Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:17 am

I agree with it, but before Kroshav it was a non-issue!

I have taken it further that the two heaviest sets of armor in both classes cannot be slept in (for long rest purposes) at all.

So for a breastplate you may be able to get some rest but you're not going to recover HP or HD.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:30 am

Currently rocking chainmail, so should be good? Will keep that in mind if I get splint of full plate.

With a Dex of 10, I might have to get a chainshirt or something to wear as pajamas when I do... :D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Chainmail is fine, just XGtE rules there. A chainshirt night gown sounds comfy. And cold.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:36 pm

It's between warmer layers, he wouldn't just be putting on a mesh top peep show for the others. :P

"Made of interlocking metal rings, a chain shirt is worn between layers of clothing or leather. This armor offers modest protection to the wearer's upper body and allows the sound of the rings rubbing against one another to be muffled by outer layers."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:08 pm

We all know that Kroshav likes the way the metal rubs against his scales, and no one is judging.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Here's Joe and Ruby

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Nice! I pictured the hat bigger...and the bird!

Also Joe can take the average, so her HP is going to be 4+2.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:31 pm

It was somewhat hard judgeing how big I should make Ruby since Joe herself is small (and Ruby is tiny)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Ruby's a good bird!

Roughly to scale...

Also occurs to me that Lurn looks like Lurn now, instead of a red dragonborn?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:28 pm

Wow Joe is so tiny! Also just noticed that the picture was more yellow, probably due tologhtingt I will try to remember to retake it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Yyyeah, Lurn will now look like his towering self. Which is only slightly taller than the illusion appeared.

(Also, Lurn wears chain too, y'know. So we weren't completely without people in armour)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Kroshav's not too used to having to look up when talking to people, Lurn will be a bit of an adjustment!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:44 pm

And Lurn's not used to not having to lean forward to see a person in front of him. :p
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:01 pm

I bet Joe is annoying to them, since she's like the smallest Halfling, they'd basically have to look at thier feet to see her. (I have no idea how I made her so smul, I think at the time I thought 2' was the base?)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Could be worse, firbolg get up to 8 ft tall!

For halflings, average is about 3 ft, if you were using the random height and weight table, the smallest you'd get on a roll is 2'9".
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:04 am

True, going from 6'2" to 8'2", Lurn's actually relatively short, at 6'9". Just burning out those low rolls on the less important things, y'know?
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:07 am

Yep, all your rolls have been super high since! :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:01 am

And the ones that are only average have been greatly benefited by unreasonably high stats.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:35 am

So quick question, but is the looting for flavour or is it mechanically important? Just wanting to clarify how much I should rely on the Outlander feature for saving rations for the journey.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:04 am

There is always going to be a chance if there are other creatures around that they are going to disrupt the gathering/availability of food. This was a combo situation where it was both flavorful and mechanical. Ves knows from experience that game and other edibles are largely available in the forest so that she can rely on her skills but she would also know that it isn't always a guarantee.

Just for an example, if the group enters an area filled with something that would cause small game to have fled there will be less available (and Ves will notice this). A settlement of goblins in the area would also decrease the amount of things available, but again Ves would notice the difference when she went out foraging.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:06 am

Ok, sounds good. Just keep me posted on what things look like as we go then :) if there are particularly abundant areas of less-perishable forage (e.g. roots / nuts etc) then she's more likely to stock up if supplies are variable.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:13 am

Will do! The pacing here makes it easier to remember to do...

Any plans after breakfast everyone?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:47 am

Onwards I guess :)

EDIT: How far away are we from the point where we'll need to start heading north?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:07 am

You can head north at any point, if you look at the map you can take the road all the way to Grenmyr and head north. Depending on your path I can let you know what Ves knows or I can give a few alternatives with Ves' estimated travel times and what she knows along the way?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:08 am

Ok, that's what I thought, but we need to get rid of the horses somewhere right? Where can we do that? How far can we take them with us?