Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:45 am

Ok, so what are we doing? We can:

Follow a construct in the past (I'm happy for Joe to have just set it free but can roll survival to follow it if you guys want to get it back)?

Climb into a muddy temple?

Get to Jolly's ruins?

My vote is just to press on (give or take a quick check of the temple). Ves would be curious about it, but Jolly's her client and would want to get him to his destination safely without putting him at any more unnecessary risk. Joe seems like she can handle herself.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:56 am

Yeah, she's tiny.

Kroshav wants to practice a variant of the fastball special with Ves for use in combat sometime.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:57 am

Pahaha! Cool :D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:59 am

If you're going temple crawling, it's just the three of you, Team Big Boys™ will need to stay top side. Kroshav has been paid by Joe, so will do whatever she wants, but trusts Ves's guidance (even more so now).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:13 am

I'm in favour of deactivating the golem and going with it another time. An ancient library could be a cool ruin to explore, but we're definitely not finding it without following that golem.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 am

And while deactivated, it's not calling for it's summoner, right, it's just the figure as the goblins gave it to us?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:49 am

Yup, as far as I saw it was only annoying when activated. We could just put it back in a pocket and forget it.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:26 am

Joe didn't wander off too much with the figurine, so ye should hear her talking to it n activate/deactivate it.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:29 am

All correct.

Sorry about the description of the cellar entrance being vague. I knew what I was picturing! There is certainly room from.something halfling sized or smaller to come out sneaky like.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri May 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Well, we haven't attracted attention yet, at least not enough to get attacked out right. So, should Ves and Jaq stay back, but stay in arrow range so they can shoot if the others are attacked, while the Melee types pick a building to enter? Jaq and Ves should then follow and keep them in sight.
Cool map and effects BTW

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 04, 2019 7:58 am

Thank Roll20 for the effects and my RL dnd crew for paying for it!

Waiting for some of the others to act. What are Joe, Kroshav and Lurn doing if Ves and Jaq are hanging outside?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 04, 2019 2:50 pm

Was looking at the Google sheet and couldn't figure out why Lurn and Ves' sheets were so damned slow then I found that they both had about 600 rows worth of blank cells. Not sure how that happened? Either way they are gone so both those pages should run noticeably faster. Eliminated some bloat from the Group page along with a few of the other pages to hopefully improve everyone's spreadsheet experience.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat May 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Oh nice, I never noticed it being slow to load. Anyway, as for what's being done... Not really much to be done other than unlimbering weapons and proceeding cautiously.
Never mind, looks like there's been an update.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Gotta say I am excited for this!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 07, 2019 2:10 am

Hooh boy, here we go. And then it's just instantly ended by Lurn using his Channel Divinity to give the skeleton thing Vulnerability to the next hit and Kroshav hitting it with his big paladin damage.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 09, 2019 3:07 pm

I certainly don't like that skeleton numbers go up to at least 23...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 09, 2019 5:48 pm

We maaaay want to look into dealing with that's animating them. Maybe the fire.
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu May 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Not sure what Joe's capabilities are with a swarm of Skeletons, but Jaq needs to stay out of range or get cut down pretty quickly.
Also thinking it is not a great idea to run back to the rest of the party right now and drag a bunch of skellies right up behind them, so, maybe good to run away from temple a bit, see if they stop following at a certain distance, or maybe cut some down hopefully before rejoining the others? Burns?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 09, 2019 10:23 pm

Joe does have shatter. It's a 10' radius and does 3d8 dmg. Half on save.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 am

10' radius is, what, four spaces? Would need to get them grouped up for that.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 10, 2019 5:19 am

Sorry for being a bit slow on the updates. Busy, busy.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 10, 2019 6:04 am

Dlover wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 am 10' radius is, what, four spaces? Would need to get them grouped up for that.
Four by four square, without the corners. Like a fat + sign.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 10, 2019 6:39 am

Truly the best kind of + sign.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun May 12, 2019 10:16 am

Dlover wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:08 pm Since he's already in melee using his mace may be better, since it's 1d8+3 instead of a flat 1d12, but it would also require an accuracy check instead of the wisdom save, and... Y'know, I don't think Lurn can even have his mace out? You need to have a hand free to grasp your holy symbol, right? So one hand holds the shield and (technically, but not actually because of flavour) one to grasp the icon hanging from his neck?
I also once read something about having your god's symbol painted on your shield to replace the need for an amulet or such, but eh.
I am fine with Lurn having whatever Kevin's holy symbol is on a shield. It seems reasonable to me that martial casters would integrate their symbols with their weapons/armor in some way.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 12, 2019 4:40 pm

(A skeletal hand holding a set of scales.) Anyway, having that emblazoned on his shield would make things run a bit more smoothly since I can actually make melee attacks then. XD
My game:

My characters: