MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5403
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Dain breathes a sigh of relief at the lack of a crash. ".....going." He gives Warryn a withering glare. "If you're not more careful, you're going to let every monster and freak in this place know exactly where we are!" He starts grumbling something about "typical gnome" and "rocks for brains".

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:45 pm

((is Dain following? What about Ah'Sereen? You don't need to roll if you move through this next room slowly, but otherwise I'll need a DEX save))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5403
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Dain will follow....slowly.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15189

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Ah'sereen follows Dain, slowly and at enough distance that if he gets swallowed by the room she has a chance to avoid it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5403
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:21 pm

(( So this room is really dark {since both Dain and Warryn both have dark vision} or is it just really crowded with the censors?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:02 am

((just really crowded. I need to pull up the map book again to see where it leads...))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7553
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:38 am

"...I knew they were there. Not all of us are as slow-witted as you Dwarves."

Now that he's aware of the canisters, Warryn advances a lot more cautiously. Assuming he gets past them without incident, he waits for Ah'Sereen to catch up then gives her a nod.

"You have good eyes, yes? This blasted aura is clouding my vision. Help me keep an eye out for more of these mundane traps."

Without waiting for a response, Warryn continues on carefully. And is completely oblivious to the next trap.

Investigation check (traps): 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5403
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:41 am

Dain takes a quick look at the censors as he goes by them.

investigation: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11

A very quick look.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5403
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:08 pm

(( <Carefully pokes with a stick> "Is this thing still alive?" ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:17 pm

((yes! Just... A little passed out. I am struggling with my workload at the minute, which, coupled to the fact that I can't access the forum or playbook from my work computer means I'm bad at updating. Will get you guys something soon))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5403
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 pm

(( No problem. If a hiatus is necessary due to work, I suspect we can deal with it. :P I can't say I'm not sympathetic, what with getting transferred from one clinic to another. ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 am

Dain slows down, while Warryn and Ah'Sereen also follow slowly at a distance. They maneuvre around the censers easily enough; Dain has a quick look in them. It seems they're full of different swirling liquids, but he doesn't know what they might be and doesn't take the time to look too carefully.

Moving onwards into the next room, Warryn is the first to see two skeletal creatures sitting against the far wall of an open, stone room. The tops of their skulls have been removed and their brain cases sit open like bowls. Around the room are old dusty cabinets, filled with vials of varying ages, colours and sizes. Most look like they've spilled or dried out over centuries, but a couple might still have some liquid in them. A lit lantern hangs from the ceiling, illuminating the room with a dim, golden light.

The pair of skeletons look up as the trio enter, and wave.

-------------------------------------

Back to the north, the strange bird-men leave Aura and Art alone and disappear off down another corridor and out of sight.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1479
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:34 pm

"That was strange, but at least they were not hostile." states Art.
Leading the way, Art will continue down the corridor and head again, towards the Corpse room.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Art walks to the corpse room. It appears to be the dessicated, dusty corpse of some kind of humanoid, maybe some kind of lizard-like race.

((If you'd like to investigate the body, you can roll me a d100))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12117

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Aura continues to join with Art for now.

((...I'm not sure I want to investigate that corpse if it's a d100 rather than a d20. :lol: ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 pm

You can roll a d20 first if you'd prefer :P

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5403
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Dain raises an eyebrow at the bony duo and silently preps chill touch in case they turn hostile. "Friendliest acting undead I've ever since by far..."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:34 pm

The skeletons continue waving for a bit and then stop. There's a door leading out of this room to the east.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12117

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Aura eventually, somewhat hesitantly, decides to check out that corpse...

Roll that probably wont end well: 1D100 = [27] = 27

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1479
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:57 pm

Art is not about to let Aura have all the fun. He also checks out the corpse.

Unsure if you wanted us both to roll, or just one of us....if both, here is mine, otherwise disregard.

Special Investigation Techniques!: 1D100 = [70] = 70

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7553
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:27 am

Is my Detect Magic still active? Do the skeletons/anything else in the room look magical?

Post Reply