Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 07, 2020 9:57 am

Rodgeir wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:25 pmAlso sorry for the slower updates, I am in a course that is chewing up my days and evenings.
No worries. When does the term end for you? We just finished up last week.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Term ended on the 22nd of March and next on ends on the 9th of June. I've been doing a lot less teaching since I started my PhD and have mostly been working on a EU project. I finished a deliverable in February and finally had a chance to take my first PhD course. It thankfully ended on Wednesday, but now I need to work on a few journal articles I am hoping to get submitted before July. Staying busy!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue May 12, 2020 12:29 pm

Sorry for my lack of posting but RL sort of made life hectic around here in the contaminated south land...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:44 pm

Glad to get that loot off a sheet into the game!

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:27 pm

Yep, you guys should look at the loot and start deciding what you may want to attune to. All of the items except the arrow and the helm are needing attunement. Jaq is keeping the cloak of Elvenkind. The rest is up for discussion/bickering? Tho the eyepatch is cool, he is not gonna risk his eyesight on it, that's one item he will surely be willing to sell and not use.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:17 pm

I'd be interested in the brooch for Kroshav potentially, he's only +1 to insight and +4 to persuasion at the moment, but has been using those checks a fair bit.

Somewhat conflicted about the hammer, I think it is technically probably better than my longsword, given what I know of the longsword, but the sword does talk to me and obviously found its way to me from the gods.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Does the longsword not also give you temp hp, or have I imagined that? Would seem pretty valuable.

And I was eyeing that brooch too. Already +8 to insight, but only - oh wait, +4 on persuasion as well. Yeah, Kroshav can have that, I think a +4 on persuasion is enough for Lurn to make lots of animal friends.

Thought... Does Comprehend Langauges work on beasts? Can Lurn become the ultimate communicator while wearing a silly hat?

Nothing else really catches my eye, unless we want Lurn to get that earring so that he has +10 to hearing things. XD
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:04 pm

The longsword *I think* gives him resistance to necrotic, and does extra necrotic and grants temp HP on a crit 20. And it talks to him.

The hammer would give him a boost to his already high chance to hit and 1d6+1 extra damage on EVERY hit.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:28 pm

Hammer *does* sound better then, yeah. The resistance has been a big help fighting demons, though.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:02 am

The eye-patch doesn't need attunement, nor does the lesser wand of magic missile.

The helmet doesn't work on animals unless they have a language in their stat block they speak (not just understand). Most don't really have that but a few of the more intelligent ones do, like the giant eagle. I would put any animal with a intelligence score of 5+ in the 'can speak' category but there very few animals with that level of intelligence.

At this point Kroshav would probably know that the sword does provide resistance to necrotic damage.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 am

I think if Lurn is willing to carry the helm, it occasional uses we find for it, might be worthwhile. And having one of us with the ability of occasional levitation or flight could also be very useful, but it takes up an attunement slot. If no one else is going to use it (the belt), he would wear that instead of the citrine ring he has been wearing which gives lightning resistance.
Also, the necklace of adaption is amazing if we ever need to go underwater, so hang on to that until we need it, unless someone has an open slot they wear it now, it has some interesting protections.
The wand is a never miss attack, so it has it's own appeal, if nothing else, Joe would really like it I think, if we ever find her again.

Sell the eyepatch, in my opinion.
And I'm still carrying lots of platinum to pay for some party expenses.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:28 am

Mn, a DC12 Con save to cast True Seeing is a bit too much of a risk when the penalty is losing your eye. Lurn's already down one significant body part. XD
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:34 am

The jump/float/fly belt is interesting, and could make for some bonkers leaps for Kroshav, but mobility might be more useful in Jaq's hands (waist?).

Kroshav's long jump would be 60ft with a run up, or 30 ft standing still (currently 20/10). High jump of 24ft with run up (crash through a 3rd floor window?), or 12 ft from stationary (currently 8/4).

Probably rare that it makes a difference, but may for Jaq. Currently he's at 12/6 long and 4/2 high, so belt would up that to 36/18 long and 12/6 high.

Jaq's cunning action allows a lot more use of fly in particular, if you need to be somewhere fast. Rest of use could move 120 ft, while you can move 180 ft.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:57 am

If no one cares that he is taking both the cloak and the belt, he would take them.
Dang, that will make him very stealthy and fast if needed.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:23 am

The ultimate ninja sneaky rogue.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:27 pm

So Humble Bundle has put up a map-making software bundle, with the cheap end having floorplan and battle map tools, and the expensive end having dungeon and city planners. For people interested in designing maps but who find it tedious to do, these would probably help.
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/m ... warebundle
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:28 am

Neat! Might have to look into that.

Ealucam and Kroshav have the same INT modifier. Pretty good for a horse.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:57 am

Hi, this is Burns. I had to change account due to difficulties in accessing my account. I asked Mort before making this account.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:42 pm

Is this a permanent change Burns?

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:49 pm

It might be, I don't know.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Okay, I updated the loot page on the sheet.

Most of the stuff is in Jaq's possession now. I think everything is where it should be and attuned as it should be?

I have updated Kroshav's stats to reflect the Brooch of Insight and Charm.

Lurn, once again has no items attuned!

I also made a small change to the Eye of True Seeing to make it, potentially, marginally less punitive to fail the con save on.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:32 am

It is looking increasingly like there may need to be a time warp for Joe and Cary, whether or not the case is solved...

Would you others (Spider, Dlover, NSF) be up for a time speed up on the travel to them? There is going to be at least a half dozen days like the one described just now.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 am

I'm down for however you deem best to handle the timelines!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:15 am

Catching up with the others would be great, however you wish to accomplish is fine with me.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Mn, I have no problem with time skips.
My game:

My characters: