Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:08 pm

There is no encomberancehere. Ye be below max limit or nay.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:14 pm

I had to read that first sentence more than once...

But yes, the 15*STR is the default Carrying Capacity, while the 5*STR = Encumbered and 10*STR = Heavily Encumbered belong to a variant rule set.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Yep, the variant rule is more akin to reality but not applicable here!

Though apparently dropping heavy, potentially valuable armor is a good way to fill that up!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Oh, I thought we were using Encumbrance rules. Well then, Lurn can carry a hell of a lot, so these aren't going to be a problem. Since Kroshav wants one he can have it easily. Still going to suggest we officially put Lurn's crossbow/bolts in Jolly's inventory, though. Do we have an inventory for him somewhere?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:21 am

Jolly has an inventory of sorts on the loot page, I'll add it if you subtract it from your inventory.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:32 am

Righto
Oh, I should note that it's specifically a "Light Crossbow." I've only been saying "crossbow" because I'm lazy with typing.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 pm

I hope the Undead Ruins™were a fun/interesting end of long trip!

Is there anything you would like recapped as you head back to civilization?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:25 pm

I enjoyed it, that's for sure. Don't think I really need a recap on anything, either.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:41 am

No I think I'm good :) That was fun

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:24 am

In case anyone is wondering I roll for weather, which has unfortunately given the party a rather rainy summer.

Remember that it is good for the crops!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:18 am

It works out quite cinematically.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:00 am

I would be lying if I said it didn't please me that rain came on the same day you'd reach the ravine.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 am

Do you have a table you use for that?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 am

I started with this and made it 'better' by bringing it to 5e and a few other adjustments that seemed to make sense to me.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Joe could cast it on Lurn and lurn can carry some people up.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:35 pm

So yeah, this might be a good place to pause for an ooc chat about this Very Dangerous plan!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:33 pm

... Again I should be reading OOC before posting. One moment while I do MATHS

Okay, so Lurn can literally carry Joe and Jaq with zero difficulty, assuming everyone has their inventory weights filled out properly. That accounts for inventory weight and personal weight. Could carry Jolly instead of Jaq, but not instead of Joe, since her being so light is key to not being overburdened, since he's only got 34.82lb of leeway left when carrying those two. If I pass off both sets of spare armour Lurn's carrying to Kroshav, he'd have 99.82lb free, but I don't think that's enough to carry Jolly on top of the other two?

Then again, if Lurn doesn't carry Joe, then he'd have 173lb free, so that's enough to carry Jaq and Jolly, I'm sure. If Joe's pack is passed off to Ves, then adding Joe leaves 136.7lb for Jolly...

It's hard to do all the math without actually knowing how much Jolly weighs.

Also jeez, two people and their inventories weight barely more than everything Lurn is already hauling.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:43 pm

Jolly is a big boy (thick arms, pretty solid gut), Lurn would put him easily around 200lb without his equipment, which includes 45lb of armor. In the moment Lurn wouldn't bet he is anything less than 250lb all together.

Seems like everything got figured IC more or less. Sure it'll be fine.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 am

Just keep running :D Ves can carry Joe if needs be and haul gear across on a rope if we get caught out.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:30 am

Should've had Lurn dump his packs and given him Spider Climb so he could just haul Jolly and Jaq across. He can carry 500lb, so he'd manage the 250 + 165 easily. Then it'd just be Kroshav left to drown rather than Jaq potentially getting stuck on the starting side.
Absolutely has nothing to do with showing off how STRONK Lurn is. :P
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:16 am

Got to say I am a little surprised the Stick of staying in place unless touched wasn't used in this daring crossing!

Looking over things I see I have a few corrections to make:

The village your heading back to is Tall, not Timmer.
Joe would have had a +1 to her wisdom saves in the temple from her ring. It wouldn't have mattered but still. I updated her sheet to reflect this.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:32 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:44 pm hp [1d6] = 4 +2 = 8 hps
Looks like it should be 6 there Burns unless I am missing something? Also updated on the sheet.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:02 am

It's not that much help unless you're going to, like, stick it through your pack and repeatedly grab and release it for controlled falling, then hold it in your mouth on the way up.
Need a strong pack to do that, though, suspend your weight.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:03 am

First thing that popped into my head was tying a rope to it, having Lurn and Kroshav use it to get down then have one of the spider walkers bring it over to the other side for them to climb up. Without spider walk it would have probably been a stronger idea as Ves could move the rope over easily enough by just moving the stick and it would have made the climbing DC lower for everyone else. I had more ideas for it but I will keep them to myself.

The controlled falling is interesting though, hadn't considered that.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 am

It would also have slowed us down in a circumstamce where by the description, we were looking at two easy climbs an an immediately impending flood. My understanding was that we were in a major hurry.