Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:19 am

Are Jolly and Jaq gonna have to kill nearly everything themselves??

o:)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:37 am

Apparently. :roll:

So far my highest die roll was the 13 I rolled for initiative...

12 (Kroshav's only hit with a +7 added)

So, my 6 attack rolls have a total of 31...

The probability 6d20 = 31 ..... 0.22%
The probability of 6d20 < or = 31 ..... 1.15%

Looking forward to the regression to the mean, but hope it comes when it matters!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:10 am

Dlover wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:55 am (Kind of a shame that it's not a Ritual, since it would be a good way to recover in downtime like this if not for costing spell slots.)
Don't think there are any healing spells that are rituals, free healing would be too strong, and set the stage for player/DM conflict if the DM wants to challenge them. The 'adventuring day' is a slow attrition of resources, and the players have to decide what to spend where, free healing would be like allowing a long rest after each fight. Even with taking short rests, you have a finite number of hit die to spend as a healing resource.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:38 am

True, it would ruin the balance, but it's painful to spend a level 2 slot on healing these goblins, even though there's no way that Lurn wouldn't do it. >.>
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:26 am

Consider all the goodwill you creating with a random tribe of goblins in the middle of a massive forest far, far from where you want to be. All the dividends it will pay out!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:37 am

When Himmak is crowned King of Goblins, he'll remember us...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:57 am

I’m out of town at a work training until Friday. I can post as normal but my phone rebels on the dice rolling. Please roll dice for me the next few days.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Team name suggestion... The Everlasting Hobstoppers.

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:49 pm

XD
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:43 pm

That is an excellent name, too bad you're never going to meet another hob the rest of the campaign as we now transition to the political intrigue portion!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Yeah, because we stopped them!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:06 am

Okay, I have updated the map of the Duchy on page 1 to include a Legend, updated the list of people known and the 'quest' list.

Let me know anything/one is missing.

For reference the party is only a bit west of Grenmyr, south and a bit east of the red marked ruins on the map.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:21 am

Are folks waiting on something from my end? Or have my walls of text worn you all out :P?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:03 am

Me and Thinks are waiting.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:11 pm

((yeah, not using luck today, we're just travelling))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Was waiting for a perception check (at disadvantage) from Ves but we can roll without! - actually are you to going to rest at all or try to reach the next village today? It would be possible but you'd get in a bit after dark.

Can I also get a d20 from Burns or Thinks?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Your squad:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:24 am

I think it kind of got glossed over in thread at least on my part since I wasn't following things is closely. But Kroshav would of wished Ves and Joe well, thanked them for the opportunity, look forward to seeing them again, etcetera before they parted ways.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Same- Ves is hoping to run into them again in due course, and may well offer her services to the fighting in some fashion if it sounds like she'd be a) welcome and b) useful.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Sorry that there wasn't much space for doing character things while they warped in the reinforcements. Things should open up for other activities for a while now!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Now, there were two sets of this adamantine armour, but I only had one in my inventory. Spider, did Kroshav pick up the other? And would you want to keep it? If I'm not mistaken, K can use heavy armour, and while chainmail is technically 1AC less than half-plate for you, there's the addition of crit immunity.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:27 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:01 am Unless he's counseled otherwise, if Lurn is willing, Kroshav will attune to the chainmail that evening.
Kroshav is in possession of the other chainmail and is currently rocking it. The half plate is actually a -1 AC for Kroshav with his 0 dex...Jolly on the other hand would get a +1 AC from what he currently has (scalemail).

I do recall Kroshav wanting to make sure it got back to its rightful owners though and giving/lending it to Jolly may not jive with that?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:00 pm

I honestly forgot about any of that... Kroshav's 7 INT makes my forgetfulness really good RP.

It was the dwarven half plate and hammers I think that he wanted to get back to their owners, part of his wanting to track Enrud down.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Ah, I forgot Kroshav didn't have +2Dex.
My game:

My characters: