Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:19 am

((Kroshav will want to check in at Pelor's on Malik's status.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:08 am

Well if Cary has no objections, Joe will start scribing.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:12 am

Jaq has no agenda except the one temple and then heading out of town.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:13 am

((Any plans for the evening or just going to call it an early night?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 am

Kroshav dishes up a portion of the very onion and garlicky meal, joining the others in washing it down with cider.

"Any of you have a spare dagger or two I could buy off you?", he queries around a bite of meat.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:21 am

Dama pats absently around her middle and pulls out a dagger and slides it across the table, hilt first.

"Call it a gift for keeping Jolly in fighting shape."

She elbows him and he ignores her as he takes a bite of the meat and chewing mutters about what kind of animal it could be from that they need so much garlic to cover the taste.

The dagger is nothing special but it has a proper grip. Looks Dama also keeps it sharp.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:41 am

"Well, I'd be giving it away, so as long as you're not bothered by my re-gifting a gift..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:41 am

"It's given. Do whatever ya like with it! Well not..."

Jolly shakes his head and smiles into his mug,

"He won't do whatever ya thinking about Dama."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:45 am

Kroshav scratches his head in confusion, but thanks Dama for the knife, slipping it into his belt for the time being.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:15 pm

Cary will sigh..."Alright who is next on our interview list...The dwarf?"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:45 pm

((If no one has any plans for the rest of the night we can fast forward a little to morning?))
---
Ghram nods,

"Yes. She is being kept under guard." As he guides you to the small, wooden building she is being kept in, some kind of storage shed by the looks of it, he explains, "She is a traveling merchant and tinker from Thalmiir. She claims the victim was trying to rob her, but unlike the gnome and the young woman she was quite...vocal and aggressive about it. She doesn't have any alibi we can determine from last night nor has she given one."

Ghram nods to the guards outside the building and looks to Cary to see what she wants to do.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:05 am

((No big plans on my part.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:02 am

(Good to move on to morning)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:23 am

For scribing, does it have to be unintereupted?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:48 am

Cary tries to recall her memory of proper Dwarven protocol from her years as a diplomat's niece...

((I will roll once I figure out what her scores are...not on home computer))

History Check: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:27 pm

((If Dlover doesn't have something we'll hope forward then.))
---
((Nothing on scribing needing to be uninterrupted but since it is a sensitive task that requires precision to accomplish. At the end of the process it is a DC 11 arcana check to get it in successfully, you break it up too much I would say you do it at disadvantage.))

Cary's court learned protocol is likely a little nice for a traveling merchant but she knows addressing her in dwarven will probably be appreciated. Saying nice, specific things about her clan is always a good way to earn some leeway. Offering strong alcohol never seemed to go poorly, initially.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:45 pm

((nothing.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:51 am

Cary stops for a moment...
"Do either of you know what clan she is associated with?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:28 pm

"Ah donnae. Ye bet ta ask 'er."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Everyone calls it a night after a few hours of chatting and make their way to their rooms. They are split into two groups, women and Celus taking a room with three beds and the old crew in a room with four. After an uneventful night Kroshav is woken up early by Jolly who whispers and says,

"Let's get some practice in before heading down to breakfast."

Jaq is already done tracing at this point and is doing whatever he does while everyone else sleeps. Outside the sounds of raised voices and horses become more and more audiable for a few minutes before fading again.

Once the light training is done the four head down to find Indra, Dama and Celus up eating a thick, lumpy porridge. They look rested and wave everyone over to have seats as porridge is brought over. As breakfast is laid out the owner of the Goat approaches and asks Jaq,

"Hope ya slept well? Will you be stayin' another night?"

Separately Celus asks,

"So do we have a plan of places to visit today? Temple of Pelor then Temple of Lathander then Temple of Kelemvor and then...?"
---
Ghram borrows back his note book and flips to the page on the dwarven woman and hands it back to Cary.

"This is what we have on her."

The woman's first name is a phonetic take of a common dwarven vulgarity and her clan name looks to be a creative phonetic combination of two quite descriptive vulgarities. Cary would hazard to guess that those are not the woman's real names.

Based on her trades it isn't like she isn't from a combat clan, maybe from the Duskhammer clan or one of its subclans? They are metalworkers but they are only the most numerous. Calling her a potential rival clan won't earn Cary many points.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:55 pm

(To Celus) "Can't think of anything else to do, so after that might be about time to set out on the road?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:07 am

"Well, if we can get everything done before lunch we might be able to travel with the next group of conscripts heading back west?"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:23 am

"Thanks for the night's lodging, but we got what we needed done, so we will be heading onwards. Next time we are in the area, we will look you up again for lodging though. My thanks."

Jaq is ready to move on to pick up his items and see what knowledge is found. "I'm gonna head right to the Temple of Kelemvor pick up my stuff and talk to the priests. If you all want to go to the other temples, feel free to do that first and I will meet you when you are done at the Temple of Kelemvor. After that I think I'll be ready to move on." What he did during trance was remember to make a meeting spot for us all today!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:36 am

Kroshav is happy to train, and he will try to get strength back for the two with arm issues.

Kroshav will see if Yimi is inside, if not, duck out to the stables after he eats.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:40 am

Cary sighs..."Really a desperate gnome and a comedian dwarf...We wouldn't happen to have any drawves or someone else she communicated with in the camp...because this intel is less than useless...if we use it with her she will just be laughing at us the entire time..." She smiles at the other Officer..."Sorry, luck of being raised in a diplomat's household...but we need to actually get her to talk..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr