MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:33 am

To hold (1) or do something dumb (2)...?
Problems, problems.: 1D2 = [1] = 1

Aura keeps it together.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:43 pm

perception: 1D20-1 = [5]-1 = 4 (( :shock: "Snirk" :lol: Sees no evil, hears no evil, Speaks plenty bad ))

Dain is completely unaware of anything except his own thoughts.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Dain can't hear a word of what's being said, and doesn't see anything other than Aura and Ah'Sereen in the doorway. They're definitely up to something...

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Finally, Aura manages to compose herself enough to bring out something herself, adding to the list of questions. Or she tries, at least.

"W...Who are you. Do you have something to do with why I'm feeling... Like this?!"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:00 pm

The creature sneers, and speaks in a female voice:

"Pathetic mammal... I have done nothing."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:06 pm

"D... Don't call me that! What are you?!"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:33 pm

"I am a Chameleon, and you are not welcome here. This is our domain!"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:32 am

"Oh trust me, given the choice I'd like to be anywhere else... But unless you know of a way out you'd better stuff it, because this is our way forward!"

Barring that the Chameleon turns hostile, Aura finally tries to face her fears and steps on the line to begin crossing...

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:48 pm

"Come across you two. It's not that hard, just take your time, one at a time, and stay on the line. Don't run." Art urges the women to get a move on it!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:56 pm

"Agreed, we want to be here no more than you want us here...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:31 pm

The chameleon woman, takes advantage of the lack of hostilities to disappear backwards, her skin blending almost perfectly in with the surroundings until you finally lose sight of her.

Aura steels herself... ...and steps on to the black line. It shivers briefly before forming a perfectly straight, perfectly singluar line to the opposite side.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11789

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Aura just... Tries to cross quickly! She wants to get out of this room already..!

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:29 pm

Aura crosses more quickly then she expected to, and reaches the other side safely.

Ah'Sereen crosses last. As she steps onto the black line, it instantly responds and forms the abstract shape of a face...
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 pm

From the other's trips across, she knows that it was going to mess with her, but steels herself and keeps moving, trying to block out the whispers.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:01 pm

Ah'Sereen also crosses the room safely. Everyone is now across and standing (somewhat cramped together) next to a closed door.

How would you like to proceed.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:11 pm

As Ah'sereen joins the others, she have a look at the door to see if anything jumps out at her, or if she notices anything after a more thorough inspection.

Perception;Investigation: 1D20+9 = [5]+9 = 14
1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:22 am

"Finding some stupid artwork here is going to be harder than I expected. Getting lost might be easy too." He will move as much out of way as he can, without crossing into the 'bad' part of the room, to give the others with the right skills a chance to open the door.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:35 am

Dain grumbles an agreement. "Can't say that I would look forward to trying to retrace our steps either, far as that goes."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1249
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:07 am

Looking at Dain he replies, "Well, I'm actually looking forward to trying to kill that tile dragon thing. As much trouble as this is, I want some treasure."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5017
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:16 pm

"Treasure, definitely yes. The tile thing?" Dain chuckles "Well, maybe that too."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:50 am

Ah'Sereen checks the door, but hears nothing interesting and spots nothing untoward about the door. She does notice that the hinges are quite rusted however - opening this door is likely to make a fair amount of noise.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:34 am

"Anyone have some lamp oil?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7358
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:44 am

"Hmph..."

Reaching into his Bag, Warryn rummages around a bit before pulling out a flask of oil.

"Don't use it all."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14649

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:53 am

Ah'sereen nods her thanks and will dab a bit of oil on the rusty hinges before slowly and carefully opening the door. If it starts to squeak, she'll pause and apply more. Once it's open enough to peek through, she will.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14002
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Ah'Sereen quietly presses the door open on its newly-oiled hinges, and peeks inside. She sees a corridor opening in front of you that branches to the left, and ahead then to the right.

Post Reply