Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:35 pm

(I think it is good Kroshav is confused. I think he was sensing your sword. And if Kroshav understood that, he'd probably tell him that and get it confiscated.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:58 am In that spot stands a lurking, warping blackness in the shape of a humanoid with a sword and glowing red pits where it's head would be.
((Nah, I was wondering if this guy had a sword he dropped... unless it was mirroring Kroshav?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:46 am
----

The daughter says,

"Is all that...normal? What is tha' cat doin'?"
Cary just chuckles..."Now you know why we have the halfling around...her trained cat..."

Deception: 1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20

"Um, I guess everything else looks okay? We shared stuff between us, I'd have to check what got brought from our tent? Everything has been...bad today." She grunts in pain and for a few long seconds closes her eyes, breathing heavily before saying, "It's a fine cloak ma'am but I never seen it before."
Insight : 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:45 pm

((Bad description on Kroshav's part, I'd say. The thing was solid, not a shadow, with empty eye sockets. After adding more light, you saw that it had long arms with claws, and a melted face. Had some sort of tattered cloth wrapped around it.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1869&start=7620 ))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:17 pm

((Nope, bad on my part! I missed that bit, I think I got too excited that it was his turn to hit it. So it looked like it had a sword at first, but then didn't?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:28 pm

((I don't think it ever had a sword. The only mentions of swords I can find are to Kroshav's, in note that his sword is providing illumination to see the thing and that he hears the voice from his sword.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:42 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:58 am Kroshav's already magical sword ignites with light that is almost completely swallowed in the hungry void. It dimly illuminates the area immediately around Kroshav, except for a spot in the direction of Jaq. In that spot stands a lurking, warping blackness in the shape of a humanoid with a sword and glowing red pits where it's head would be.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:40 am [...] and proceeds to the area of increased darkness. His sword just manages to reveal a solid creature in the darkness, it's features mostly hidden in gloom... except it's eyes.
((I dunno. Two different instances of the same creature being introduced?))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:34 am

((I was trying to introduce the creature based on how much of it was revealed in the supernatural darkness. Kroshav ultimately gave it a full reveal by bringing the glow sword over. Ya know, increase the suspense of not knowing what you were fighting.))
---
Cary lies smoothly and the daughter doesn't even pause to consider if she is being deceived as she answers.

Cary watches the daughter as she answers and, near as Cary can tell, is being honest that she hasn't seen the cloak before. It is also pretty clear she is in some actual pain that is distracting her.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:01 pm

Cary looks about and states, "Thank you...though I think perhaps it is time to get the midwife...there is one around here?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Gabrie gives Jolly a long look at his silence for not offering to help to which the fighter meets blankly and then with confusion and finally slow understanding,

"Oh, uh ya. Happy to give a hand...er," he gives an awkward look over to Lurn then averts his eyes to Jaq before quickly focus on Kroshav with a defeated look and rubbing his face. "Gods, this has been a long couple of weeks."

His last comment gets a mildly disapproving look from all the clerics, but Gabrie leads off the a store room and the four of you start restoring the kitchen. After the second trip Jaq has an arm to just under his elbow, the skin is pale and smooth as promised. After the third he has a new hand. On a whole he looks lopsided, one normally muscled arm and one scrawny arm.

The floor is mostly moped as well and Gvin is using something to make it smell like lavender, which is nice.

((At this point everyone but Jaq can do whatever! Jaq needs to spend the night. Anyone doing anything?))
---
She waves her hand dismissively and says,

"The medic said it was just false labor, ta early. Midwife was by an' said 'less the bag of waters goes to just try and rest," she gives Joe and the cat another sidelong, curious look, "but how can ya rest when a baby's on ya inside bits mushing it all. Any chance ya could walk me to the lantrines or the tree line? Ain't too picky long as it's fast."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:52 pm

Cary will nod, "Er yes...which is closer?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:53 pm

Even with only one arm, Lurn joins in hauling furniture back to the kitchen, his powerful build leaving the only real difficulty as getting a balanced hold on larger objects. As the work draws to a close, the large man sighs, "We need to head back to camp, let the corporal know the situation, but I'd suggest one of us stay just for Jaq's comfort, more would be imposing on the temple. Shouldn't be any danger from here on, at least? You should consider who you'd want to have around, Jaq. While you do, I'd like to take a few minutes to pray."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:09 am

Faylin nods appreciatively to Lurn's suggestion,

"Always good to have a friendly face around. Ygar can be quite unpleasant to be around."

The the dwarf ignores the friendly barb and focuses on getting the chimney pipe right.
---
She points to the trees a few hundred feet to the north and sets off at a rushed waddle, then pauses for a stretch, breathing quickly and shallowly, before continuing to the trees.

((Cary is helping her? Are Joe and Ruby hanging at the tent?))

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:51 am

Cary will assist the woman but keep her eyes on the tree line...and see if anyone else from the camp is near the tree line either...and if there is anything in the tree line...

Perception: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:07 am

"Ah, I hadn't really thought of that, Lurn. Well, your right, trouble does seem to follow us lately, but if your not safe in a temple?" After a moment of thought he asks, "Lurn, do you feel well enough to go back and advise the army what is going on? Seeing your situation should stop any suspicions about us not showing back up tonight?"
If Lurn is fine with that, he'll ask if Kroshav wants to stay here for the night."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 am

Lurn chuckles, "Certainly nowhere safer than a temple, what I'm worried about is your comfort. People aren't always so at home in a temple to lord of the dead. And I can certainly make it back, I'll set out after taking a bit to pray."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:08 am

Joe is still casting.....

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:08 am

"Oh, I think after all these two religions have done for me, I have two new favorite places to visit!"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:15 am

Ygar gets the chimney the in place and looks around the sparse kitchen area with satisfaction.

"Say yer prayers to our Lord lad but yer all sticking round for some dinner. Ye too Faylin."

Gvin heads out and a few minutes later a morose young human woman and yawning gnome come in, both are dressed in robes (that Lurn knows marks them as acolytes).

Without a word the pair start preparing a meal as Gvin and Ygar leave a return with supplies and a bundle of loaves of bread. Gabrie sits at the table and slaps the spot beside her saying,

"Kroshav? Come have a seat and tell me a tale of the Five!" Faylin sits, but keeps their eyes on Jaq with an evaluating gaze and nods to a spot beside them with a friendly smile.
----
There are no fewer than two patrols within a hundred feet of where the daughter is aiming, one heading towards the spot and one away. From where Cary is, the woods look clear of any threat.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:18 am

Kroshav grins and has a seat.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:41 am

Lurn moves to a corner to pray while everyone goes about their business, delivering his thanks for seeing Jaq safely through this trouble, for granting himself the strength to make it through the ordeal with the portal arm, for granting his protection to all those gathered in His holy place, and asking that He continue to grant His blessings to them.
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:52 am

Cary will relax a little but keep an eye out anyway since she tends to have a better dim light sight...

She also looks about "Have you been using the woods for your relief regularly?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:35 am

((Give me a religion check Dlover.))
---
The woman keeps on to the woods and says,

"Uh? These ones since we was moved, others by the south side of the road when there was a line at the refugee lantrines. I can't hold it long..."

She reaches the edge of the woods and has the hem of her dress lifted and drawers down before she is three steps in...

Cary sees nothing in the trees but the approaching patrol picks up the pace with inquisitive looks on their faces. They look into the trees where Cary is standing and make a polite loop around the pair.

Cary waits a minute and the daughter reemerges with a more relaxed look on her face and then she gets and odd look and reaches down and pats herself.

"Think I maybe didn't make it..." The then looks at the spreading wetness on her dress and grunts in pain, "Okay, now gonna need that midwife. Ya can come with an' I can tell ya more to help ya?"

She starts waddling towards the village, breathing hard.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:48 am

Cary swears in her mind...

"I think you'd better return to your tent...we will get the midwife..."
She looks about for someone to order about...being an officer does have privileges, sometimes.

(Med check...apparently Cary has delivered a baby before...)
Med Check: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr