The Heist - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:26 am

Yeah, I'll make a google docs later today if I can, assuming no one else did- Then we can edit and add to it as we please.

Also, about my background... I assume that means that while regularly, using intimidation on people might come back to bite you later, people would just "let it slide" for Uragh? :shifty:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:38 am

It'll vary depending on the situation, but for the most part...

- Threatening a random peasant: :D
- Threatening a group of guards: :(
- Mugging a dude in the slums: :D
- Mugging a nobleman in the Upper Quarter: :(

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Hehe, yeah, fair. Obviously context always applies.

Anyways, I totally forgot I said I would kick off trying to keep notes... So I just made a very crappy sheet for now- And will probably begin filling it tomorrow.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:46 pm

((I think we need a sheet like this for MotBM... I think I've forgotten most of the clues over there. ...heck probably most games.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:01 pm

:lol: I'm not sure you've discovered tooooo much in MotBM yet, but it would almost certainly help in the future, and definitely for the WA (though that's also what the index is for).

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:01 am

M0rtimer wrote:Also, is this a thing we should actually plan out in full, or we can just say "arrange this"? :shifty:
I wouldn't mind just arranging what our characters will be doing, at this point. This intro scene is kinda dragging on.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Sorry, been travelling the last couple of days.

Timeskipping the set-up stuff you want to do is fine. I'm not going to RP you guys walking out the city then back in or whatever :lol:

Also, if you guys ever want to recall some local knowledge or something, it'll be a straight INT check. I might give you advantage or disadvantage too, depending on whether I think you should know it or not - for example, Uragh would probably have advantage on knowledge about the slums and lower harbour. While Jax might have advantage on something to do with nobles.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:47 am

Dusk9 wrote:So what do you guys want to do now? Do you want to do stuff during the day, or Long Rest to the evening and act overnight?
Veska will definitely wait until it's night. She's gonna hit the Office of Public Sanitation, and anyone who wants to come with is free to.

Question though, is it possible to buy spell scrolls? I was thinking of having Veska get one for Detect Magic. Xanathar's has a table for how much it costs to make them, but nothing for straight-up buying them.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 am

I think Urghar could join with the infiltration to get blueprints.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:57 am

Don't we need Urghar outside of town to play the bodyguard?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:04 am

Ah, true. I was under the impression it was less "outside" of town, and more getting hired inside the town, though. (Unless you'd have sent a message out ahead to come pick you up I suppose)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:08 am

Well, in the spirit of "common people" being dangerous, having his bodyguard meet him in the roadside inn would be in character for a typical nobleman with money and limited practical skills.

Totally up to you though :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 am

Is Kytiel in his Ed Sheeran disguise meeting up with Jax outside town?

If so, he'd make his way there separately under a different look.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:38 am

Whatever works really. We should pre-arrabge a signal so we know how to spot each other, but otherwise, I'm assume Jax and Kytiel know enough to cover the details?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:09 am

Well, Jax would know what Kytiel will look like as the round faced ginger, but some sort of code sign or phase would be good, if Jax will have an appearance Kytiel hasn't seen before.

If we are supposed to have arrived together, it should be something innocuous and familiar.

"I'm looking forward to a bath and a hot meal once we reach the city..."

Or the like...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:22 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Question though, is it possible to buy spell scrolls? I was thinking of having Veska get one for Detect Magic. Xanathar's has a table for how much it costs to make them, but nothing for straight-up buying them.
You can spend some time searching for a store that sells them, if you want? An Investigation check would probably work there. And I'll use the Scroll costs x2 as a base price, then flip the Selling Magic Item so you have to roll good Persuasion to get the price down. So a 1st Level spell scroll like Detect Magic is gonna be about 25-75gp, depending on how good you are at haggling :P

(Or you could just try to steal them. I mean, you guys are criminals, after all... :roll: )

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 am

thinkslogically wrote:Let me know what rolls you'd like for all this, or if you want to break the actions down into smaller chunks.
Since it's part of your Background feature, you don't need to make any checks for the nobleman disguise. Eavesdropping for useful information can be Stealth or Deception to blend in if you don't want to be noticed, and Perception to overhear stuff.

----------------------------------

So I take it people want to spend the day doing general stuff and mostly skip straight to the evening? In that case, what exactly do people want to spend their time on?

So far, I've got;
Jax: Prep disguise and eavesdrop on guards.
Vatro: Stake out bank and bureaucrat offices.
Veska: Search for scrolls to buy?
Uragh: ???
Kytiel: ???

And for the evening adventures;
Jax, Uragh, and Kytiel: Stay at the inn overnight then head back into the city in the morning, to fake the "arriving nobleman and his entourage" routine.
Theis and Vader: Raid the Sanitation Office for the blueprints.

Is that about right?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:23 am

That's good for me. I've edited my other post to include the rolls. Just as well his deception score is as high as it is!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Hmm... Not sure if Uragh would have anything he'd be able to do yet. He'd probably keep up his "cover" of dock worker for a while longer, and would head out in the late afternoon- Suggesting he's got a "better paying job" now...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:53 am

Have Vatro and Veska arranged somewhere to meet? Or are they both going to be robbing the Public Sanitation Office at the same time? :lol:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:34 am

We probably decided on somewhere to meet up? :shifty:

I have no idea where that might be, but somewhere.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:22 am

If/when this is made known to Kytiel, he's got a pretty good shot of getting in easily...

"...something that might be useful. Around the back where the street is narrowest, there's what looks like an office of some kind on the upper floor. An office with unbarred windows. And while the stone walls of the bank are probably too smooth to climb, the low rooftop of the building opposite is almost exactly the right height to jump across..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:34 am

Just to reiterate for the outside-the-city group; it's currently just after sunset, and you could probably get back to the city before the gates closed if you left immediately.

Alternatively, you could stay at the inn overnight and go in the morning. You'll have to pay for lodgings in this case, though.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:34 am

Can I have a Deception check please, Theis?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:39 am

Also Vader, are you searching for discarded burlap sacks, or trying to nick some good quality ones? I'll need Perception if you're searching, or Stealth and Sleight of Hand if you're stealing.

Or you could just buy them, of course. 1cp per sack :roll: