Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:01 pm

Jolly, despite all indications otherwise, is not the group's pet human :P.

Like I said bountiful luck is good, but in addition to the issues Spider noted, puts Joe within striking distance of most enemies to be able to use it. Cover has come up but mostly in the tunnel where Joe didn't shoot much because of the chance of hitting Kroshav/Triss, so sniper would have been helpful. It will likely come up again.

I always thought Knock seemed like a fun spell, but there have been no locked doors in this game really. Maybe more later but you have a rogue so it's less useful. Misty step is great, have it on a paladin that uses it offensively.

Identify is good but it does take the fun out of trying things! I am ready to move on from the rope though, but don't let me rush you :roll: .

Everything in the pile was a random loot roll, which I find is often the funniest.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:43 pm

Lurn's already taken Mold Earth, but if we're going to use it for, like, strategic traps or something then having a second with it would double the speed we work.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:00 pm

So what was all the magic/items we found?

(Still thinking on the spells and such. Not sure what to do still)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 pm

There was a list of them a bit ago. As for what to do, there's still the evil books to investigate and then either store and take to a temple for defeating evil plots or destroy.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:15 pm

Okay I thought about it a little, I think that having Spell sniper would be best bet. And with spell sniper....eldrich blast!

The other cantrip learned will be mage hand.

As for spells, I think Misty step and Dragonbreath would be helpful. Since we do not have components for identify and we have not found a spell book yet, I will just keep identify out of her spell book for now.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:01 pm

That will actually make your eldritch blast 'better' than your firebolt, since you're taking it from Warlock, and Joe has better Charisma mod than her Intelligence mod. Certainly not your stereotypical wizard!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:47 am

Okay everyone is done at the ruins now I think?

If so, what is the plan now? The conversation should probably be IC but just so I know!

I will post a list of everything that everyone got a bit later.

Magic stuff (and who has it):

A magic rope, 50 ft (transmutation magic) - Ves
A clear potion, something brown and dirty looking floating in it (transmutation) - ?
A ring made of amber, (abjuration) - Lurn
A couple of bone die, (enchantment) - Lurn
And an empty bag in good shape, (conjuration) - Jaq
Cloak of disguise? - Jaq
Nice long sword - Kroshav

Normal stuff:

Model house made of platinum, gold and silver - ?
Broken, nice looking compass - Ves
Bronze jewelry - Jaq
Books and maps for other possible ruin sites - Joe
Dwarven half plate - Kroshav
Last edited by Rodgeir on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:54 am

Would Joe want to carry the bag of holding? She is often in the middle of the party and not out scouting or in front melee. Maybe easier to get something important out of it in combat? or does that not matter?
Potion of strength? Doesn't really help Kroshav. --- Lurn or Ves? Or does Ves use Wisdom modifier on her attacks?
Dice? If we aren't gonna use them, and I doubt that with Lurn here, Jaq will try to sell them for the party.
Ring? We have no idea what this does yet, right?
------------------------------------

As to what we do next, I guess that depends on what Jolly is planning. Is he thinking he is heading right back to Stenrek?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:00 am

We should probably divvy up the money, too;
170 cp, 900 sp, 87 gp, 11 pp, 8 small (10 gp a piece) and one medium gemstone (25 gp).

Also, we found some metal similar to what magic armour on the skeleton guards was made of, right? It wasn't all magic and evil? Maybe we could try checking if the armour's cursed. If not, two pieces of magic armour. No reason to leave those laying around. I think they were chainmail?

For the potion, Lurn doesn't really use strength much.
For the dice, I want to test whether they can still be used for Augury. If not, then... Well, Lurn wouldn't really approve of selling them, either. He could probably be convinced to give them to Jaq or Ves for proper handling, though.

And yeah, no idea what the ring does. Have to attune it.

---------------------------------

No heading back to Stenrek for the rest of us, since we're wanted. Closest temple to Kelemvor first, for Jaq's curse, then we could work out where the library golem totem thing wants to go.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:38 am

Jolly has said he doesn't really have any plans now. Things didn't go as expected, but I think only Ves knows that.

The two sets of magic armor the dwarf skeletons had are chain mail.

The closest temple was determined to be in Grenmyr.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:44 am

Did the half plate armor game have any distinguishing dwarf marks? Kroshav won't be wearing it, but might be someone would want it back?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:17 am

It had one that Kroshav is familiar with and, with Jaq's help, would identify as the rune for the Duskhammer clan.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:19 am

Then he'll take it with the intent of returning it to them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Joe will take bag of holding.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:12 am

So it seems like Grenmyr is the next destination. Which path are you taking? Probably a question for Ves.

You can backtrack, retracing your path to the road and get your horses and then ride a day to the east. You can head straight there, you can head to the river and follow it to Grenmyr, you can try and float the river or try and cross the river then head south to Grenmyr (not as forested on the other side of the river).

Alternatively you can try and get across the mountains, head east and then get to Bridgeway (bigger city).

Those are the options Ves can layout and she can give a survival roll for what she guesses the time for each to be (probs IC).

@Burns Also, want to point out that it is not a bag so much as a backpack of holding...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:49 am

Joe is going to offload a lot of her books into the bag of holding.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:10 am

And how many pounds of books would you be adding to the backpack? Just out of curiosity.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:25 pm

Uhhhh...I dunno. Maybe around 30-40 lbs of books and other items?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Noted, it still weighs 5 lbs.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:58 pm

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:10 pm

Those videos are great for working out less obvious tricks.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:37 am

Money: 170 cp, 900 sp, 87 gp, 11 pp, 8 small (10 gp a piece) and one medium gemstone (25 gp).

Split six ways, so... Converting the gems to value, it's 105gp added onto the cash, so... 11pp = 110gp, total gp = 302 = 3020sp. Total sp = 3920 = 39200cp. Total cp = 39370. Split six ways is 6561.66666...
So, total value of 6561cp (6pp, 5gp, 6sp, 1cp) each, four copper left over. Someone can get 6 small gems instead of platinum coins, someone else can get the remaining two, the medium one, one platinum piece, and 5 gold... Ugh, I hate working out the maths on this stuff, can we just each add the value we get while some people replace monetary gain with the gems? >.>
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:04 am

Don't forget the mini house :D

It is a hassle but people want their pile of gold!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:53 am

This is a handy way to calculate the money. Money Splitter!

Doesn't handle gems (or gold houses and the like), but if one person wants them all, then that's another 105 gold to be split, or they can be put into a 'party fund' that people can buy the gems from if they'd prefer them, the coin replacing the gems in the party fund can be put towards things for common use.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler