Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Maybe she'd want to hire Ves for that? Right now, I think Ves is pretty set on going back to her usual day job but circumstances won't take much altering to persuade her along :)

Lurn might just need some undead motivation in his life. I can't imagine it'd sit too well with a priest of death if the dead refuse to stay put :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:24 pm

It certainly wouldn't. Though I don't think he has any special god powers for telling them to get back in bed.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Still, that's something he doesn't like :) how does he feel about murderers and stuff? Would that be like stealing a life, or just another tool for the good of death?

Actually, depending on how much you guys want to move on, this is a conversation Ves wants to have with Lurn while they wander about. We can do it IC or OOC tho, depending on player/dm choice :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:09 pm

While to him death is an unavoidable thing, murder is still murder. And it's just making more work for his god. But he'll still kill when he needs to, so he's as much of a hypocrite as most adventurers.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:33 pm

"Huh. So... Is there a balance you need to keep for your god while you're alive? Or does it just... Keep a tab that you pay off when you die or... Something. How do you know which deaths are the right ones?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:31 am

"I don't know which are the right ones. If I am able to avoid killing it is for the better, if I am not then the deaths are supposed to be. Should I somehow manage to preserve a life which has reached its end, another end shall find it shortly. It is easier to allow death than prevent it, and so knowing that life is structured on hardships we seek to prevent death when it is possible, and the rest will sort itself out... Well, that is how we rationalise our lives as mortals; the gods do not simply hand down a list telling us who may live or die, but instead hand down their gifts to those who They know shall act in Their interests."

((Gods it's hard to write this sort of thing, I have no knowledge about how preaching is usually made to be not-senseless.))
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:01 am

"huh."

Ves thinks about that quietly for a while.

"My family used to tell me that the ghosts of the dead walk amongst us all the time, watching out for us. It's probably just something to tell children to stop them being scared at night. ... Right?"

He might notice there's probably more to this question than she's necessarily asking.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 am

Jaq is finding that he liked the bit of adventure they just had, and from hearing stories of his parents, he is most certainly ready to travel a bit and expand his horizons.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Sorry about the slow down. Work has been rather intense for the last month and a half. I am hoping it eases it pretty soon as I am wearing a bit thin. The conversation was fine to happen while Ves and Lurn were out wandering in the night or while they were sitting with Jolly. It would make sense that it would happen after Jolly's questioning of Lurn too.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:15 am

thinkslogically wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:01 am "huh."

Ves thinks about that quietly for a while.

"My family used to tell me that the ghosts of the dead walk amongst us all the time, watching out for us. It's probably just something to tell children to stop them being scared at night. ... Right?"

He might notice there's probably more to this question than she's necessarily asking.
"It depends. When one who dies possesses a particularly powerful regret, they can sometimes remain as a spirit, though more often it will be magical powers that surpass death. Regardless, the spirit is not meant to remain beyond death. It twists and corrupts, as the soul goes against its nature. That is why the undead must be laid to rest."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:05 am

"...oh."

Feeling a little more sad than she was before, Ves has run out of questions for now (she'll probably have more later).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:09 am

Added the world map under the map of the Duchy since Jaq's dad dropped some names. Pangaea for the win! The two big islands belong to the Elves and Dragonborn respectively. The other large island in the north is part of the Shining Kingdom. The Elven invasion hit about the middle of the Kingdom of Firth before it was pushed back (and it didn't start in the Duchy). The planet is similar in shape to Earth so this map suffers from projection errors, if it matters. Just to give a feel for travel time, walking from the south most tip of the continent to the north most would take over half a year (using the normal walking speed of 24 miles per day), or just over 5k miles. East-west longest point would be around 3.8 k.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:55 am

Are people waiting on NSF's response or have I written you into a narrative dead end?

Edit: Or people are on holiday that I forget runs all weekend! :oops:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:32 am

No special holiday for me (Just freedom from classes), but waiting on Jaq to receive and read the letter.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:12 am

More or less waiting on Jaq as well.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:27 am

Yup, waiting on Jaq :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Ah good! I was just worried people were waiting for more input from me.

Enjoy your vacation/time away from classes/Saturday!

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:39 am

Sorry, reading to catch up and posting soon, was visiting up north Wisconsin for the holidays and my phone refused to work other than as a telephone. Can you imagine that! It would not even text. I need to have it looked at...sigh.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Just looking at the character stats again and I enjoy that Lurn's survival is +5 but nature is -1. He knows where to go but he is not the guy to ask if that mushroom is okay to eat.

Updated Ves hit points, saw that you updated Lurn's inventory Dlover. I will try to update Ves' tomorrow. Maybe.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:35 pm

He can find his way, but finding food that won't poison him? He's got rituals for getting rid of poison. Why know anything about nature? :p

Actually, here's a real kicker, his medicine is +7, but nature -1. So he can tell you how to fix almost anything, but the moment he stops talking about medicine, damned if he knows what that plant is. It'll stop the bleeding, but it also might be poisonous if you eat it, so don't like it.

... Actually, with the Detect Poisons & Diseases and the Purify Food & Drink rituals, it does make sense that he'd be able to get safe food and water without actually knowing nature stuff.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:10 am

Skills likely deemed important after several unpleasant food posionings :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:47 am

I mean, there's a reason Purify Food And Drink is part of the prayers involved with his morning meal. :P
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:56 am

Isn't it just great when Luck gives you a bad roll, but trolls you by giving the opposition an even worse one? :lol:

And before people panic, yes, I am indeed letting down the illusion. Why? Because if the guard calls Lurn on his identity he can play the racism card.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:53 am

It turned a tense situation right around for Lurn. Had such plans, such plans!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:00 am

There can be two things you can usually be confident in. First is that Lady Luck will troll me in some way, second is that she will always ruin the DM's plans. :P
My game:

My characters: