Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:36 am

((I figured the mace would still be on Lurn's belt or wherever he keeps it. Like you say, he never uses it!))

Ygar looks over at Lurn to check his response while absently putting a hand on Jaq's shoulder stump.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:48 pm

Lurn pauses, considering Jaq's insistence, then shakes his head, "All people must grow from their failings, Jaq. This will serve as my reminder of that. You couldn't have avoided the damage to your own, and you need both arms to use a bow. Some hesitated when they saw my arm like that, and if others had also then my mistake could have put everyone in danger. I can manage well enough with one arm, and it won't be permanent. Feel no guilt over this matter, friend. I myself am choosing this path."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:53 pm

He begins to protest, but when he sees the look in Lurn's eyes, he just closes his mouth and stares back into his eyes for a bit, then quietly looks down at the table. "I'm still going to feel guilt." he says quietly as he lays down on the table.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:20 pm

"Maybe they can give Lurn's new arm to Jaq, since he's not planning on using it.", Kroshav whispers to Jolly, amused by the image of Jaq firing his bow while a firbolg arm stuck to his side waves a dagger at would be assailants.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:32 pm

"Then you'll just have to see how well I handle the situation. Handling a shovel may be difficult, but I'll manage well enough."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:46 am

Ygar lifts Jaq back into a sitting position and, still not looking at Jaq, responds to Kroshav with,

"Ain't the way it works lad. His body is just gonna grow one like it was before. Ye don't get to choose where it comes from." Then without warning says, "And it stings like sticking the missing bit in a beehive for ten or fifteen minutes."

Jaq immediately feels a slight stinging in his shoulder as the dwarf let's go and turns to Gvin,

"Go and grab us a bucket and a few mops please. Aye'd like to be able to cook meh breakfast in here tomorrow."

Gvin departs and the stinging in Jaq's shoulder increases steadily from odd to uncomfortable. Gabrie and Faylin converse quietly in the corner, casting glances at Lurn and Jaq. Jolly rubs his scruffy cheek looking at the puddles of blood,

"Something to eat sounds good...ya know, when everyones got an if they want one."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:55 am

With everything settled down, Lurn goes and claps Jolly on the shoulder, "So, what of all that nervousness before about, eh? You proved quite handily that your sword was more than enough to handle what came."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:20 am

((Ygar has really good hearing!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:04 am

((Missed that it was a whisper, sorry! But he totally still heard :D :

Ygar hearing Kroshav: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:13 am

((In a small empty room, nothing escapes the clerics. Gotta have really good hearing if you're going to hear the voice of your god.))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:29 am

((Actually gave him the wrong modifier, he only had a 22. ;)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:20 am

((Well, Kroshav isn't widely known for his whispering ability anyway.))

"Err, yeah. Makes sense it wouldn't work like that, I guess."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:09 am

"Don't mind him, Kroshav, those who work with the dead tend to develop a more macabre sense of humour. The clerics who taught me were the same. And it would do no good for a joke to make Jaq worry about an impossibility."
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:43 am

Jaq winces a bit, but tries to look as stoic as possible, trying to hold very, very still.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:47 pm

Ygar adds to Lurn,

"Who was joking? The elf isn't going to wake up with a tentacle less he is really a darkmantle."

Jolly tries not to look at Lurn's missing arm, so hard that he is looking away from Lurn as he answers,

"Uh, ya worked fine, not like Kroshav's or what'ser name's but got the job done. Mm... guessin' ya ain't gonna be training much in the mornings anymore...for a while."

Ygar calls Faylin over to look at a pile of black ash on the floor near the southeast corner of the table, nudging it with his boot. He asks back towards Kroshav,

"What'd this look like when it was aliv- moving. Aye felt it but couldna see it."

((The red glowing eyed thing Kroshav got.))

Gvin shows up with a mop and a bucket and sets them against the wall and leaves again. Jaq feels an unpleasant stretching sensation in the stump as the stinging gets worse.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:09 pm

"Nah, he'll have to train extra to get used to not having an arm on that side.", Kroshav reassures Jolly.

"It looked like a guy made out of shadows, with a sword and glowing fiery eye holes! Was nasty cold, too."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:20 pm

"He's right. I'll have to practice proper positioning with my shield."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Kroshav nods at Lurn's shieldwork comment, and comes over to inspect the firbolg's right stump. "If I can get time at a forge, or at least some downtime and tools and some materials, I should be able to close that sleeve for you Lurn. Put a bit of padding in there and mail over the end so it's not flapping about where someone can stab it. Though my mail-work isn't the best, maybe a hammered cap that's linked to your existing armor?"

He turns to one of the other clerics, "Is Jaq's arm going to be at full strength or is it going to need extra training too? Will he be able to draw a bow?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:10 pm

Jaq waits to hear the answer to Kroshav's question then he has another of his own. "So," he looks at the high priests, "am I free of all demon influence now, or is he somehow always going to be a problem for me...like at least somehow being connected?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:21 pm

When Jaq asks about being demon touched, Kroshav will activate his Divine Sense and take a good sniff of both Lurn and Jaq.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:42 am

To Kroshav's answer then question,

"So like the ones over in the corner then? Nothing different? The undead come in disturbingly many varieties," Ygar wakes over and grabs the mop and bucket and starts mopping up the blood and says, "Like aye said before, it'll be a fresh arm. 'bout as much muscle and hair as a elf baby's butt. He'll need a bit to get it back to normal."

Kroshav takes a deep sniff he picks up nothing but a faint, fading rot from Lurn but Jaq still has a subtle faint gut wretching foulness to him. Faylin smiles reassuringly,

"Jaq will need to stay here tonight and I will ensure the lingering vestiges if the taint are removed. He had a small amount outside his arm, in the shoulder. It should be easy enough to excise."

Gvin shows up with another bucket and mop and gets to work.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:02 am

"Bigger, more... Evil looking. It had a sword, but guess that was made of shadow?", he looks around to make sure there's not a demon blade they've overlooked.

"Heh, elf baby butt arm."

"Hurk... Yeah, if you can scrub that stink off him, that'd be good. No offense, Jaq!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:57 am

Jaq nods and actually looks a bit relieved when it's said he'll be staying the night here and they'd be doing a bit more checking to make sure all is good.

And he actually smiles a bit when Kroshav can't help but make fun of baby elf butts.

He then just closes his eyes and tries to ignore the weird feeling of his growing arm.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:57 am

"Hmm. Could have sworn aye felt another, stronger one in here. The other shadowy ones didn't leave ash. Either way it's gone."

((No swords!))

He dumps the filthy water down the drain leaves to refill it. Faylin smiles at Ygar's not-joke and responds to Kroshav,

"More like out of him than off. Either way I am fully confident! Gabrie, would you mind helping me carry the oven back in here?"

Jaq's shoulder looks...longer and almost like the start of an arm. It is now itching and stinging.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:42 am

((Am I failing to describe it well, or is the NPC just being confusing? :D ))

"Oh, if you want help moving the oven, Lurn and I are... well, I'm good at moving heavy things."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler