to request introductions?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:05 pm

While the others keep to the shadows, Aura and Art politely try not to make a weird situation worse.

"I am Arthumas Clanhold. And who am I speaking with?"
"My name is Aura... May I also be so humble to request introductions?"

"Of course you may. My name is Torgos Zooth. Why are you here?"

Aura speaks to the clasps on Torgos Zooth's sea-blue robes. Art focuses on Torgos Zooth's face. The snake with the hand-eye stares intently at each of them in turn. The weasel scratches intensely for a couple of seconds and looks at everything.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm

"We are here, well, by accident." Art sighs. "We just got brought here through a portal, I think, in a painting...minutes ago. Magic is not really my thing. And the Lady here, he motions to Lady Capilli, "we just met."
After a pause he smiles and adds, "I really just want to get back to my own home. Do you know how we can do that?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:44 am

"It mostly was an accident... At least, I didn't know the painting could do... This. And now we're pretty much stuck here, yes, after being... Betrayed."

"We were mostly just looking to explore this place, and find a way out."
Aura says. Part of her was also curious about these "three sisters", if only because she figured saving them might be a requirement to be free. (assuming sending out a sending spell and just having one of the brothers turn the paining around in the evening turns out to not be enough.)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 am

"Out? Back the way you came in I suppose.

Now, I must continue looking for my sons, Anole and Anolis. Have you seen them?"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 am

"No, we just arrived and have only met two women, no men. What do your sons look like?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 am

"No, afraid not." Aura says, unable to help herself sigh as she finds another person in here that needs something done. "What would they look like, and what would you want us to tell them should we encounter them?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 am

"They look a bit like me I suppose, but they are only half sublunary. Twins. If you find them, I would be extremely grateful for their safe return. I suspect they were taken, though I cannot discount the possibility that they are simply lost."

He nods politely, and walks towards the west door, the strange bestiary following along behind.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 am

Aura at least is not looking to stop him, allowing him to pass peacefully. Once he's safely out of sight and hearing, she comments.

"...This is only going to be the start, isn't it?"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 am

Dain steps out of the shadows. "Definitely odd."

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7358
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:17 am

Warryn chuckles to himself as he listens in. "Sub-lunary"; that must be the name for these moon-men. So much for being a fairytale.

Then he realises what the others had been saying. They were trying to get back home? Why not just use the painting - it had worked fine for Warryn. And what was this about being "betrayed"? By wh-

...oh.

And here he'd thought they couldn't be any stupider.

Once the Moon-Man and his weird entourage have left, Warryn strides towards the others and drops his Invisibility. Mainly so they can see him glaring at them.

"What is this I hear about us being stuck here? Unbelievable! I leave you alone for twenty minutes, and you manage to trap us all in this godforsaken place?!"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:34 am

Lady Capilli raises an eyebrow at the newcomer and mutters:

"It really is far too crowded in here. Maybe it won't be SUCH a shame when it's gone..."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:46 am

Art jumps slightly at the reappearance of Warryn.

"Yeah, where did you disappear off to? Where did the painting take you? What???"
Art is just overwhelmed. He doesn't even wait for an answer from Warryn, he walks over to the archway the moonman came from and peers through. He mutters quietly to himself, "There are so many questions. So few answers. and very powerful people walking around. This could be bad."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:50 am

Ah'sereen can't help but feel way out of her element, and she'd found in the past when that was the case, the best course of action is to observe quietly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:53 am

Art looks through the archway to the north and finds himself looking at a moderately sized rectangular room, that is covered completely in mosaics. A flicker of movement along one of the walls catches his eye...

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 am

perception: 1D20-1 = [20]-1 = 19

He squints, trying to figure out what he saw moving.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7358
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 am

"Yeah, where did you disappear off to? Where did the painting take you? What???"

"It took me back to the crypt, of course. But then that blasted ghost teleported me back in here, and stuck me in some random cupboard."

"Now, let me guess. You released that girl, and she "rewarded" you by closing the portal from the other side. Does that sound about right?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 am

Art seems something moving in the mosaic... No... The mosaic itself is moving!

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:18 am

ooc: What did happen exactly that closed the painting?

Post Reply