SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:48 pm

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:56 pm

"Ladies and gentlemen, I must insist that you calm down and allow these guards to do their jobs! They cannot possibly hope to solve anything if they are required to deal with you as well! Barkeep, give these poor people a round of drinks if you please. You guards - explain what has happened."

He will attempt to calm things down a bit and find out what's been happening by non-magical means in the first instance.

Persuasion: 1D20+11 = [8]+11 = 19

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Uragh seems to consider those words for a disproportionately long time... Some probably might even start considering him a little dense. Eventually, though, he shakes his head.

"Nah. That's just fancy talk for I'm gonna get scammed down the road when I've already invested too much. Let's talk price now. So you're not budging on price, even that..? Because, it's fair enough... Beggars can't be choosers. But when we're talking about a rate that I'm not gonna take any risks, either." he says, not quite alluding to what he might mean with that just yet.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 am

Veska and Kytiel

Veska is not having a good day. While she struggles against the wind, still pinned to the corner of the tunnel, Kytiel manages to fight against it long enough to pull himself to his feet.

((Kytiel has enough movement to get into any of the nearby tunnels from his current position.))

Uragh

"Nah. That's just fancy talk for I'm gonna get scammed down the road when I've already invested too much. Let's talk price now. So you're not budging on price, even that..? Because, it's fair enough... Beggars can't be choosers. But when we're talking about a rate that I'm not gonna take any risks, either."

"....we...might be willing to negotiate on price. However, I'll need to check our stocks first. Black powder isn't easy to come across in Farawlen, especially for people in our...business. As I'm sure you know."

"40gp for the powder horn now, and 260 at most for the rest of the keg on your return. With a promise to consider lowering it if circumstances allow."

"Take it or leave it, but my patience is wearing thin."

Jax

"Ladies and gentlemen, I must insist that you calm down and allow these guards to do their jobs! They cannot possibly hope to solve anything if they are required to deal with you as well! Barkeep, give these poor people a round of drinks if you please. You guards - explain what has happened."

There are a few disgruntled mutters, but the crowd largely listens to Jax and quiets down. The guards give him a thankful look, the female half-elf of the pair approaching to talk.

"Reports of burglary in the upper rooms, sir. The captain's just interviewing the barmaid now. Are you also a tenant here?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am

"No, but my new acquaintance is, and so I am concerned on his behalf. Does this kind of thing happen often?"

((Edit to fix autocorrect))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:32 am

Uragh sits quietly for a couple more moments, as if considering... And eventually, shrugs.

"Alright, fair enough. I'll take the deal." he says, hand moving to a small satchel on his side. "I'll do the payment here, and I suppose one of your crewsmen shall get me a horn..?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:15 pm

((Am I able to reach Veska? Also, are tunnel openings visible from one another?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Kytiel, stable for the moment, works his way over (carefully) to join Veska.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Veska and Kytiel

Moving quickly while he still has his feet, Kytiel scrambles past Veska's flailing (invisible) body, into the fog-filled tunnel beyond.

(You still have an Action if you want to do anything, Kytiel)

Uragh

"Alright, fair enough. I'll take the deal. I'll do the payment here, and I suppose one of your crewsmen shall get me a horn..?"

Jormun simply nods, and you hear the door behind you quietly close as Grogun slips out. Meanwhile, the captain pours another two glasses and offers one to you with a smile.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Mr Uragh. We'll have your parcel ready in just a few moments, and the rest prepared for your return."

Jax

"No, but my new acquaintance is, and so I am concerned on his behalf. Does this kind of thing happen often?"

"Not in this district, sir. Please be assured, we take all reports of this kind very seriously."

At this point, Lucas returns from upstairs - his face pale and expressionless.

"They...they took them. My books..."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Kytiel grabs for Veska and pulls her into the tunnel (if I'm understanding she's not already in there?).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:29 am

Veska and Kytiel

After a bit of searching, Kytiel manages to grab the invisible Veska by the scruff and pull her into the relative safety of the fog.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:19 am

Once Veska's clear of the tunnel she scrambles away a bit further in to the tunnel wall, back pressed against it, panting and staring wide-eyed towards the roaring wind as though afraid it's going to reach out and grab her.

After a few moments, she manages to slow her breathing a bit. "That was- hah... wind was a bit stronger'n I thought, huh? Damn....

Another moment, and Veska unglues herself from the wall, looking about for the trail she'd followed into the wind tunnel. "Hope we ain't missed the right way...."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:20 am

"... Your books? What books?"

Jax looks genuinely confused.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:59 am

"Good, good." he nods himself, with a satisfied little grin himself... Not taking a drink just yet, instead counting out gold coin from his satchel... Eventually having eight little piles of five coins each, putting the side of his hand flat on the table and scooting over the gold in his direction, before securing his pouch once more.

"Test it if you want- Hope you don't think me stupid enough to try and scam a bunch of... Entrepreneurs, however." he says, only then taking a drink as he waits.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:02 am

"Well, good news is I can get us to any of the tunnels... bad news is I'll have to rest in between."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:44 am

Veska and Kytiel

After taking a few moments to compose herself, Veska examines the tunnel they're in more closely. And despite all odds, it seems like they got lucky - the deep scratch marks on the floor and walls leading away from the wind-tunnel they'd just left.

Uragh

"Test it if you want- Hope you don't think me stupid enough to try and scam a bunch of... Entrepreneurs, however."

Jormun picks up one of the coins, giving it a brief look over...then pockets it along with the rest.

"That's quite alright Mr Uragh. I'll trust you. For now."

A few minutes later, Grogun returns, a nondescript bag in his hands. Checking inside, you see a sealed powderhorn, wrapped in a few layers of cloth for protection and concealment.

Jax

"... Your books? What books?"

"My books! The ones I borrowed from the library, to stave off boredom on the long journey here! Ooh, Professor Armistine is going to be so upset with me..."

As Lucas has a minor breakdown, Jax watches the captain seemingly finish interviewing the barmaid. And then get immediately swamped by half-a-dozen patrons, all clamouring for his attention.

"Alright, alright, quiet down! Now, I understand you're all very stressed, but I can't catch whoever did this if you're all talking at once!"

"Good, now - first order of business, is there a "Rob Erikson" here?"

The crowd falls silent, the name apparently meaning nothing to them. It means nothing to Jax either. Then the captain follows with a description that Jax does recognise - it's almost an exact description of the disguise he put on Vatro earlier.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:16 am

"Good. May I..?" Uragh 'asks', carefully unwrapping some of the cloth until he can get a proper look inside... Gently shaking and stirring the contents inside, to make sure he's got a horn full of legit stuff, and not sand covered in a thin layer- But barring he spots anything odd, he soon wraps it up again, seeming contented.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:30 am

Kytiel loops back up the ceiling, keeping pace with the blurry bit of shadow as it moves ahead of him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:36 am

"Ah! Here we are, this way," Veska says with an internal sigh of relief. She starts following the trail, grateful to get further and further away from the wind tunnel.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:01 am

Jax keeps his face impassive and continues speaking to Lucas.

"I'm certain your master will understand that this was not your fault. Were they very valuable, these books of yours? Since the crime occurred here, I expect you should be entitled to some form of recompense, no?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:36 am

Vatro will continue brewing while he's at the hideout, leaving the disguise in his bag of holding.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:21 am

Veska and Kytiel

"Ah! Here we are, this way."

Leading the way, Veska begins following the tracks away from the windy tunnel, Kytiel close behind. This corridor is exactly as nondescript as the previous ones, stone walls rough and uneven, with the fog hanging just as thick and omnipresent in the air.

((Both of you make Wisdom saving throws.))

Uragh

"Good. May I..?"

"By all means, go ahead."

Accepting the bag, Uragh carefully inspects the inside of the powderhorn.

((Make an Investigation check.))

Jax

"I'm certain your master will understand that this was not your fault. Were they very valuable, these books of yours? Since the crime occurred here, I expect you should be entitled to some form of recompense, no?"

"I mean...I can't say they were particularly expensive. But the knowledge! Who knows if the library will ever be able to find replacements?!"

As Lucas has a minor breakdown, Jax notices that the captain has moved on to interviewing the other tenants. He seems to be working his way through the room, taking notes on missing items as well as anything suspicious they may have seen.

Vatro

Meanwhile, the villainous thief who stole from all those poor people settles down at his safehouse, continuing to progress on the alcoholic beverages he's working on.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:24 am

Uragh can be more keen than he lets on.

Investigation: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:35 am

Uragh

Yep, seems to check out. It's been a while since you worked around this stuff, but there's no mistaking the distinct smell of black powder.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:40 am

Veska continues leading the way, trying to keep her wits about her after her harrowing experience.

Wisdom Save in second foggy tunnel: 1D20 = [14] = 14