Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:30 am

Too bad that riposte didn't have the extra d8 damage. Would have been a nice coup de grâce!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Wrong OOC?

Once Kroshav gets his oath abilities, he'll be able to imbue his weapon with holy power and add his Cha mod to his attack rolls. If we have two rounds to get ready to fight, he can cast Bless on himself too and be able to attack at 1d20 + 11 + 1d4... Which will then be + 12 after level 4 ASI and + 13 at 5th level.

:shudder:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:55 pm

Hah! Niiiiice! I can see Ves hanging out with Kroshav for a while after this. They seem like they'll be buddies (who may or may not punch each other a bunch))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:16 pm

Highly unlikely to cast both Bless and channel Sacred Weapon at the same time though, that's taking up 2 turns worth of actions, unless it's a "Ok, we kick the door in on three" situation.

If they do some unarmed sparring, Ves may outpace him slightly, since she can punch twice a round (1d4+2 + 1d4+2 = 9 average) to his once, but if he hit's he's doing 6 damage each time with his big ol' scaled fists.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:50 pm

You never know :) I think she'll be focusing on Dex for the next couple of ASIs. I'm not sure what feats would suit her or if I want to go that route... There's a few that are pretty circumstantially cool, but I feel like she's got some points to make up first.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:07 pm

Yeah, at 14 DEX you could probably drop your next 2-3 ASI into that and come out ahead of anything you'd get from a feat. Hard to argue with + 1 to AC and +1 to hit and +1 to damage.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:21 pm

Right? It just makes everything better!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:36 am

I should really ask at this point... What does ASI mean? I've gathered that they either related to or are the levels where you get to take a feat or some stats, but that's as much as I can work out.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:44 am

Ability score improvement.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:59 am

Oooh that makes sense. Almost... too much sense.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 am

Yeah under the base rules ASI (+2 to one stat or +1 to two) is standard, and feats are an optional rules set that DMs can allow.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:32 am

Well that is one magic item down, let free into the wilds.

I have also added a loot page to the Google sheet and will populate it as time permits.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 am

Ves would have been surprised and confused by that particular decision, but some of her clients have done stranger things, so she keeps quiet.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:38 am

Can't say that my reaction was much different than Ves' but hey, PCs do crazy shit.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:01 am

:lol: Ves is secretly a DM

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:19 am

Rodgeir wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:38 am Can't say that my reaction was much different than Ves' but hey, PCs do crazy shit.
What you expect Joe to do with a golem that constantly repeats itself to give the figurine back and it leaves when you give it to the golem? With the figurine it leaves wothout it stands there and repeats itself constantly and not much else.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:38 am

It wasn't asking for the summoner back per se, just to return it to the library. Joe's understanding of what it wanted was what Joe understood :shrug: .

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:54 am

I wasn't really paying attention to the figurine/golem stuff, but I'd probably have followed it to go and find the library it was after or asked it to fetch a book. Ves wouldn't have thought of any of that though :)

If Joe wants to mention it to Ves / Jaq, we can always try to follow its trail, but I'm not that hopeful that it won't just have kept walking forever until it gets to wherever its destination is. Either way, it's all good. At least it's happily getting to head home!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:07 am

(Joe did say the golem walked off and they all can hear it crashing through the woods. I figured since it was going south you wouldn't want to follow it, but I am interested to see where it goes)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:10 am

Ves was distracted by the temple all night, so wouldn't have been paying much attention to Joe doing stuff by herself a ways away from the camp. If she heard it stomping off she'd probably have gone to check with Joe what was going on, but unless specifically asked, would have just thought Joe had her own reasons for releasing a library golem into the world by itself and let it happen.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Updated the loot sheet again... Gems and the like? Who has?

From this Friday until next Saturday I will be away from a computer and likely won't be able to post much.

Consider this also my notice to the other two DMs :D.

Oh and Ves knows the group is, if they maintain their pace, about two days from their destination.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:05 pm

I thought we were two days away yesterday? Did we get that off-track?

Man... Glad I didn't tell the others the ETA :lol:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:47 pm

I did a double check to make sure I wasn't extending your fun times in the forest to be sure and Ves would say you are 1.5 days away. Ves lead them off track and while she corrected for the too much west by following the road to the east there wasn't much travel north after lunch. You also called it a night a couple hours early to explore the ruins and (presumably?) because it got dark sooner due to the rain.

Ves wouldn't have been that wrong.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:39 am

Joe needs to learn to follow this enterprising gnome's trick with either Lurn or Kroshav (I'm assuming only those two could pull it off)
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:09 am

Honestly Joe is small enough anyone could carry her without encumbrance. It would make more sense with Lurn or Kroshav though.