MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11139

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:44 am

Aura WAS about to push over the dwarf...

Push + guidance: 1D20+1D4+1 = [14]+[2]+1 = 17

...But finds he's already gotten his question out by the time he would... And it's not completely unreasonable. It's not something she's going to allow... But she is curious to her answer as she's trying to deduce what exactly it is she wants to do..."

"...If we have two nights, we should be able to come back next night and still solve the issue. You said you were cursed, right? What kind of magic are we talking about..?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12664
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:53 am

"I cannot guide you! I would die in there! Look at me! I am not strong like you are."

She turns back to Aura.

"And if it rains tomorrow the clouds will block the light and all hope will be gone again! Please just let me go! Break these damned chains and let me go home! What curse?! This curse, damn you! I am chained in this room for all time to be the monster's slave. Let me go or leave me but taunt me no more!"

She sobs pitifully some more.

--------------------

Warryn touches the painting and returns to the crypt. Summoning Erik to his side, he asks the boy some questions, but the ghost simply looks at him with enormous, sad eyes. He holds out his hand to Warryn, as if asking him to take it.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1074
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:01 am

Art was watching quietly and trying to think a way out of this, but he was pulled out of his silence when people started actually heading back into the painting by just touching it.

"I thought it would only be one way." he states matter-of-factly."

He goes over to look at the painting carefully.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11139

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:03 am

Aura considers... Something still wasn't right. She trusted Sereen in that fact, and it did feel like there was some part of the puzzle missing... Not to mention, she really shouldn't undertake anything without the proper precautions prepared.

...So why was she kneeling over again and looking at how to open or break those chains again?

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4458

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:12 am

"You don't need to be strong, just smart. If we don't get ambushed, we don't have to necessarily fight. Try again, missy."

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7006
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:14 am

...well, there's no way this could possibly go wrong! With a sigh, Warryn takes the boy's hand - more out of curiosity to see what would happen than anything else.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12664
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:46 am

The woman looks back at Dain.
"I know men like you. If I do as you ask, you will not keep your word. You will use me and discard me or kill me when you decide I am useless! How can I go with you knowing that this is what will happen?"

------------

Warryn takes the little boys hand, feeling nothing but a faint wisp of cold against his fingertips. The boy smiles a childish smile of genuine happiness.

Warryn's ears pop.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7006
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:24 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1074
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 am

Was Art able to see Warryn in the painting take the hand of the Ghost and then disappear?

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1074
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:55 am

Art listens to Dain and the woman talking. Once there is a break he steps up. "I understand what you are saying about going into the dungeon being death for you. If you truly are just a trapped woman here, that makes sense. But, none of this make good sense either, and your answers are half-assed and only somewhat make sense. So you understand why we don't trust you fully either. So, we are kind of at an impasse. But I have an idea that may work."

"I do not want to set you free, not just yet." He pauses for a second and then continues, "I also don't want to see you suffer here or die going with us."

"So here is my proposal. Get us safely through this door. Give us information on what we are going to find in the next two rooms. If what you tell us is true, and we survive. I promise you I WILL come back here after we safely clear the next two rooms and I will free you. If you lie or deceive us, or if we die, you will not get free today."

He then looks her straight in the eyes and waits for her response.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12664
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 am

((Since Art was paying attention to the woman, he would likely have noticed Warryn leave the room, but not what happened when he took the boy's hand))

"I have been here so long! I do not know who might be in the labyrinth now, or where they may be. There is a woman next door but I don't know who she is. There is a confusing room with many staircases next to that... I... can't remember the details now, but I they were safe. Then again, I didn't fall... the Medusa lives to the north, I know that, but there are many ways to get there. I know Zamia always had a fondness for the gardens..."

She smiles at some old memory, then looks up slyly at Art.

"Free me, and I shall tell you what else I remember!"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12664
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:34 am

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13547

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 am

((Let me know if you want me to change how we've been doing this, but Ah'sereen would be on high alert and dubious of everything being said...))

Insight Spam: 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1074
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am

Art ignores her last plea for being released and instead asks, "Zamia you say. Is that the medusa or someone else. Explain. Then explain why you know so much about certain people in the dungeon if you have been a prisoner in this room."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12664
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am

((honestly, being repeatedly reminded is not a bad thing for me! Besides, hopefully this interrogation won't last too much longer :lol: maybe? ))
► Show Spoiler
"Pfff! The Medusa! That, she is not. Go and meet them yourself if you are so interested. If you won't release me, then I have nothing more to say."

((Dain can make another history check))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7006
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:04 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4458

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:04 pm

thinkslogically wrote:The woman looks back at Dain.
"I know men like you. If I do as you ask, you will not keep your word. You will use me and discard me or kill me when you decide I am useless! How can I go with you knowing that this is what will happen?"
Dain actually looks pleased with this answer. "The first straight forward thing you've said to me. A good start." He listens to her conversation with Art. "Ah now, missy. Don't start playing those games again. We were just starting to make progress. As you so keenly put it, how far can you trust us? About as far as we can trust you. Which is to say, hardly at all. However, there is one thing you have to keep in mind. Can you afford NOT to take a chance? WE don't have to let you go. We could just turn around and leave. But... we're interested. As for killing you, unless you made yourself obnoxious to me, I wouldn't waste the effort. You're not that important. Make yourself useful and I have no problem with rewarding you your freedom... and maybe a little something besides."

History: 1d20+6 = [6] = 12

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12664
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:17 pm

► Show Spoiler
"If I'm not worth the effort to kill, I don't believe you will waste your time to keep me alive either. Of course, if you are so afraid of a naked slave woman, perhaps you SHOULD go home. There is certainly worse than me inside.

She sighs and waits, looking pleadingly to Aura and Art again.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13547

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:20 pm

((Is it just both hands that are shackled to the ceiling?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12664
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 pm

((Yes, she's got both hands dangling above her head and she's kneeling on the stone floor))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11139

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Aura is almost squinting at everyone by this point, really not liking this. A thought coming eventually to her, as she states quite resolutely.

"Look, we're not going to drag a poor naked woman around with us just because she might be a little bit of help. So here's the compromise... We let her go, and she tells us what she knows. That will be all."
Aura says... She would probably have stuck with her original guns to come back tomorrow better prepared... If it hadn't been for the way Dain and some others had been treating her. Pity had replaced doubt by this point.

Aura starts working on undoing the shackles.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13547

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Well... guess this is happening, though the woman definitely bears watching.

"Excuse me dear. Do you quite know what you're doing?"

If Aura stops fumbling at the shackles, Ah'sereen will step in.

Lockpicking: 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11139

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:30 pm

"...No." Aura admits, taking a step back with a huff and a sigh. Giving a wry smile as Sereen steps in.

"Thanks, Sereen."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1074
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Art sighs, but otherwise keeps quiet once the lockpicking starts.

He will have greataxe in hand and watch. After a bit he does say,

"Warryn is already gone, I'm thinking we maybe should have followed him. He might be the smartest of us all."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4458

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Dain rolls his eyes. "If she turns out to be a sorceress and blasts us with a spell, I'll be sure to remind you who made the decision to let her go. Same if she screws us over with false information."
Dain moves to the 10 foot range and keeps poison spray prepped. "No funny business, missy. When she gets you loose, you tell us what you know, then you unlock the door and leave." He jerks his head towards the picture.

Post Reply