Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:50 pm

Zephyr got a crystal from the gnome ruin bathroom that was a magic air freshener. It nice smells when touched.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Only when touched? Nobody wants to touch urinal cakes.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Don't think she ever tried peeing on it, at least not that was covered in game!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:40 pm

Off topic, Does anyone here play Magic The Gathering online?
Specifically, MTG Arena?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:45 pm

I think I downloaded it at one point, but while I played the physical version a lot in the past, never really got deep in any of hte online.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:09 pm

its the newest online version. free. Tho you can use money on it.
and pretty darn fun I think.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:45 pm

Well, I'm playing it now. :D

My issue with past iterations on online magic was that if I already had the cards, and had a deck built with a particular strategy, why spend that money again to get thsoe cards in a digital format.

Though now I kind of want to set up a physical Magic game over Zoom...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:20 am

I learned to play Magic using an online version after a friend 'taught' me to play the game by inviting me over and destroying me a half dozen times. Once I had learnt I spent a good deal of money (cough) purchasing cards for decks and playing with my friend a couple more times before he lost interest. Never went back to the online version for the same reason Spider notes, I have real cards why buy them again? DnD took over the space in my life that was used for Magic and I enjoy DnD more. Same friend got me running a RL game and then bailed after a dozen sessions to have more time for hang gliding, then martial arts then LARPING and then snowboarding...and so on.

Anyhow, now when I do play Magic I play against my oldest daughter who plays cards based on how much she likes the pictures. Works surprisingly well with a red/green deck!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:00 am

Doesn't MTG:A still require you to gain all the cards, though? You don't have to spend money on it, but it takes time to build up decks doesn't it? That said, I don't really know much about MTG. I've seen an amount of play, some gimmick stuff like matches between specific mechanics (Decks focused around "enter the battlefield" effects versus "on death" effects for example), but otherwise just don't really know much on card games. Dice love me, cards hate me, and if you give me a standard MTG deck I'll probably spend most games either flooded with lands or having nowhere near enough.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:01 am

I have not, and won't, speand money on it. And it is pretty darn fun in my opinion.
When you first start they kind of assume you might be new to playing so there is a tutorial of sorts where you play against AI. When you win against the AI it opens up the different colored decks for you and dual deck of each combination of colors. I actually enjoyed the AI games to learn the nuances of the online play and it didn't get boring at all.
Once done with that you have a LOT of cards. And you get free packs quite often for 'leveling up' by winning matches.
If you really want a certain deck, yeah, you can spend lots of money, but I have earned some really cool rare cards for free and win as often as lose when I play.

And I haven't bought real magic cards in SOOO many years, they are all new to me anyhow.

I still have ALPHA and BETA cards, which I really should sell and remodel my house with the money. My Library of Alexandria is worth...a lot.

ANYHOW, I haven't tried it yet, but I know you can play games on Arena with people you 'friend' and play matches agains them. Though there is no real chat at all on the site.
If someone is interested.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:44 am

Awful quiet round here anymore.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:37 am

Not much to do on my end but wait, and I've been working hard on uni work lately, so not a whole lot of talking.

If it's idle talk, though, the final Terraria update is only about 2.5 weeks away, and I'm hyped for that.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:39 am

((What is the cultural response to claiming Divine intervention? Any way of 'proving' that?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:55 am

Commune, lets you ask your god three yes or no questions, if the answer is outside the god's knowledge it may answer with "unclear." It's 'only' a level 5 spell. But also a ritual, so no spell slot needed. If there's a level 9+ cleric available (Or a level 17+ Devotion paladin or 9+ Divine Soul sorcerer who chose to take the spell), then they can ask a god for an undeniable answer.

I somehow imagine that's not going to actually be a plausible course of action, though, this captain isn't going to allow something like that. She just wants it done quick for the glory.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:18 pm

I would agree that commune would be a solid way of asking a god for confirmation, though it does specify that it needs to be your god. Pelor isn't among the small legion of Kroshav's patron gods so he wouldn't be able to ask him. He could ask one of his gods to check with Pelor?

Less meta I would say that divine interference is fairly commonplace, there are direct manifestations of their power every time a paladin or cleric does magic. Kroshav could roll a religion or history check to see if it seems like Pelor's style? Even if it is or isn't, Kroshav will not be sure if a god interfered or if it was even Pelor if a god did do it.

Don't know what Terreria is?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:01 pm

Terraria is... It's a game. Been around a long while, with big updates every now and then, really dedicated userbase. Some people call it a 2D minecraft, since you can mine and build, have to use the materials you collect to make new equipment, but Terraria is focused more on action and equipment, rather than Minecraft's building. Plenty of bosses and events, different difficulty stages which change what you'll encounter as you achieve more.

There are also just a massive variety of structural block appearances, so more artistic people can build some impressive things if they want to, and while the game doesn't have direct modding support (though with this final update they're making the mod that allows for modding a free DLC) there are still a massive number of mods.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 am

Well you inspired me to Google it. Looks... interesting? After having around for 9 years it's great they still are updating.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 01, 2020 6:01 am

It's a game I've really enjoyed, my second most played, and it really has had a lot of updates until this last one, but it can take a lot of grinding, minding around to find all you need.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 05, 2020 8:50 am

So, a thought. We have a LOT of unclaimed loot on the sheet. For the most part I'm not bothered about distribution (clearly none of us are), but shall we just say Lurn has the miniature building and that he's gonna donate it to the temple?

Also, it was pointed out to me that Knock exists, and can probably open our fancy box thing? Maybe?
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue May 05, 2020 9:44 am

We will have quite a bill at the temple for IDing and the building and maybe some of the items that we don't want after ID'd can go for payment and thanks, yep.
Jaq grabbed quite a bit of stuff, so once it's figured out what it does, it can be handed out, as long as there aren't TOO many questions of where it all came from from those concerned. Hopefully one of the wands will be of use to Lurn.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 05, 2020 2:25 pm

Temple is with Joe in her haversack of holding unfortunately. That was where it was last before you joined the army. In fact most of the items of value ended up with Ves and Joe in that bag. At least that is the last place it was noted...

Also sorry for the slower updates, I am in a course that is chewing up my days and evenings.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue May 05, 2020 4:57 pm

I do recall that being in the haversack of holding...no issue. Jaq has enough looted to pay for some stuff and distribute some to all.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 05, 2020 6:33 pm

Was it? Makes sense, I forgot we even had one of those.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 06, 2020 5:23 am

The haversack had a recent scene in which Ruby needed to grab a cloak out of it while Joe was too busy doing a ritual to help Cary with the investigation.

I don't really care who has the stuff but Joe did put it in the bag last. If you want to say that Lurn grabbed the most valuable art object you had looted (Joe estimated between 1,500-4,000 gold) to donate to his church you all can decide that! ;)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 06, 2020 7:36 pm

I was essentially just looking at the loot table and noted a big heavy valuable thing that would probably be difficult to find a buyer for and decided it was an option to clear out the clutter while being a good cleric.
My game:

My characters: