The Heist - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:56 pm

That's not quite Jax's style, but we'll be reporting back fairly soon I guess. Unless you guys die in the sewers or something :D

Insight; Arcana: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24
1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Oh no. Now Uragh is gonna have to kill the kobold. >:D

edit: nevermind, just tired brainfart and misread something. :shifty:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:17 am

Is this still heading in the general vicinity of the bank, Dusk? Uragh would like to know :shifty:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:20 am

Oh right, forgot about that bit. I'll edit the update.

And yes, Kytiel can Help on the Deception.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:23 am

((Jax can roll with Advantage then?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:26 am

Yep.

And update edited.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:52 am

Good thing for that help..! :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Right?! :paranoia:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Sorry for Veska being a grump Mort. It's just her, not me, I swear :paranoia:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:08 am

@Spider: It's around midday right now, for everyone. Not that the sewer team can really tell :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:42 am

Also I didn't have Veska say anything, Mort, because getting Protection from Poison against enemies that use Paralyzing venom (poison) is the most obvious, safest play. If you just wanna brute force it, though, then Barusk said the Crawlers tend to be solitary, though they'll try to ambush us.

I know you've just kinda been sitting around waiting to play while Veska's been doing kobold things, so I thought I'd give the option :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:48 am

Double post, but I thought I'd ask. No one in Veska's pack would happen to be a 3rd level Druid or Cleric that knows Protection from Poison, would they, Dusk? :shifty:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:04 am

I got a bit confused with time last night, but if I had to cast Disguise Self twice (which I think I did) then I'm out of 1st level spell slots. Still got my three Level 2 slots spells though (Enthrall, Suggestion and Calm Emotions) if we need those. Suggestion could be very useful on the clerk, unless he's some sort of elf in which case he's resistant / immune to charming I think.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:25 am

I'm able to cast Disguise Self at will, no slot required, and haven't used any other spells today.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:27 am

Yup. As long as we're a bit careful, Jax should be ok with his regular disguise kit abilities, but he only gets one per trip into town.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 am

So my plan to prepare for the raid on the Crawler nest where Rezak fell, to retrieve his boots, and the subsequent attack on the Maw looks like this:

- Travel home to Veska's pack, to simultaneously warn her pack leader of the danger to the north and if they know where Veska can get Protection from Poison cast on her.
-- The Onyx Depths probably won't accept more help, only respecting and allowing Veska to help since she's her pack's Hunter.
- If the pack leader doesn't know where to get that cast, Veska will reach her criminal contact, Tarquin, sending a runner out to ask if he knows someone who can cast it for her or if he has a spare scroll of it she can buy (she has 300 gold saved up, 190 stashed away and 110 with Vatro in the form of coin and gems)
- After that she plans on heading back north to the Onyx Depths, to begin the hunt with Barusk and his pack

I wasn't sure how much of that you'd want to RP, Dusk, or how much of that we could skip over? It's all just preparatory stuff in my mind, unless you want to link parts of that to other stuff.

And I didn't include anyone other than Veska and Uragh in this plan, because I assume they're doing other things atm. Unless they want to join in? I think we probably have this handled, though.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:58 am

Happy for you guys to do whatever you see fit in the sewers without Jax. I assume it's going to eventually have something to do with our actual job :lol:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:49 pm

Yeah, we can time skip most of that prep stuff. Might ask for a roll or two from you, not sure yet though.

It ties in pretty well with the others too, if their plan is just to hang around outside the bank until evening/something interesting happens. The only question is whether Theis/Vatro wants to join either of the groups, or find his own thing to do.

Also, finally got around to adding Mort's Google Docs sheet to the front page :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:23 am

Alright, so for this little timeskip we've got...

Veska: Reconvene with her pack, warn them about the Crawlers, and do some asking around about Protection from Poison spells (bearing in mind that it has a 1 hour duration).

Uragh: Follow Veska around? Unless you want to find something else to do on the surface while she prepares, so you're not just sitting around in caves for hours :P

Jax/Kytiel: Hang around outside the bank until Barric/his assistant leaves? What specifically are you looking out for?

Vatro: Join up with either group, or find something else to do?

So yeah, I'm going to ask for a Persuasion check from Veska, and Perception checks from Jax/Kytiel. Also a Performance check from Jax, for blending in.

For Uragh and Vatro, I'm just going to assume you're not doing anything unless told otherwise.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:30 am

Uragh is going to get out of the hellhole, under the presumption they're not planning to do an attack on the maw today still..? They're gonna need to prepare probs, and maybe even put the whole issue on the table...

Or maybe Uragh should just go track it down himself. How bad could it be, right?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:36 am

So what's around in this area around the bank? Is it just a bank or do we have like a little market square or anything?

Jax will be looking to blend in either way, perhaps sharing a coffee and a friendly chat with Kytiel's current persona while they take note of the number of city guard passing by, the busy-ness of the surroundings, and any notable comings and goings (e.g. the banks typical clientele). Basicially, people watching for the afternoon.

When the bank teller is spotted, he'll suggest Kytiel tail him, since he's the more important target and K can change his face on a whim to blend in. Jax will take the assistant, and see where he goes.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:00 am

M0rtimer wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:30 am Uragh is going to get out of the hellhole, under the presumption they're not planning to do an attack on the maw today still..? They're gonna need to prepare probs, and maybe even put the whole issue on the table...

Or maybe Uragh should just go track it down himself. How bad could it be, right?
Veska's wants to go in ASAP. The longer this goes unresolved, the greater the chance more kobolds are gonna be killed, if not by the Maw, then by the Crawlers that seem to be related to its appearance.

Anyway, Persuasion on... somebody(?)!
Persuasion during sewer prep timeskip regarding Protection from Poison: 1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
Persuasion during sewer prep timeskip regarding Protection from Poison (ADV if it applies): 1D20-1 = [14]-1 = 13

Not sure who I'm supposed to be persuading here, or even regarding what. For a scroll price, if no one knows anybody that can cast it (not even a priest Tarquin may know)? Anyway, I'm assuming she's using Persuade on either her pack leader or Tarquin, so I provided a second roll for Advantage if it applies.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 am

Is theis still playing?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:16 am

Uragh can try and go get help? Depends on what Veska's impression on the thing would be, whether they'd need the help or not.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:18 am

Don't die side-questing in the sewers :D